• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me find my type.

d4rt4gnan

Enneagram
5w4
Be free to ask more questions if you have some. I will gladly answer them.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

32, Europe (more accurate than than you don’t need, as I don’t identify myself with the common values in my country), No, and No.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
INTJ and INTP. On various different tests and questionnaires I got INTJ and if I would change some answers I wasn’t certain about I would get INTP, not to mention that even on some forums people had difficulty finding my type, but have settled mostly on INTJ, and personally I am not so certain. Even before MBTI I knew I was introvert and a thinker (It was always hard for me to show emotions, or handle emotional situations where, for example, if there were someone crying I wouldn’t be the first person to come and pat him on the back saying “everything is going to be alright”.) So that basically left me with 4 types: INTJ, INTP, ISTJ, ISTP. I have read a lot about ISTJs, and I don’t at all relate to this type, or the Si function all that much as well as ISTP and Se function. I mean the problem is that I am not in tune with my environment. I am mostly “lost” in my head. Not that I am not aware when I need to be, but I have some moments when I zone out for a moment even then, it’s actually why I don’t even have a drivers license, because I am kind of afraid I will zone out in the middle of the driving.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I have really no idea how to answer this question.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
If I really have to pick one for both, as I don’t relate to any of them, then Sloth is the one that I relate the most, as I tend to lose interest in some things after I acquired them and lately have been feeling indifferent towards people.
And Greed the least as I have never pursued material wealth, as I am a minimalist, and basically only buy things that I really need.
(Joke) Although one could say that greed is also buying things you “need” as you need to fulfill that desire xD

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

People who I can talk anything about, especially discuss openly, share opinions, beliefs and arguments without it getting into a fight or heated argument, we don’t even have to agree on the subject, but I like to discuss about different subjects without feelings involved.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I have no idea, but it seems somehow a lot of people are drawn to me, and I am really picky with whom I hang out.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Weak minded people, those who follow social norms and desperately want to fit in with others, and would do anything just to fit in, to be “one of the guys”. Those that are naive, who don’t question the source of the information, people who don’t seem to think about the consequences.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I would say, talk openly without caring about how it comes out of my mouth. Talk with certainty, that even if the information isn’t correct I would talk like it is. As personally I generally think before I speak, and sometimes it can take me a long time before I respond, if I respond. I am really picky about stuff I am actually going to say, as from my observation people don’t like to consider different views all that much, which, in my head, makes saying some things pointless, because saying them or not saying them makes no difference at all. But naturally it all depends on the situation and the person or people I am talking with. If I see them as someone who would consider or think about a certain angle or view, then I would talk openly, if not well then I would mostly do the listening.

Talk openly about my feelings, express feelings, and recognize feelings in others, as well as sympathize with them. Personally I am not as expressive with my feelings as I would like to be.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:

a) Anger
Honestly I like to think I eliminated anger, as I find it illogical, basically from my stand-point when a person is angry the only one who loses then is him/herself. Although I personally define anger as the moment when I explode, and it’s really hard for me to reach that point, you would have to really push me for a long time, in all other cases I would just cool down pretty fast. And the things that push me towards anger is when people
b) Shame
Honestly I would say I feel no shame, although I feel ashamed about some things I did or said in the past, things I consider now to be really dumb.
c) Fear
I don’t fear much in life, most of my fears come from the fear of failure. As I am always doubting and second guessing myself even though I usually get complimented on my work. An example: At the end of my high school, we got to have driving lessons and an exam for free. So I took it, I got the worst possible driving instructor in the school, when I say worst I mean he was the most rigorous and critical of the driving, after four days of driving with him he said “Wow, you are really talented in driving a car”, while inside I always had a piece of fear that I might do something wrong as driving requires a lot of awareness.
d) Love/passion
The only thing I am really passioned about in life is acquiring knowledge. If I could pick a super power I would like to be omniscient.
e) Conflict
Generally I try to avoid it as much as I can, even when I could destroy someone with arguments, when I see that someone is clearly wrong. I kind of don’t like to get into fights or heated arguments, and just let it slide, although it depends highly on how important this person is to me. The more important, the more I tend to argue. Although sometimes I also can’t keep my mouth shut. xD

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Not really sure if I understand this question, but I have been born in a poor-to-middle class family in a third world country. I mean I went to school, I had clothes, food on the table and roof over my head, but that was it. Other than than life was pretty difficult. I’ll just stop here, believe me that it was so difficult that even now I always have a feeling like I am at all times pulling a huge boulder behind me to achieve bare minimum in terms of “normal” life, and I still haven’t. If someone wants me to elaborate I will, but it’s a long story.

