• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted Intuition (INTJ/INFJ)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey members of Typology Central, I found this excellent video on Ni and I took the time to write down the captions for this video (from listening). Enjoy. :)

"Hello I do realize that many people subscribe to my channel because they are either INTJ or INFJ. And that’s why I decided to make this video on introverted intuition.

When a person’s dominant function is introverted intuition, they might see the world in a little bit fragmented manner because they are able to embrace all contradictory evidence at the same time. They can see both the positive and the negative at the same time. Whereas most people usually focus on either positive or negative.

You might struggle with judging time appropriately, you might also understand things in a little bit different manner than to most people and that’s why many INTJs or INFJs can feel a bit isolated or perhaps weird compared to other people.

And the way intuition works is while you are collecting the data from your perception and from what you see or what you perceive in front of you or in your imagination, you collect different facts and elements by seeing patterns, now if not this ability to collect things into patterns, as mentioned before you’d see everything entirely fragmented, not making sense, and basically all big chaos of data.

Now the biggest aspect of how people use introverted intuition is probably also the biggest paradox of this cognitive skill, but the more we kind of focus on using it, the more present we try to be, the more disciplined, the more attention we pay to what we think to what we say to what we do, the less effective our introverted intuition is. Because it relies on the unconscious mechanisms and the only thing we can do and we can control is the effort we put into focusing and how much effort we put into dissociating.

So it’s like a constant movement between our unconscious and conscious. Obviously we cannot be entirely dependent on our own unconscious because we would lose touch with reality and other people, but we also cannot just focus just on the consciousness and focus on attention and perception and discipline and such and such and such, because we would lose our ability to use our introverted intuition if that makes sense, so probably that is the biggest paradox of introverted intuition and why it is both a gift and a curse.

Now despite the fact that people have dominant introverted intuition, they can be quite intelligent, it’s not the same type of intelligence that other people are using. So for example you might have INTJ, and another side you might have ISTJ. They might arrive at the same conclusion, but the chances are that INTJ will be much quicker than ISTJ because for ISTJ to arrive at this conclusion they will need to apply logic and analytical skills like a + b + c = d you know etc. etc. They need to go to through this process in order to understand it. Whereas INTJs or INFJs they don’t have the skills in their perceptions, they take all the data and by using this intuition, they collect these facts.

Now the key difference between people with introverted intuition and other people and other functions, is that if you imagine that most people they usually reason about the world in the manner as what appears to them in this particular moment or as well happened in the past. Now in contrast with people with introverted intuition, they are a little a bit above all this, I mean not in a superior way, but rather they are able to transcend the present in order to see the future. So because of this ability to see the future, not like the prophet, or some mystic, although perhaps many people call them like this but again, not having this filter of perception, they can see various possibilities and probabilities appearing in the future.

Again of that reason of not being entirely in the present, but rather metaphorically floating above your body and seeing everything in that quite fragmented way. This causes people to be rather disconnected from their bodies and from the environment itself. So as an example they might struggle with eating, such as either not eating enough because they skip meals, they forget about eating because once again, they’re once again quite disconnected from their bodies. Or if they are in their shadow they might engage in binge eating, they might eat too much, not realizing how much is too much, because of not feeling entirely connected to one’s body, they might also have trouble with maintaining proper sleeping patterns, they might change their sleeping patterns, they might either sleep too much or too little. Once again, because their thought processes are floating above the practical level, they are not all the time here with us.

Another thing that I have noticed is from my own experience in how I behave and from what I observed in other INTJs and INFJs is that we tend to kind of space out in the middle of the conversation and it’s not like we’re losing the meaning of the conversation or the interest in the conversation in itself, it’s actually the more we focus on the conversation, the less we know what to say, because introverted intuition belongs to unconscious real we rely on unconscious in order to communicate with the outside world. Which sounds kind of ridiculous but that’s how it works.

