• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think that job interview culture plays significant role into indoctrinating people into nazism against disabled people.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
You're supposed to "earn your living". But what is "earning your living"? It's about going through a system of competition where you have to have certain level of performance, specified characteristics, etc. to be allowed to work at all and then being able to work with enough reliability. It's basically description of social Darwinism and it's completely normalised. It's literally "survival of the fittest".

I think just the process of jumping through the hoops to be allowed to work is a very effective way of indoctrinating people into nazi social Darwinism. That's why nazism against disabled people is considered to be much more acceptable than for example against people of colour. Almost nobody would say that people deserve to starve or rot in poverty for skin colour but almost everyone would say that about "useless losers" whatever nazi slur they use for disabled people.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do know that this job search is driving me bonkers and I desperately need a beer. It just seems like I'm constantly not quite good enough yet people constantly tell me they can't do what I do. I feel at times as though I need to be superhuman. Certainly I must give up any time of my own while I devote myself to skills or practicing problem solving or something.

I don't know if it's the job search process that does it, as much as I hate it. I think it's something deeper; I get the feeling that if I read Max Weber I would really get some insight into this. There's probably some overlap with the Calvinist idea of the "elect"; there's the idea that those who enjoy earthly rewards do so because they have earned God's favor. I think a lot of it has persisted under various guises for reasons and mechanisms unknown to me.

Last edited:

ygolo

My termites win
Being a stroke survivor, I empathize.

I actually want to be part of a network of disabled individuals to form great economic opportunities.

I looked into:

The work available is a little disheartening since they are fairly low level/entry level. That could change if people with years of experience look to get competitive forces going to take down these restrictive companies by just being better.

I'd like to find the network of disabled people looking to create startups. In an ideal economy, problem finding, understanding the problems deeply, loving to solve the problem for the community that they're part of would all add a lot of enterprise value to the economy.

Who understands problems better than disabled people who face them day-to-day?

The problem-founder fit precedes product-market fit. Who would be more motivated to stick with a trying to solve a problem than someone who faces the problem themselves?

The main issue in my mind is how do we support ourselves while we work on these start-ups pre-product-market fit?

For moneyed investors, there's a funding opportunity here. If Y-combinator funded people to solve medical problems they faced themselves, I'd work on that full time in a heartbeat.

The main problems I face are:
1) Chronic exhaustion (I believe this to be a fairly general problem among chronically ill)
2) Chronic vertigo (specific to my type of stroke)

How connected are you to others in similar situations?

I am fairly isolated where I am.