• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beyond the 8th function

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
For a perfect example; like religion will speak of “God's Plan” regarding whatever happens in life, and that we from that are supposed to have a “good attitude” toward what we suffer; and to me, a “big picture” will emerge that whatever bad thing that happens is “justified” (God's “divine stamp” placed on it, even if they argue He cares, “suffers with you”, will punish any people responsible for the suffering, etc.), and ultimately, that this philosophy is just a tool (a corruption of theology) to pacify the masses.

I think there's a lot of truth to that idea, though.

Events certainly connect to each other in a way clearly driven by some form of consciousness; if you believe in God, it's apparent that this implies that His Will is guiding all.

Now, my experience is as such: throughout troubled times, I read the Bible, and from what it said, I became less troubled.

Why? Because I learnt that all is set right in the end. I learnt that I needn't have fear. I learnt that trials are something that must happen.

As such, I cultivated within myself a sense of peace; my anxieties, my anger at the world, were greatly lessened.

Did this get me out of trouble? No, but I have faith that it is the pathway out of it; it gives me the patience to bear persecution.

I am strengthened by this wisdom; I know that there is nothing to fear, and I progress onwards.

The spiritual journey is lifelong, the call is ongoing, and one grows daily, one learns, suffers, and finds peace.

The doors are open to anyone who wishes to enter; the way to view life through a higher lens, available to all.

One finds a light to guide their path - a way to live by the truth, and not be taken aback by falsehood.

Life becomes wonderful; the game is truly and completely changed; what one thought to be is not, and what one thought not is.

It is through embracing the light that one is able to see; without the light one is truly in darkness.

And I tell you, truly, this is a light like no other.

What can compare with God?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool

Events certainly connect to each other in a way clearly driven by some form of consciousness; if you believe in God, it's apparent that this implies that His Will is guiding all.

Now, my experience is as such: throughout troubled times, I read the Bible, and from what it said, I became less troubled.

Why? Because I learnt that all is set right in the end. I learnt that I needn't have fear. I learnt that trials are something that must happen.

As such, I cultivated within myself a sense of peace; my anxieties, my anger at the world, were greatly lessened.

Did this get me out of trouble? No, but I have faith that it is the pathway out of it; it gives me the patience to bear persecution.

I am strengthened by this wisdom; I know that there is nothing to fear, and I progress onwards.

The spiritual journey is lifelong, the call is ongoing, and one grows daily, one learns, suffers, and finds peace.

The doors are open to anyone who wishes to enter; the way to view life through a higher lens, available to all.

One finds a light to guide their path - a way to live by the truth, and not be taken aback by falsehood.

Life becomes wonderful; the game is truly and completely changed; what one thought to be is not, and what one thought not is.

It is through embracing the light that one is able to see; without the light one is truly in darkness.

Actually you are saying the same of what he criticized , Most Intp are gonna think the same way and from a very young age.
Ti is gonna descart it almost the same instant 'cause is not probable ( there is alot of logical contradictions (historical , social , science , ect ).

Of course nothing is black and white , Mature types get a balance about that and try to apply solutions to the real world.
Of couse if we get very Intp'ish , All yours arguments are false 'cause you use a primitive way of thinking : The "Heroe myth" where the human can become closer to god and we are the center of the universe ( Not literal ).

I guess is pretty normal for intp think that if there is a god ... He doesn't care about humanity and he sees us as just ant ... xDDD.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I guess this is getting off topic, but some thoughts I had that touch on this are here: https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ty-religion-ti-perspective-6.html#post3087722 What I struggle with is the more "practical" application, of "Did this get me out of trouble? No". I wish the "peace" was as concrete as the trouble itself.
To connect back to the topic, perhaps the "transcendent function" is what would help with that, but that itself is apparently very elusive.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I guess this is getting off topic, but some thoughts I had that touch on this are here: https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ty-religion-ti-perspective-6.html#post3087722 What I struggle with is the more "practical" application, of "Did this get me out of trouble? No". I wish the "peace" was as concrete as the trouble itself.
To connect back to the topic, perhaps the "transcendent function" is what would help with that, but that itself is apparently very elusive.

That "transcendent function" is very interesting , For Intp what is that funtion?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the union of all opposites, so it would be the same for everyone.