Although it might appear as making a person insane or weird, it does not equal insanity or mental illness because don’t forget each type has also supporting functions which prevent a person from falling into that insanity of introverted intuition and in both types, the supporting function which extroverted thinking in INTJs which helps them to reason about the world in strict logical and analytical manner. And you have extroverted feeling in INFJs to help understand other people and connect to others in quite a rational way. So thank you very much for watching."

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So I poked and prodded my brother with questions concerning his use of Ni (he's INTJ) and he knows of MBTI but nothing beyond the four letters. He's always been aware of this unique side to him, so I asked him to describe the process and what it is. Little did he know, he was describing his Ni to me! Now, the beauty to this was, he has absolutely no knowledge of the functions or that there is even an introverted and extroverted version to intuition, so he described it in a very personal way. I can say that it does seem a tad less "magical" to me now, since there is a particular logic to it and I can see where it all comes from, but nonetheless, it was such a beautiful exchange between us.

The jist of his example being how he figured out how to work the office politics on his own. He told me some of the various interactions and conversations he had with people that helped lead him to his conclusions, and what surprised me most, was that had I been in his shoes, those fragments of data would have spawned completely different conclusions, not the ones he came to.

Now, there does remain, some magic to intuition, even after being given the keys to the city of Ni, and that's that last leap that allows one to remove themselves from the situation as a third party. Other people can piece things together too, but what is that remaining 20% grey matter that allows one to do so?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I poked and prodded my brother with questions concerning his use of Ni (he's INTJ) and he knows of MBTI but nothing beyond the four letters. He's always been aware of this unique side to him, so I asked him to describe the process and what it is. Little did he know, he was describing his Ni to me! Now, the beauty to this was, he has absolutely no knowledge of the functions or that there is even an introverted and extroverted version to intuition, so he described it in a very personal way. I can say that it does seem a tad less "magical" to me now, since there is a particular logic to it and I can see where it all comes from, but nonetheless, it was such a beautiful exchange between us.

The jist of his example being how he figured out how to work the office politics on his own. He told me some of the various interactions and conversations he had with people that helped lead him to his conclusions, and what surprised me most, was that had I been in his shoes, those fragments of data would have spawned completely different conclusions, not the ones he came to.

Now, there does remain, some magic to intuition, even after being given the keys to the city of Ni, and that's that last leap that allows one to remove themselves from the situation as a third party. Other people can piece things together too, but what is that remaining 20% grey matter that allows one to do so?

junk DNA. :ninja:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see, I see...

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TL;DR

Is it a real description or just more magick eye crap?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TL;DR

Is it a real description or just more magick eye crap?

Look at them flicka da wrists. ;)

Seriously:

Here's my critique, I shared it because some of it came to be true in my experience, or at least it was a different description.
But I think there are some falsehoods in there too, just not as bad falsehoods as others.

DAMMIT MICHEAL PEIRCE BRING THE INFJ REMIX. (he's a youtuber)

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Just my 2 cents : it helps a lot to have a developed Ti function to validate Ni-driven impressions (which is definitely the case for INTJ, INFJ).
Without a bit of Ti to back it up, Ni just goes haywire imo and is essentially nothing more than irrational or emotional gutfeeling horseshit.
These are my thoughts after skimming through the OP.
edit : I'm still a bit unsure about what I just wrote, which shows how difficult it is to explain Ni, if not unexpainable.
I definitely tend to look at things from third person ("above body") perspective as mentioned in the OP. Like disconnect from my subjective self and try to truely analyze things objectively, without emotional or prejudice clutter.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Oh, I really like her videos!

I can relate to her description, whether I'm Ni or not.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just my 2 cents : it helps a lot to have a developed Ti function to validate Ni-driven impressions (which is definitely the case for INTJ, INFJ).
Without a bit of Ti to back it up, Ni just goes haywire imo and is essentially nothing more than irrational or emotional gutfeeling horseshit.
edit : I'm still a bit unsure about what I just wrote, which shows how difficult it is to explain Ni, if not unexpainable.
I definitely tend to look at things from third person ("above body") perspective as mentioned in the OP. Like disconnect from my subjective self and try to truely analyze things objectively, without emotional or prejudice clutter.

