• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Communication: What is your communication style?

Lib

Permabanned
Yeah, I said that but you seem to disagree with that, so what I said probably isn't objective, wouldn't you say?
For one, the lack of objectivity of your statement is an objective truth :D

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP

Where does the unconscious actually come from? It's a problem that science simply ignores which it should be the very thing that they look at.

I'll start there and see how receptive you are. If you're not, then I was right and this conversation now ends here.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my experience, cognitive empathy is just as good as any other sort and may be even better, at least in terms of motivating practical action as it allows you to keep enough distance on the situation to make a more sound decision on what to do. Your communication isn't that bad, really. I would recommend keeping a tighter focus on your purpose in the communication, to make sure what you say doesn't inadvertently undercut it. Remember too that brevity is the soul of wit.

My problem is kinda the vice versa. Its because I am so removed from things, I am having issues with everything but practical uses. Its the emotional stuff I want to get better at communicating.

I do agree I lack focus, and tend to go off on tangents a lot.

Lib

Permabanned
Where does the unconscious actually come from? It's a problem that science simply ignores which it should be the very thing that they look at.

I'll start there and see how receptive you are. If you're not, then I was right and this conversation now ends here.
Oh dear, thank you so much for your patience

The unconsciousness comes from the same place as consciousness - the brain. Only it's larger processing power and 'knows' many things that our consciousness can't have direct access to. They are both logical, therefore objective, but the information that gets there is limited, so we can't see the whole, but only a fraction of it. This doesn't mean that we can't deduce the whole objective truth.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh dear, thank you so much for your patience

The unconsciousness comes from the same place as consciousness - the brain. Only it's larger processing power and 'knows' many things that our consciousness can't have direct access to. They are both logical, therefore objective, but the information that gets there is limited, so we can't see the whole, but only a fraction of it. This doesn't mean that we can't deduce the whole objective truth.

Right, I don't think the unconscious comes from the brain, hence why you cannot understand.