• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is nostalgia more related to high Si or low Si?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJs don't always want to keep things the way they are, but they are highly concious, and value the guidance if past events compared to other types.

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
During a time where I was depressed I used to only remember negative aspects of situations and people and I've read that is Si in 8th place (demon function).
Also, I've often experience a sort of longing for something that never really was but could be/have been, a sort of "Streben", something a romantic from the Sturm und Drang would experience. I wonder if that is a Ni-Fe thing.

Also I second the idea of sentimentality for Si aux. My father is Si aux and he tells about the past with a smile on his face. No doubt he would go back to some of it at times, but for him is not a longing rather than a reassuring memory.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
idk I would just associate it with Si in general, regardless of position. So, by that logic, Si dominants would be the most nostalgic.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
idk I would just associate it with Si in general, regardless of position. So, by that logic, Si dominants would be the most nostalgic.

I'm not nostalgic about all my past, but am with some parts. I do think Si doms gave more control over their Si, so it's sometimes nostalgic, but typically think pretty critically about their past since it's on their mind a lot.

WeddingMood

Nostalgia longs for the past. Sentimentality is appreciating the past without necessarily longing for it.

then if I do not throw away items that I had as a child or if I do not want skyscrapers to be built it means that I am nostalgic not sentimental?

FoulcherDeChartres

The problem is that you associate nostalgia to nostalgia about sensory experiences. The thing is that past can ne hold in different forms like a general period you associate with a meaning. Some people experience nostalgia for periods when they weren't born because it can holds social values or something else.

I generally experience nostalgia in terms of meaning, not necessiraly in terms of specific sensory events