• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you have a spirit animal/totem?

yeghor

I am not talking about any religion or philosophy per say, just something that many people pick up naturally as they go through life. We sometimes find an animal that we resonate with, and admire character traits associated with it that we wish we had in ourselves...or already do.

For example, the wolf is an extremely popular totem people relate to. When I was observing the Therianthropy community many years back. The wolf dominated the the community as the animal most people saw themselves as. Followed by the Fox, Tiger, and Birds of prey.

I've often wondered why people do this peculiar thing. I think humans seek to reattach to nature as we are often trapped in our artificial surroundings, out of touch with our natural selves, and in unhealthy environments. A desire to return to simplicity and escape our overthinking and overcomplicating humanity. Or perhaps its just cool, like astrology.

So if you have any creature you relate to, please share what it is and why you relate to it.

Did not want to create a new thread about this.

I was identifying with the weasel before but a friend of mine told me that I was not aggressive enough to be a weasel.

Later on, I read some spirit animal descriptions on this site and concluded that the Wombat description fits me, in terms of demeanor and living habits.

There's a through list of spirit animal descriptions that can be sifted thru here.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cat. Bursts of energy/creativity balanced with periods of relaxation/energy conservation. Prefer solitude but want to be appreciated and fawned over. You can appreciate or want me but don’t touch me unless I invite touch

Spider. Solitary, slightly agoraphobic. Cautiously exploring

Eagle owl. Observing. Keep to self

yeghor

Cat. Bursts of energy/creativity balanced with periods of relaxation/energy conservation. Prefer solitude but want to be appreciated and fawned over. You can appreciate or want me but don’t touch me unless I invite touch

Spider. Solitary, slightly agoraphobic. Cautiously exploring

Eagle owl. Observing. Keep to self

How about this one?

lynx.jpg

Animal Energy - Lynx

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
28a36cea543e13d4b671a28951194dc7.png

Always felt connected to them ~

yeghor

yeghor

yeghor

What a good question!

When I show up ever second morning for dialysis, I am greeted by, "Good morning Mole", by my nurse, Ming. Then it is Ming and Mole all morning.

So I have become my totem. I am Mole.

"The marsupial mole teaches us how to embrace faith. As one of the few mammals that has evolved in the direction of giving away sight, and one of the fewer that spends its life swimming through the sands blindly, in order to find nourishment, it teaches us that sometimes faith is more important than what we can see and validate.

Marsupial mole teaches us very literally about how not knowing the future, and having faith that all will turn out okay, is sometimes the best path we can take in our lives."

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Seems the raven and crow are very little difference. In any case, this is spot on. Extremely. I tend to be fairly complex and odd to most people and it's hard to explain or understand it feels like and what I'm drawn to, but this helps a lot. Fascinating how spot on it resonates. Thank you ~

Mole

Permabanned
"The marsupial mole teaches us how to embrace faith. As one of the few mammals that has evolved in the direction of giving away sight, and one of the fewer that spends its life swimming through the sands blindly, in order to find nourishment, it teaches us that sometimes faith is more important than what we can see and validate. Marsupial mole teaches us very literally about how not knowing the future, and having faith that all will turn out okay, is sometimes the best path we can take in our lives."

How true!

This Marsupial Mole has a daily spiritual practice called The Cloud of Unknowing.

I never know what I will discover, but I follow my nose, and keep looking.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had two in my life. I consider myself a hybrid of both.

Yes, the wolf is one of mine, even if it's a common one. The story of the good wolf and the bad wolf, and which one you feed, really just speaks to me on multiple levels. There's a lot of meaningful symbolism in this animal to me (my yin/yang wolf necklace being one of them). Wolves seem to symbolize loyalty, protection, and nobility, all of which I relate to and try to have in my life.

The owl is my other "totem." Quiet, mysterious, alone, and thoughtful. I have had a willingness to learn all my life, both in terms of practical and abstract knowledge, as best as I can. Maybe I am not quite wise yet, but mental transformation is indeed important to me. Also, they are such beautiful creatures.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always been attracted to crabs and other shelled creatures. One of the one's I've tended to connect to has been the horseshoe crab. It's sort of vaguely out of place and when you come across them, almost ignoring that you're there, but persevering.

In terms of land and sky animals, I did a "spirit quest" sort of thing when I was younger and apparently connected with a white wolf. I guess in recent years I have also be fairly connected with herons. I can partially relate to the totem description, in that I do lead a very experimental life and tend to be pretty disconnected from the material.

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
I am not talking about any religion or philosophy per say, just something that many people pick up naturally as they go through life. We sometimes find an animal that we resonate with, and admire character traits associated with it that we wish we had in ourselves...or already do.

For example, the wolf is an extremely popular totem people relate to. When I was observing the Therianthropy community many years back. The wolf dominated the the community as the animal most people saw themselves as. Followed by the Fox, Tiger, and Birds of prey.

I've often wondered why people do this peculiar thing. I think humans seek to reattach to nature as we are often trapped in our artificial surroundings, out of touch with our natural selves, and in unhealthy environments. A desire to return to simplicity and escape our overthinking and overcomplicating humanity. Or perhaps its just cool, like astrology.
This is something that I have wondered about as well.
My guess was this happens because as people we are always looking for someone/something to identify/relate to, to make sense of who we are/what we are like and what is our place in the world, but I think there is truth to your perspective as well.
When it comes to animals in particular it seems that we anthropomorphize the animals in the sense that we want to embody certain (human) traits that we ourselves attach to the animals and then by identifying/relating with a particular animal we feel we embody those same traits that supposedly the animal has.
Were I’m from the majority seems to identify with wolfs and lions.
So if you have any creature you relate to, please share what it is and why you relate to it.
It’s hard for me to pick a specific animal, since I love animals in general and it’s a bit hard to discern which ones I just like and which ones I can say I actually relate to…but then…I think I had a moment of synchronicity lol
I read your thread, then had to go to the store. On my way there the idea about a spirit animal was on my mind and the only animal I can think of that keeps reappearing in various ways as a symbol for me is the horse, but again I thought maybe I’m wrong and then… I saw a white horse near by…so I guess I got my answer. :wizfreak:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

My Native American totems are the horse for freedom and the owl for wisdom.