Erm... false.. partially. It's Fe/Se being trained gathering and adjusting information from the outside world, if it weren't for those two, a Ni-Ti loop would occur. Which is just as bad, Ti doesn't help Ni and hurts the user because they would get into a "I don't know what to believe anymore/go loopy"

Oh, I really like her videos!

I can relate to her description, whether I'm Ni or not.

Me too. I like her persona as well. :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Although it might appear as making a person insane or weird, it does not equal insanity or mental illness because don’t forget each type has also supporting functions which prevent a person from falling into that insanity of introverted intuition

"Now I'm not saying introverted intuition types are insane... but introverted intuition is insane."

lol sorry... just the impression I got from reading that sentence. Carry on.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Now I'm not saying introverted intuition types are insane... but introverted intuition is insane."

lol sorry... just the impression I got from reading that sentence. Carry on.

Yeah I did find that she was too much of an apologist there. :huh:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Erm... false.. partially. It's Fe/Se being trained gathering and adjusting information from the outside world, if it weren't for those two, a Ni-Ti loop would occur. Which is just as bad, Ti doesn't help Ni and hurts the user because they would get into a "I don't know what to believe anymore/go loopy"

mkay, but I always thought Ti or Te are "rational" functions. Of which I would suspect that it helps the user by validating or invalidating the intuitive stream (wether Ni or Ne). Whereas Fe/Fi seems a more sentimental type of function to me with little or no rational interpretation or validation. I always think of new age hippies, to use a stereotype, as people with high Fe in addition to their Ni (or Fi in combination with Ne) and litte Ti or Te, making them dreamy and often irrational.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mkay, but I always thought Ti or Te are "rational" functions. Of which I would suspect that it helps the user by validating or invalidating the intuitive stream (wether Ni or Ne). Whereas Fe/Fi seems a more sentimental type of function to me with little or no rational interpretation or validation. I always think of new age hippies, to use a stereotype, as people with high Fe in addition to their Ni (or Fi in combination with Ne) and litte Ti or Te, making them dreamy and often irrational.

You need to let go of those stereotypes. Find me an INFJ with low Ti AND high Fe. seriously. Fe is also a rational function. Se is an irrational function. It bugs me that you would see Fe/Fi as some sort of inferior function.

I would ask that you study up on the nature of the feeling function rather than somebody/your perception of it which ironically enough that information/judgment could've been received through your feeling function.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
You need to let go of those stereotypes. Find me an INFJ with low Ti AND high Fe. seriously. Fe is also a rational function. Se is an irrational function. It bugs me that you would see Fe/Fi as some sort of inferior function.

Just using 1 stereotype to make a point.
Isn't MBTI stereotypical to begin with ?

Not going to find an INFJ with low Ti and high Fe. Precisely why I said INTJ's and INFJ's have Ti/Te to back up all that N, where ESFJ's, ISFP's (hence the hippy stereotype), ENFJ's and INFP's don't.

Aren't Ti & Te the only rational functions ? How could any other function be rational ? They're all sensory impressions, gutfeelings/experience-driven or emotional in nature.

Having said that : I pitty my own low Se.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I would ask that you study up on the nature of the feeling function rather than somebody/your perception of it which ironically enough that information/judgment could've been received through your feeling function.

Yes.

I read over and over posts by INFJs claiming that they "use Ti" to do this that or the other thing. No, they don't. Ti is tertiary: it is rarely used, and when it is it tends to be awkward and clumsy, especially in younger INFJs. Not to be insulting, but I can usually spot INFJs online by their efforts to "be logical" and I find no actual logical train of thought. This is entirely analogous to INTJs and their tertiary Fi: when an INTJ tries to be emotive and feeling, it comes out very awkwardly without much actual emotional awareness. For both INTJ and INFJ, their respective tertiaries are fascinating - kind of a psychological itch that each type needs to scratch. They feel like it's something that they OUGHT to know, that they do understand at some level, but they don't - because their Ni and Te/Fe is entirely sufficient to reason through just about anything they might encounter. It usually isn't into later in life that INxJs start to really understand the tertiary and its nuances, and it comes into play in a much more "earthy" way with a strong influence of inferior Se.

