• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever fall outside the box?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I was in fact to follow my self-typing of ENFP originally - I am far too structured to be any sort of P type by many of the surface level discussions. On the other note, I'm so compassionate about others it is hard for many to see me as an Fi dominant of sorts at all - rather I come off with the Fe warmth.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd perceive myself to fall outside the box of any possible type. MBTI has been hard for me to find. I'm more impulsive and disorganized than your regular xxxJ. I'm not as scattered as a typical xxxP, especially FP. I'm too dumb and focused on looking into things that are atypical to a high Ti user. But if I were a high Fi user, I don't understand my feelings or values enough or very well at all, nor do I particularly let my emotions guide my life. Since I'm so closed off, most people would not see me as cognitively extraverted, though I think I may be.

Even enneagram. I wouldn't be a stereotypical 4, I'm too focused on competition and how I appear compared to others. But I can't be a 3 either, because the mask thing is completely foreign to me, and the type doesn't work well on a technical aspect (triads, disintegration, etc.). The core fears of a 6 or any gut type would be off. Even my variants are kind of funky since I appear to be pretty even on sx and sp.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I: i seek external stimulation all the time, don't like being alone with my thoughts.
N: i am fairly practical and down to earth, i enjoy many sensual pleasures.
F: i am not particularly warm, i can be harsh and objective.
P: i like to have some sense of what i'm doing, and not just go out into the world with zero plan. there are specific areas of life that bring out a detail-oriented, anal retentiveness in me.

4: i hate blatantly pretentious people, i like many aspects of popular and mainstream culture, i am not an artist.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say for me it's my balance on S and N. I mean, technicallly, INFPs have both their perceiving functions in the middle, but still, they are balanced. On one hand, I am big picture and possibility oriented and love playing with ideas as well as noticing patterns all the time, but I am also very exploratory in the sensory realm and am observant and not particularly out of touch of reality(and I realized introspectiveness doesn't equate to the overt daydreaminess associated with Ns). It's interesting, I feel like I have a S-ish attitude to my Ne and an N-ish attitude towards my Si. My Ne wants to embrace all the possibilities in my environment, what's hidden and also not wanting the same routine and also being stirred into curiosity with by the sensory(like noticing a detail in my environment that I need to know more about). My Si, I think about a lot how my past and my present has affected me as a person and what parts are gone and what parts are still lingering. Taking the time to introspect about things that have happen in my life, imagining new scenarios out of situations that have happened before. That confirms my Fi-Si typing in OPS I think, because my Fi and Si have a stronger interaction rather than my Fi and Ne, my Ne is kinda just like, "What's up, you guys?". I guess I fall out of the box with that too, since jumper types are a little more rare(jumping being have a heavier reliance on the tertiary function while your aux function still being your hero). Enneagram wise I don't really fall out of the box, except that it feels like I have no head type sometimes. Swear I have equal IVs at times, though.....

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
Fall outside of the box?
No.
Use the boxes to gain tactical advantage. Yes.
Joking aside interesting thread, I'll come back to it when I can.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an ISTP that ignores Se. That would put me outside of the box. So it makes me appear like several other types depending on the degree of Se in any given enviroment.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For a 9 (or at least the more stereotypical type of 9), anger and frustration are probably the two emotions I am most aware of and connected to. Like yeah, I hide them and if anyone irl asks I'll pretend it doesn't exist, but it's been one of the primary driving forces in generating goals and ambitions in my life. I guess also as someone who borders/could secretly be a triple attachment type, I'm not super palatable as a person and tend to not naturally connect and relate to things (nor have the drive to do so) as others of my type combination.

As for INTP, I think if it weren't for my heavy emphasis on Ti I could easily be or pass as an IxFJ (and more so an ISFJ, I put the x because irl I've been pegged as an INFJ more than once). I seem to be a bit more interested in other's perspectives than the stereotypical INTP as well, since high Ti tends to be a bit more independent/externally averse mentally than I am.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here's another stereotype I break-they say if you're in a debate between 9 and 4, you're an sx 9. I'm an sx blind, and I've had this debate for a long time. Also, might be more introversion in general, but INFPs seem to become extroverts once they hit the internet. Fangirling, carefully crafting their persona, blowing up the group chat. I'm not like that, I used to be like that when I was young and the internet was fresh and exciting to me, but now I'm not. I want to be part of Discord servers, hoping I'll find my people and finding a place to talk about my interests, but I'll always be drawn out. Even in the smaller groups when there's some semblance of being a part of it, it's not enough. I also put a lot of effort into my posts and concern myself with what I put out there, so I can't just blindly write constantly. Using social media is like being a writer, so why shouldn't I be a bit nervous? As a a writer, you need to perfect and tweak your work and you don't want it to go unnoticed. Although, they say that INFPs are writers, so it makes sense that'd they feel so at home on the internet. I do love to write, and that's why I'm here.