• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is it, the Biden will win the nomination.

The upcoming Florida and Georgia are hundreds of delegates of pure Biden, Ohio and Arizona will go his way by large margin. Every other relevant candidate sided with Biden. Super-delegates are for Biden. Plus those that should vote for Bernie aren't showing up.

However Biden probably can't really win GE without Bernie's movement. Therefore some kind of a compromise on policy will need to be found. 2020 will probably be determined by what Biden and Bernie do now.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some thoughts:

-Shitty thing is the votes in California are still not totally counted. So I'm not sure if the delegate count we're seeing is even fully or accurately accounting for California.

-Fuck these lazy millennials and zoomers. They'll go pack an arena for a rally but can't be bothered to actually get to the polls.

-I do wish the media wouldn't call these things before all precincts have reported in. Sometimes voting is still in process, but when they call these things, some of the people who were planning to vote late in the day likely just end up staying home, whether it's called for their candidate or someone else.

-Also, older retirees (who are likely Biden supporters) will tend to go early in the morning to vote, whereas the younger people with jobs (more likely Sanders supporters) will tend to vote in the evening, after work. One more reason election days should be national holidays where only essential personnel report to work, and also why networks need to wait until all precincts have reported before calling elections.

-Biden will win the nomination, but I'm glad Sanders and the progressives are making him work and suffer to get it. I hope Sanders fights to the end and makes Biden continue working to get it, like Jesse Jackson made Mondale work for it back in 1984, and later made Dukakis work for it in 1988. No one deserves to just coast into the nomination. Especially those entitled moderates who feel it's "their turn"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, this may be the first election in which I don't vote at all. I don't care if people blame me for this if Biden loses. It's all a sham and oligarchs have been deciding real policy for decades now, regardless of who wins the elections. Democracy died a while ago in this country. What's left of the election process is a show designed to keep 24 hour news channels' ratings up.

The planet is slowly turning into a lifeless desert anyway, and we're probably past the point of reversing that change. In the long run, none of this will matter, except to the alien archeologists who find our remains and our crumbling infrastructures buried under sand in a few millennia. Our species will be a cautionary tale for others in the universe. So I suppose something good comes out of our inevitable demise.

This is probably the last time I'll post in this thread, though a couple of you are probably thrilled by that prospect. So, good for you, enjoy the show this year. Enjoy the ride. Lucky for you, you're probably old enough that you won't have to experience the real shit hitting the fan in a decade or two or three. The party is winding down, the keg is nearly dry and the liquor stores closed at midnight, but you'll be passed out on the couch before the hangover tomorrow.

Adieu.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My state chose Biden apparently. I heard there was a lower voter turnout, likely due to coronavirus fear.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We can all agree Zoomers are the worst demographic right?

Anyone who thought Biden hsd a chance at Trump, is smoking the peace pipe. Sanders was legit his only threat. Blame the DNC. Not Trump.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyway, this may be the first election in which I don't vote at all. I don't care if people blame me for this if Biden loses. It's all a sham and oligarchs have been deciding real policy for decades now, regardless of who wins the elections. Democracy died a while ago in this country. What's left of the election process is a show designed to keep 24 hour news channels' ratings up.

The planet is slowly turning into a lifeless desert anyway, and we're probably past the point of reversing that change. In the long run, none of this will matter, except to the alien archeologists who find our remains and our crumbling infrastructures buried under sand in a few millennia. Our species will be a cautionary tale for others in the universe. So I suppose something good comes out of our inevitable demise.

This is probably the last time I'll post in this thread, though a couple of you are probably thrilled by that prospect. So, good for you, enjoy the show this year. Enjoy the ride. Lucky for you, you're probably old enough that you won't have to experience the real shit hitting the fan in a decade or two or three. The party is winding down, the keg is nearly dry and the liquor stores closed at midnight, but you'll be passed out on the couch before the hangover tomorrow.

Adieu.

I was in a similarly despondent frame of mind, and took almost the exact same course of action when Romney got the nomination over my lord and savior Ron Paul.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was in a similarly despondent frame of mind, and took almost the exact same course of action when Romney got the nomination over my lord and savior Ron Paul.

I don’t agree with everything Ron Paul stood for but I think the GOP needs far more like him in their ranks. At least he has principles.

He did feel like a conservative Nader or Sanders.

Jaguar

my lord and savior Ron Paul.

Yeah, he's a real "get shit done" kind of guy:

Ron Paul Position said:
Rescind the Bin Laden Raid: Instead of authorizing the Navy Seals to take him out, 'President Paul' would have sought Pakistan’s cooperation to arrest him.

Maybe he dreamed of playing Backgammon with him in prison.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That debate was a joke. A mockery of democracy.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mary Anne Marsh: In Biden-Sanders debate, solutions win and revolution loses | Fox News

This Fox News op-ed is a joke. I think this author must have watched a different debate than what I watched last night.

she writes about Sanders' answer to the first question about COVID19: "In contrast, Sanders missed the mark by relying on his stump speech about a revolution to change health care and other important aspects of American society."

Yet his response when asked about the coronavirus was very specific (starting at 1:59):

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Illinois has apparently already voted, so at least they don’t have to delay their primary XD

BssEdrk.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, “come on, give me a break” isn’t really a strong response in a debate.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeap, Bernie is probably done. He is about 300 delegates behind and that will probably only increase over time. Since nowhere he has over half of support at the time.

Therefore it is Biden vs. Trump unless wild cards come into play (corona virus, heart attacks, .... etc)