So as INTJs progress, they eventually develop ISFP-ish aspects to their persona, where their emotionality isn't connected to the abstract ideals of introverted intuition, but to the practical realities of the world. Similarly, INFJs gradually develop rather ISTP-ish aspects, becoming more practical/cynical about life, and engaging more in practical realities than emotional abstractions. This is something that Dario Nardi has observed (in a very limited, non-scientific, non-rigorous way) in INFJs, where they're still INFJs, but they've developed EEG patterns that engage parts of the brain that are used more by ISTPs.

As for how can an INFJ handle abstract technical reasoning without engaging Ti, just THINK about it: Ni is more than abstract enough to handle abstractions! Just because the reasoning is "technical" doesn't mean that Fe doesn't help connect the abstract reasoning with the real world. It's just a different path than Te. Fe is more "heuristic" in its reasoning. It knows an answer is right because it "feels" right, not because it has been verified point-by-point as Te would do. In technical professions, INFJs bring a strong combination of insightfulness along with their ability to connect with people on a personal level - a skill much neglected by most people who gravitate towards technical jobs.

Another way to help classify things properly, note that "thinking" isn't the conventional definition of the word, but rather it's a specific attitude on how to process things and make decisions. After all, every single cognitive function represents the conventional definition of "thinking" in one way or another. Jungian "thinking" might be best described as the tendency to rely on analytical processes for evaluating things and making decisions, as opposed to feeling which relies on heuristic processes. Thinkers are good at dealing with ideas that you can break down into pieces, deal with the pieces, and then put it all back together again. Feelers are good at dealing with ideas that you cannot break down into pieces, or are too complicated to break down into pieces. The weakness of each type is that Thinkers try to analyze things that cannot be analyzed, while Feelers tend to make decisions based on heuristics even if using an analytical approach would be more appropriate.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
So as INTJs progress, they eventually develop ISFP-ish aspects to their persona, where their emotionality isn't connected to the abstract ideals of introverted intuition, but to the practical realities of the world. Similarly, INFJs gradually develop rather ISTP-ish aspects, becoming more practical/cynical about life, and engaging more in practical realities than emotional abstractions.

Very insightful uumlau (all of it). Thank you.

Very applicable to me as well : I've noticed these ISFP-ish aspects boiling up in myself (turning 37 this month), perhaps even ISTP-ish. Practical & Cynical : can confirm that, just take a look at my signature :p. I've started running and learning guitar at later age, which definitely resonates with the "practical realities" you've mentioned, I think. I work as an IT manager : and I'm definitely appreciated for my atypical people skills in this field. The only thing I don't quite get is why my Ti would be clumsy : I'm very good at cold hard logic (True or False things), even as a child. On the hand it really does show that Ti is tertiary for me and not my 1st nature. I also do notice clumsy emotional behavior in INTJ friends, as you mentioned (and I appreciate them a lot for it, because I'm aware that it takes effort for them to do so ! Somehow I just know that way it comes from the heart. The INTJs I know are also very honest.).

Going to take a look at Dario Nardi.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very insightful uumlau (all of it). Thank you.
You are quite welcome! :)

The only thing I don't quite get is why my Ti would be clumsy : I'm very good at cold hard logic (True or False things), even as a child.
In other words, you can think such things through VERY quickly, right? That's your intuition at work!

Ti is actually slower and much more methodical. You are very familiar with patterns of logic so that you recognize them quickly and know what is correct or not based on experience. You aren't actually re-figuring out all that painful true/false logic step by step.

