• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Jaguar

No, by mischaracterizing what happened.

"Mischaracterizing what happened" is not a definition of sexism. This is: Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
Considering I call both Trump and Warren whiny-assed bitches on a regular basis, your accusation is misplaced. But then let's just cut the shit since your accusation is really coming from a place of you being personally miffed, merely because my view of Warren doesn't square with your own. Nothing more. If you have a problem with me thinking she can't control herself, I don't give a shit.

Jaguar

24 hour news cycles gave us OJ, which give us Fox News. There would be no Fox News without CNN.

Nor do I feel like the quality of the reporting on cable news makes it worth the 24 hours. Most of the time, they just repeat the same few stories, and these tend to consist of only the most trivial and superficial aspects of American politics along with some big crime or disaster stories (which we would know about anyway).

I'm not even covering the vast amount of time devoted to video op-eds. I can get through life fine without knowing the brain droppings of pundits.

Cable news is part of the problem. Unless, I suppose, you have investments in it. Then, I guess, it makes sense to love it.

Your bias, negativity, and generally paranoid communications—as a whole—are insidious.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your bias, negativity, and generally paranoid communications—as a whole—are insidious.

Thank you!

Although I'm sorry if I bum you out, man. Go watch the West Wing or something, and then maybe you'll feel better.

Jaguar

Political parties suck but I'm not really sure what alternative you'd prefer.

A comprehensive overhaul and diluting of the two-party system to the point where the words "us" and "them" wouldn't even be applicable in U.S. politics. It's counterproductive. Frankly, I think different types of people would be enticed to throw their hat in the ring, were they able to see a USA that didn't resemble two feuding families in the mafia.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A comprehensive overhaul and diluting of the two-party system to the point where the words "us" and "them" wouldn't even be applicable in U.S. politics. It's counterproductive. Frankly, I think different types of people would be enticed to throw their hat in the ring, were they able to see a USA that didn't resemble two feuding families in the mafia.

This is a paranoid bummer, man.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Been reading your own posts again, I see. ;)

I'm quite used to being called negative when I say what I really think. It's always been perplexing to me how people seem to think of the simple acknowledgment of the fact that a viewpoint is "negative" as a refutation. Usually they are unable to provide any information, reasons, or logic as to why my interpretation is incorrect.

Jaguar

I'm quite used to being called negative when I say what I really think.

giphy.gif

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well yeah, it's why I advocate a multiparty system with lots of small, constantly evolving parties. They'd naturally form coalitions to win elections and govern, but none of these parties would be the archaic behemoths beholden to corporate interests like we currently have. Ideally.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well yeah, it's why I advocate a multiparty system with lots of small, constantly evolving parties. They'd naturally form coalitions to win elections and govern, but none of these parties would be the archaic behemoths beholden to corporate interests like we currently have. Ideally.

The corporate interests have the right to dominate politics because they work hard, Ed. Why do you want to take that away from them? U jealous bro?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thinking About The Democratic Primary ❧ Current Affairs

A useful analysis of the differences between Sanders and Warren.

I rather like Warren's foreign policy pitch, or at least the one she gave when she first announced her run (assuming she'll flip flop a bit in the event she's nominee and gets heat from the dem base on it). I like her past stance on banking reform, wanting to avert the lax regulations that led to the last financial crash. I just don't like her and the whole fake concerned grandma guidance counselor act she puts on, etc.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious she's hoping for a VP nod, which ain;t gonna happen if Biden is nominee. He'll choose someone younger.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nobody liked her and could commit to backing her, especially when someone had the nerve to run against her in the primaries. Lot of bad blood there. Not sure I can take anything she says about Bernie without a grain of salt.

Also funny how she's still incapable of admitting she herself played any part in her demise in 2016. I really wish she'd just retire and go write some books, do some speaking events, or whatever aging has-been statespeople do in their twilight years.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also funny how she's still incapable of admitting she herself played any part in her demise in 2016. I really wish she'd just retire and go write some books, do some speaking events, or whatever aging has-been statespeople do in their twilight years.

Of course she can't do that. Because she sucks.