• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Decision making?

devilsradio

Do you usually know what the best decision is but still make the 'less logical' one well aware of it? I know I do with certain things. I think it might be out of laziness and just being kind of impulsive in general.

For example my mom would buy food and there would be an unopened bag/pack of something and I'll feel like eating some but knowing if she was gonna use it for something I might get in trouble for opening it then I think about calling her at work to ask so I can save myself the trouble but I get too lazy to do that lol. It either results in her being pissed off if she actually was saving it for something or her not caring/noticing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes, in most cases this was just in order to make somone happy or none unhappy. I grew up surrounded with feelers and therefore I realized that it is perhaps bettter no to alienate myself too much instead of having perfect logical/structured decision all the time, even if this was "braking my heart".

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes I do. But to me, there I see possibilities of like, all decisions I can make, then choose the best one that fits. In terms of people, I try to go for the one that results in the least conflict. But heck, if its food, then sometimes I wanted to eat them too :D :wubbie:

People are about feelings. I try to look at it that way. But if I do open foods without permission, not something my parents like neither. If its open and I eat too much of it, hm, :unsure: . If theres food I can eat a lot lol.

jfh06dd

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w9
Yeah I tend to overthink alot too but as I have gotten older and worked for a while I believe I have become more comfortable being assertive.

aliem

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I actually go to lengths to NOT make a decision at all. I hate making decisions. I'm very indecisive.