This is something that puzzled me as an INTJ, especially in light of "tests" that indicated that I was "high" with Ti and Ne, along with Ni and Te. Superficially, they look very similar, which is why it's fairly easy to type as an INTx and not be sure of the J/P. But if you pay close attention, the INTJs tend to "think faster" (which the INTPs would call "jumping to conclusions"): INTJs "just know" the right answer, and THEN they spend the effort to analyze things so that they can explain why that answer is right to other people. INTPs don't "just know" the answer: they carefully and deliberately work their way through it and generally maintain a must higher level of precision than INTJs.

In the case of Ti in the INFJ being ISTP-ish, Ti comes into play in those things where you think things through practically and logically, but it's easier to put that logic into practice (Se) than it is to explain it (Ti, being introverted, is as bad at explaining things as Ni is.)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

I read over and over posts by INFJs claiming that they "use Ti" to do this that or the other thing. No, they don't. Ti is tertiary: it is rarely used, and when it is it tends to be awkward and clumsy, especially in younger INFJs. Not to be insulting, but I can usually spot INFJs online by their efforts to "be logical" and I find no actual logical train of thought. This is entirely analogous to INTJs and their tertiary Fi: when an INTJ tries to be emotive and feeling, it comes out very awkwardly without much actual emotional awareness. For both INTJ and INFJ, their respective tertiaries are fascinating - kind of a psychological itch that each type needs to scratch. They feel like it's something that they OUGHT to know, that they do understand at some level, but they don't - because their Ni and Te/Fe is entirely sufficient to reason through just about anything they might encounter. It usually isn't into later in life that INxJs start to really understand the tertiary and its nuances, and it comes into play in a much more "earthy" way with a strong influence of inferior Se.

So as INTJs progress, they eventually develop ISFP-ish aspects to their persona, where their emotionality isn't connected to the abstract ideals of introverted intuition, but to the practical realities of the world. Similarly, INFJs gradually develop rather ISTP-ish aspects, becoming more practical/cynical about life, and engaging more in practical realities than emotional abstractions. This is something that Dario Nardi has observed (in a very limited, non-scientific, non-rigorous way) in INFJs, where they're still INFJs, but they've developed EEG patterns that engage parts of the brain that are used more by ISTPs.

As for how can an INFJ handle abstract technical reasoning without engaging Ti, just THINK about it: Ni is more than abstract enough to handle abstractions! Just because the reasoning is "technical" doesn't mean that Fe doesn't help connect the abstract reasoning with the real world. It's just a different path than Te. Fe is more "heuristic" in its reasoning. It knows an answer is right because it "feels" right, not because it has been verified point-by-point as Te would do. In technical professions, INFJs bring a strong combination of insightfulness along with their ability to connect with people on a personal level - a skill much neglected by most people who gravitate towards technical jobs.

Another way to help classify things properly, note that "thinking" isn't the conventional definition of the word, but rather it's a specific attitude on how to process things and make decisions. After all, every single cognitive function represents the conventional definition of "thinking" in one way or another. Jungian "thinking" might be best described as the tendency to rely on analytical processes for evaluating things and making decisions, as opposed to feeling which relies on heuristic processes. Thinkers are good at dealing with ideas that you can break down into pieces, deal with the pieces, and then put it all back together again. Feelers are good at dealing with ideas that you cannot break down into pieces, or are too complicated to break down into pieces. The weakness of each type is that Thinkers try to analyze things that cannot be analyzed, while Feelers tend to make decisions based on heuristics even if using an analytical approach would be more appropriate.

Define "feels right" I feel such devoid of feeling in most decisions I make which makes me very indecisive unfortunately. I guess if anything if I know what was good is either after the fact or pretty direct from the other person. Although when it does come to people I can feel in a way that I just know and can't explain if I made a great interaction. But just because I "know", doesn't mean I always do what I feel. Which sounds counter-intuitive and I am still confused why it has happened to be this way. Maybe insecurity, idk. When it comes to big major life decisions, I still have a very difficult time finding what I want to do. Being a doctor sounds "comfortable" in my mind, but I know from prior experience that what I deem comfortable in my mind isn't always comfortable in reality.

