• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Differences between ENFP and ISFJ

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you tell apart the ENFP from the ISFJ? If both have the ability to elude to something creatively, even in the negative form, from both parties. How do you tell, which is which?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A better question might be: what do they have in common? In terms of letters they only share a preference for Feeling, and according to the Grant stack they are on the opposite ends of Si/Ne, with one's dominant being the other's inferior. Of course it would be possible for someone to have qualities of both types, but if you're trying to decide whether they're one or the other, I'd suggest perhaps considering a different type entirely (ENFJ, ISFP, etc).

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A better question might be: what do they have in common? In terms of letters they only share a preference for Feeling, and according to the Grant stack they are on the opposite ends of Si/Ne, with one's dominant being the other's inferior. Of course it would be possible for someone to have qualities of both types, but if you're trying to decide whether they're one or the other, I'd suggest perhaps considering a different type entirely (ENFJ, ISFP, etc).

Almost, you were on the right path when you pointed out opposite ends of the Ne/Si vs Si/Ne spectrum. The point of this thread is, how do you know, when then person is using their Ne function, which type they are? Because both are now utilising Ne.

Let me give an example

It seems that when inferior Sensing focuses on a single fact, dormant dominant Extraverted Intuition intrudes and generalizes it. Because their Extraverted Intuition is not function in its usual well-developed way, ENTPs and ENFPs cannot recognize the fact in question as one possibility among many. No perspective exists for the person beyond the one fact. Extraverted Intuitive types in this state report being unable to respond to alternatives presented to them by others. The present fact -- be it pain, depression, or whatever occupies the central focus at that moment -- is projected into forever.

That generalizing thing is, what I typically see of black/white thinking happening in Ne types. :dry: Ok, I mean not well developed Ne dominant types.

An ENTP described becoming outraged by minor errors, irritated by detail, intolerant of interruptions and people interruptions and people -- "the very things I usually welcome." Another told of feeling overwhelmed and out of control, being unable to sort out priorities, and thus becoming inflexible.