• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are People Doing The Best they can?

Are People in general doing the best they can?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you think people are getting exercise with this Pokemon Go thing? Also, are they getting out and meeting people in their community? So sort of networking?

To be fair I feel like till the game fixes its tendency to have pokemon pop up in the middle of the street the exercise benefits will be counterbalanced by the people getting hit by cars or into car accidents.

That might be fixable though. And I'd be for the game either way. XD

Anyway, as to the broader point, this exchange actually made the issue clearer for me, and the answer overall is a no. If you look at any one social issue you can generally find room for improvement.

In terms of individual achievement and actions, the answer is obviously "depends on the person" and always will be. You can't just say all humanity is equally hard-working, equally generous, and so on.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, how dare people find enjoyment in anything and have some harmless fun instead of spending 100% of their time focused on politics. I hate that shit.

Stop twisting their words. Don't be daft. You know what they meant. People don't have their priorities straight and are oblivious or just apathetic to the global state of affairs. We're in our little consumer bubble.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, how dare people find enjoyment in anything and have some harmless fun instead of spending 100% of their time focused on politics. I hate that shit.

I am pretty sure the pokemon go crowd is creating unity and fun not burning the world down like others. Maybe others should learn from them

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Stop twisting their words. Don't be daft. You know what they meant. People don't have their priorities straight and are oblivious or just apathetic to the global state of affairs. We're in our little consumer bubble.

Once again. Playing the game and caring about those issues are not mutually exclusive.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's amusing that criticizing Pokemon Go really struck a nerve around here.
There are a lot of annoying people in this world, so if someone blows off steam about one of them, it doesn't seem like such an offense. Pointing out hypocrisy that posting online is the same as obsession with Pokemon Go may or may not be valid. It has to do with whether internet and games are enjoyed or if they become a complete obsession that takes over a person's life. Just using those things isn't a measure of which is occurring.

Lord knows I've never stopped people being obsessed with video games during my life, and perhaps it is better if all of humanity goes to their room instead of interacting and hurting each other.

I'm glad there are some people all fired up and idealistic to help the world like [MENTION=6877]Thalassa[/MENTION]. It's true that humanity has become a big bag of mindless couch potatoes (obviously not everyone, but kinda true). If I had to guess from the description, that Pokemon slob is probably annoying, but he also sounds like a lot of people online. :harhar: Just don't criticize people for living in their mother's basement and playing WOW all day. All hell will break loose.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wasn't referring to the scumbags who litter but rather the people whose job it is to pick up trash.

I approve of your fault-finding and holding society to a higher standard, but also believe in viewing a person as a whole complex system that I might not entirely understand.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I might respond to some of these quotes later, but you need to understand what I said is indeed half-true...and the other very silly, talking about zombie apocalypse and changing my avatar to a cat with a pitchfork.

A lot of people think Pokémon Go is wasteful and a poor usage of adult time, particularly since so many people are obsessed, Google has been caught stealing your info, we are in the middle of a national crisis, and articles gave already been written about morons wandering out at night, wasting their lunch breaks, and generally just being more wrapped up in Pokémon Go than reality. Seriously if you're going to be that obsessed, make it something that is edifying or fruitful. It's just seems kind of like the WoW thing, which I already thought was pathetic. You're not going to learn anything permanent from Pokémon Go, unless you're a child. It's not like reading, listening to music, volunteering, or even arguing about politics. You're just going to walk into strangers capturing imaginary creatures in public places. ..yay? Whatever.

I hope you don't expect people to become little Thalassas overnight. Pokemon Go might be progress. I will continue to monitor the effects of it.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's just a bunk question, imo. There is no 'best'. It's an attempt to freeze something constantly unfolding, an attempt to quantify what is unquantifiable. People are doing the 'best' that they know how to do, given the limitless factors that contribute to their particular trajectory. And yet It has become increasingly apparent to me that the vast majority of people (emphasis on myself) are in fact, living at a level that is significantly below 'true' capacity. The question for me has always been, why the veil? Why the amnesia? What is the purpose/value of duality? When I take these questions as far down as possible, I conclude that not one of us deviate from path, we are always, always, exactly where we need and should be. Perfectly ordered mechanism.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always do the best I can having some wonderful rest in my bath :smoke:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's complicated, but for the most part, no. Doing your best requires expending a great deal of effort, and most people would rather take the path of least resistance most of the time. However, it's not always possible to tell how hard another person is trying because you don't always know what their struggles are.

KitchenFly

People are in general doing the best they can for there level of understanding.

In fact people do far less than that which they are portentously capable of doing.

It seems no person is capable of doing that which is required in order to be a liberated human being.

Do what you think you can..