Second thing is while growing up somewhere when I was third grate of elementary school, my uncle gifted me a computer (he lived in Austria so yeah he could afford it). Back then computers were rarity in my town, and I was one of the first people who had it. He thought me some basic things, and how to install an operating system on a computer (This was still age of DOS, Win 3.11 and Win 95 just came out). From that moment on I experimented a lot with computers, and knew so much about computers, that in a year or two after that, when people started getting computers they would call me to fix it for them if they had any problems, but my glory days stopped there, as I didn’t have internet until I was 23, and my parents didn’t at all push me into that direction, to do something with computers, they simply didn’t know anyone who was a programmer or did anything related to IT. If you knew me personally you would probably hear me say how I would love to do something with computers over the years, but yeah I grew up in such environment where I couldn’t develop that skill, and when it stagnated I switched interests completely, and by the age of 23 I wasn’t even considering it. This was my biggest fail in life, in my opinion.

8) Answer only one of the following:

a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I work in a cement factory as a crane operator. I didn’t really choose this, my father worked in this factory for ~35 years and as he had a lot of connections, he got me a job on some beginner position, where later I was promoted to be a crane operator. The job is ok, work hours are ok, job isn’t difficult, it pays well, but it’s repetitive and boring most of the time and it’s difficult to use your vacation days when you want, so I can’t really plan anything. If I could change it, I would, immediately, without thinking. And I am currently learning about computer programming, networking, Cyber Security, in my free time. So the current position isn’t so bad as everything in the factory is controlled through computers, so I might get some better position as a systems engineer or just an operator (The one that has an overview of the factory machines and controls everything), but even this looks a bit boring, as on most days everything is running smoothly and you just have to sit in front of the computer and watch the screen.
So, ideally, I would like to work as an, penetration tester, ethical hacker, computer programmer, system/network administrator, basically anything computer related where you actively have new tasks and new challenges, new problems.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Mostly on things they say, and the quality of the content, rather on how they look. And it depends for what purpose am I meeting this person. Sure when you meet someone new you have to see them with your eyes, but my generally judgment wouldn’t fall onto looks. If I am considering this person for a relationship then some judgment would fall onto how this person takes care of herself rather than the generally beauty. For friendship purposes I would usually consider the quality of the things they say, and if we can find some common ground in interests, we don’t have to match interests, but we should be able to discuss things openly without it turning into a heated argument, or name calling.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Honestly I rarely think about humanity as a whole, and I would rarely generalize all people, when I talk about people I look at individuals, and then grouping of the particular individuals, and then discuss that.
Some of the biggest problems human race faces is the things they have control over, but still decide to ignore it. Some problems that fall to mind are (Not in immediate future though, although this is also relative) overpopulation, global warming, creating more waste than we can get rid of it, water poisoning, separation in the sense, instead of looking at the ways we could all live together, we look at the ways to separate “us” from “them”, traditions and culture, in the sense instead of keeping them in their own home or trying to be accepting of the new and trying to find compromise, some people try to push it on other people like theirs is somehow better.
You would almost always hear people talk about how we should look for another planet to live on because we are all doomed, like that is going to solve all the problems, I can already imagine it playing out as: A lot of people colonize a planet, and then cut all ties with the Earth, because they can now “restart” whole civilization, and basically create a new cycle of all the things that failed on the Earth multiple times.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Currently my only hobby is watching series and movies. Most of the time I am learning programming, about networking and Cyber Security. Earlier in life my hobby was playing drums (although I was average at best), and composing music, I also played a guitar and a piano for some time too (Not all at the same time, I had to sell one instrument to buy another), but I saw that I was wasting my time and my money on something that wasn’t going to bring me any kind of success even though I enjoyed it a lot, so I decided to quit it, and focus on trying to get my career on the track, and if I manage to do that I will buy my self a piano probably.

My interests lie all over the place. At one time I could be learning about programming in the next I might be learning about archery, medieval ages, medieval aged weaponry, second world war tanks, psychology like MBTI and cognitive functions for example, etc. etc. you get the point. I am the guy who could easily understand some concepts and patterns behind a lot of things, and if I need to replicate it I probably could, I wouldn’t be the best though, but I would have better understanding than a complete novice.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I grew up with people who weren’t into interests and stuff I was into, except my brother, therefore rarely there would be a situation where I would pick activities. But if I could pick an activity it would be playing board games, or video games in multiplayer, basically anything inside xD But if I were invited to hangout, then I would mostly let other person choose the activity, as mostly other people care more about “where?” or “what?”, rather than “with whom?”. If the activities would involve sports of some kind, I would play, but only if it isn’t competitive team play, as then I don’t have to be any good xD

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

At first I wanted to write actions are more important as words without action are just empty words, but after thinking about it, it depends. For example if you are in a relationship with someone and you say to this person “I love you” and don’t do anything to actually show it, then those words are empty, but if you instead showed it through action and didn’t say anything, the words would technically have no additional purpose, but yeah, people are sometimes irrational and well they want to have those words too.

And then again, if two scientists were to share and discuss theories or ideas, well they could connect those ideas and make up something new, consider different angles, views, or simply find flaws in the current theory, idea, or the way of thinking, or looking at things, which they could then improve upon. But then again without putting those theories into action, or better said research and finding data to backup up that theory, it would just stay a theory, whether it is probable or not.

