• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] [ENFP/INFJ] confusing friendship.. am I annoying this INFJ?

glswnjoh

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hello!

I'm an ENFP gal asking for opinions from INFJs about what you guys think on this friendship i have with an INFJ guy.

So we've been friends for about 2 years now, but last year we were just in the same friend group instead of actually knowing each other well.. So I would say that this summer/last few weeks back at school have been a time where we're getting to know each other more personally. Also, he never really caught my attention before recently. I'm beginning to find him more interesting, just like.. as an individual. A human being. Yknow? Not even in the romantic sense yet. But anyways, yes. One day I messaged him like:

me: "LETS HANG OUT!! I haven't seen you in forever!"

and surprisingly, he responds really enthusiastically:

him: "YEAHH LETS DO IT"

which is so different from his previous responses toward me. In the past, he's always been a little cold/reserved. So i'd ask him to hang out just to bug him, knowing that he'd say no, but still wanting to ask. I would say that our friendship has been me *pushing/prying* in a playful way to get him out of his shell more.

so yeah I was pretty shocked but went along with it. We ended up catching up over brunch. I also took him to the farmers market nearby (because 1. I LOVE little markets like these, and 2. I didn't want to go by myself heh). But I think we had a really good time! We picked out some unique honey, got myself some fresh veggies, and I bought us both aloe plants (they were on sale for $3 each!!!). There was never an awkward moment, and our conversations are always really entertaining.

But I can't help but feel like I'm the only one really enjoying this budding friendship. Like, he's very sweet (on the inside, right? haha), and I don't mind the coldness because i know i can get past it and there's fun in peeling back layers of people (is this an enfp thing?). Still, it kinda hurts to think that maybe
I might just be annoying him..

Sometimes he'll show me affection by saying things like, "i hope we both get the jobs. it'd be SO FUN working together!!" but then I'm kinda taken back like, where did that come from?? :0 So i'd play a little cold too to be funny and say "... not sure if that would be the best :|" just so I don't overwhelm him by saying "YEAH IKR??" Or, he'll offer to cook for me if I mention a dish I saw online that looked really good..

but during that brunch that day, he said something that made me question everything.
Me: "haha i can't believe we're finally hanging out. do you know how long i've waited for you to make time for me?! hahah. Why do you reject meee?~"
him: "Lol.. I'm not rejecting you.. i'm just.. avoiding you.. HAHAH"

So we both laughed about that, but I should've stopped him there in that moment to ask what he meant. and why he was avoiding me.

Idk. Am I annoying him? INFJ's, give me your input please. Would you be annoyed by an ENFP like me? Or what do you think is my friend's thought process? What are you guys like when you're genuinely annoyed? Pls help.