I guess it is my fault that I analyze what too much on those "whole" pieces which leads me to my doom, yet I feel very very uncomfortable when doing means to an end approach as well. My feeling and thinking functions always feel like they're underdeveloped. I'm very instinctual and I'm trying to get out of it. Not to mention I "overthink" on everything. What's the most fascinating is reading psychology/philosophy and I start to feel in a very literal way that my mind is rearranging and reorganizing concepts in my mind and sometimes I can better understand on why the most painful situations in my life, start to finally make sense.

There's always a huge gap between what to do right socially and what to do right to my values. Sounds Fe vs Fi and I don't understand why it's so difficult. Intellectually, I know it's better to blend in, life will be much easier, less insanity because I feel a part of society but at the cost of inauthenticity. But the insanely "irrational" part of me would say "Be yourself" do you want to die knowing you weren't true to yourself leaving an impression on this world though you will have to suffer being excluded and ostracized for what may be truly right and better for this planet but may not attain it because too much suffering leads to lack of purpose and direction.

Logically "Fe" is more correct to live if we're talking about matters of self-interest (sounds paradoxical I know), although intuitively this "Fi" scenario is more right. (Now I'm just using labels, don't actually use my examples to define Fe and Fi because that'll live on to vehemently opposed disagreements)

tl;dr: Basically you got me more confused if I am a T or an F again.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read over and over posts by INFJs claiming that they "use Ti" to do this that or the other thing. No, they don't. Ti is tertiary: it is rarely used, and when it is it tends to be awkward and clumsy, especially in younger INFJs. Not to be insulting, but I can usually spot INFJs online by their efforts to "be logical" and I find no actual logical train of thought.

Oooh, this is quite good! I'm glad I stumbled on it. I do have some questions about it...especially because I am very split T/F. Yes, yes, I know the letters aren't the point (the functions are), but in the year or two I took to comb through MBTI things and determine my own, I realized that those split test results reflected very much on the functions in question. When I read broadly about the functions at first, the two that jumped off of the page at me were Ni and Ti, whereas Fe took me awhile to wrap my mind around (I don't think I use it as much as INFJ is pegged to). I identified as INxx in my mind for a long time because of that (and some other things). When I read into Ti, I quickly identified it in my work with Enneagram-- specifically in the way I pick up on motivational cues in people's writing, words and presentation-- I do agree that it's kind of a Ni/Ti partnership, because at least half of it is felt, but the other part feels very much like puzzle solving, picking out words and relating them to other statements, etc. Is that not Ti at all then? I suppose I struggle too, because in the end I feel almost like 4=5 which is congruent with the T=F thing. Meh. My own type isn't the question I'm getting at though, just musing about Ti.

Sorry for the long windedness, I'm just interested in this stuff and you clearly know a good deal. ;)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oooh, this is quite good! I'm glad I stumbled on it. I do have some questions about it...especially because I am very split T/F. Yes, yes, I know the letters aren't the point (the functions are), but in the year or two I took to comb through MBTI things and determine my own, I realized that those split test results reflected very much on the functions in question. When I read broadly about the functions at first, the two that jumped off of the page at me were Ni and Ti, whereas Fe took me awhile to wrap my mind around (I don't think I use it as much as INFJ is pegged to). I identified as INxx in my mind for a long time because of that (and some other things). When I read into Ti, I quickly identified it in my work with Enneagram-- specifically in the way I pick up on motivational cues in people's writing, words and presentation-- I do agree that it's kind of a Ni/Ti partnership, because at least half of it is felt, but the other part feels very much like puzzle solving, picking out words and relating them to other statements, etc. Is that not Ti at all then? I suppose I struggle too, because in the end I feel almost like 4=5 which is congruent with the T=F thing. Meh. My own type isn't the question I'm getting at though, just musing about Ti.

Sorry for the long windedness, I'm just interested in this stuff and you clearly know a good deal. ;)

Feel free to ask me any questions, either here or via PM. :)