Also I think words have upper hand when making plans, before putting ideas into action or working with an already functioning system as you can consider the negative outcomes and reduce the risk of injury or failure.
15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste

This wouldn’t be much of a curse, as I could eat anything then, as I am very picky about food xD
b) To be immortal
If I were to ignore all negative possibilities, I would like to be immortal, as I could then see how the future would play out, and how would it all end, I am excited just by thinking about this. But yeah then one would think something like “Being immortal doesn’t mean indestructible so if someone were to cut of your head you would live like a head whole eternity”, “Would immortal person still feel thirst and hunger or that he can’t breathe?”, “What if the earth explodes for some reason?”, “What if you drawn with gravity and fall onto a star or some random planet and be there for whole eternity?” you get the point.
c) To lose your memories
If I were the same person, then I wouldn’t care much.
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
As I grew up in poor-to-middle class family I can say that this would be the biggest curse, as the struggle is unbearable. I never could go to a college or university, I always depended on other people for financial help (I hate being dependent on anyone), even now I can’t go to college or university even if I want to, as I have to work in shifts, and attendance is mandatory in my country. I can’t buy myself a house or rent an apartment. Believe me that it’s shitty to grow up in a third world country.
e) Or to never experience passion
I think I would be fine with this as I already feel indifferent about a lot of things in my life, and I have learned to function properly without any “highs” or with “lows” in my life, but then again I might lose interest or drive towards learning new things, or lose the enjoyment in the current interests and I think my life would be pretty boring then.
Elaborate on why!

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
My father. He isn’t a villain of some kind, and he mostly wasn’t a bad father, but he did a lot of bad things anyway like gambling, drinking, adultery. It’s basically like he wants to destroy everything he has worked to build.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
In my life I have been mostly obsessed about interests usually when I find something new like for example recently whole “personality psychology”, an I love it, because it’s an unexplainable thirst for knowledge, and I enjoy every second of it while it lasts, but mostly once it ends I tend to lose complete interest in those things. :p

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
If by organized you mean having a personal timetable and to do list then no I am not organized, although my files on my computer are relatively organized, but I am always improving the way I organize things rather than stick to one way.
My environment is usually tidy, because once I clean I don’t use much of the stuff in my environment. It can get messy at times, usually by not making my bed or not putting clothes in it’s place, also not too messy though, I do clean after a while, usually when someone is to come over.

I do make plans and I tend to stick by them when they depend only on myself, if there are other people involved well I tend to fulfill my end of the plan, and yeah see how it goes with the other people, but I consider myself to be adaptable so if there are some changes being made, then I would adapt to those changes as well.
For example I agree to meet a person at a certain date and time, then I will be there on that date, a bit early (I don’t mind waiting, as usually I can just think about stuff) unless something comes up and I might be late, where I would notify the person that I am going to be late. If the person is late for some reason, I wouldn’t mind until well over half an hour after that, but if the person hasn’t notified me or has left me “hanging” then I would be pretty furious, unless there is some serious reason why this person is late or has decided not to come. If the person says he/she won’t be able to make it at least two hours beforehand then I wouldn’t mind.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

I view comfort as (excluding basic needs like food, water, a place to live etc.) having access to things I want to do, doing things I like, when I want and how much I want, without having a feeling that I am somehow time limited. And that is the way I also create comfort; whenever I am free I do those things.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
I'm getting an INTJ vibe. Are people ever intimidated by you? INTJs often come across as intense, whereas INTPs usually seem more mellow.

Here are some things you said that suggest that you're an INTJ:

'Talk with certainty, that even if the information isn’t correct I would talk like it is.'
Yep. That's more of an INTJ thing.

'Some of the biggest problems the human race faces is the things they have control over, but still decide to ignore it.'
One of my INTJ friends shares this perspective. INTJs can be very passionate about world issues because they notice all the things that society could/should be doing better and it frustrates them immensely.

'Mostly on things they say, and the quality of the content...'
Yep, that's something that INTJs pay close attention to.

'If I were invited to hangout, then I would mostly let other person choose the activity...'
This as well. INTJs can actually be very easygoing in their own way, especially when it comes to hanging out with people. INTJs have a considerate side that's easy to spot when you get to know them.

d4rt4gnan

Enneagram
5w4
I'm getting an INTJ vibe. Are people ever intimidated by you? INTJs often come across as intense, whereas INTPs usually seem more mellow.

Hmm, well...when I was younger one girl told me I looked like a serial killer xD, but she explained because she always saw me walking alone. And I know that apparently a lot of people see me as arrogant and I was completely unaware of this. But honestly, even complete strangers have tendency to talk to me when waiting in line, for example, and I have no idea why, maybe I just have one of those faces, and I usually have a smile on my face when talking to someone, or at least I think I smile xD I tried to make a video of myself recently, and I was unaware of somethings I do, for example through most of the video I had a straight face, in the rest either I smiled or made a dumb face of some kind, as I usually do when recording myself, although note that I rarely make videos of myself.