• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type help, please?

Rouskyrie

I found these Mbti quiz questions and was hoping that I could get some opinions on what my type may be? Please and thank you. (Feel free to ask any questions as needed.)

0) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I wouldn't say that there are any factors that may influence the way I answer these questions. I'm a guy, 19 years old and my state of mind is, at the moment, tranquil. (Also, I'm not sure this matters, but in case they may shed some insight, I'm a Pisces and my enneagram tritype/trifix is 9w1, 2w1, 5w6.)

1)Click on this link: Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. Flickr: Page Not Found

I feel as if the area is tranquil, free from conflict and ideal. If I were to be there, I'd likely take some friends along with me to share the experience with.

2)You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would be foremost worried about how we were going to get the car started again, so that we don't arrive late to the concert. I would then ask if anyone knew anything about cars. (If I were to actually go to a concert, I would attempt to bring along a friend who knew how to assist in such a situation.) If none of them knew, I would look around, hesitate a little, then attempt to make a phone call. Our location would possibly ensure no reception could be found, so I'd then attempt to find someone to help. (Which, if I were to actually go to a concert, I would attempt to bring along a friend who knew how to assist in such a situation.)

3) You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't be too excited at the idea of a party, but I would be okay with it. I would then begin to make arrangements for a hotel stay for the night, in the event that the driver failed to keep their word. However, I would trust their word until I had reason not to.

4) On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would become curious as to why they made the aforementioned claim. I would ask questions regarding it, in an attempt to further understand it. I would not attempt to argue, even if it clashed with my beliefs because I strongly dislike conflict. However, if the claim caused an argument with another of the passengers, I would likely try to help them reach a compromise.

5)What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Unless it was something that negatively impacted others, I would not take action.

6)What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Harmony, tolerance, fairness. I developed these values during my childhood in response to my home environment in which racism and degradation were common. My other values are values that can change based on the situation in order to appease others. The only time I've openly defended my beliefs was for a debate in my speech class in which I debated why racism should not be tolerated in modern society.

7) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
I'm not so sure that anything really distinguishes me from anyone else. I like to think of myself as an ordinary person who wants to fit in, but for whatever reason cannot. I would not change anything about my personality, because I've come to accept myself for who I am, but it wasn't always easy.

8)How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I tend to trust hunches and gut feelings. My gut feelings are most often triggered in situations in which someone is speaking their mind, in which I can "feel" if someone is being honest or dishonest.

9) a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Activities that involve helping people. In my experience, conflictual situations tend to drain me the most because they are unsettling.

10) What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why? Insecurities, any childish emotions or indignation.

I don't normally repress anything about my outward behavior when I'm around others.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have a lot of Fe carousing in your post, and you are always talking about your friends and other people instead of yourself. Despite this, you do not strike me as an extrovert since you tend to feel drained by conflict; something I've noticed in extroverts is that either they thrive on debates and conflicts, or they try not to let it get to them too much and can go on to do other things. Introverts, in contrast, tend to shy away from it, and this is especially true for I-F types who tend to say that conflicts can literally ruin their entire day. Because you use Fe, I'm going to toss INFP and ISFP labels out the window for you. Your naturally worrisome nature strikes me as inferior Ne, so perhaps ISFJ may be your type, but I am not completely sure.

When you are stressed, which of the two sounds more like you:
  • You indulge yourself in hedonistic-like behaviors such as binge eating, careless sexual activity, masturbating frequently, zoning out to trash TV all day long, Netflix binging, drinking alcohol irresponsibly, etc.
  • You start thinking of catastrophic events, becoming increasingly paranoid and anxious, thinking of the absolute worst in people and in events, and have had people telling you "You've been watching too many movies, chill out, nothing bad is going to happen!"

Rouskyrie

I would say that the first statement, "You indulge yourself in hedonistic-like behaviors such as binge eating, careless sexual activity, masturbating frequently, zoning out to trash TV all day long, Netflix binging, drinking alcohol irresponsibly, etc." sounds more like me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
INFJ

Good at imagining scenarios, trusting hunches, curious regarding differing opinions

Polite, aim to help people, focus on harmony

Focus on planning

Consistent with Enneagram

I would perhaps justify the introversion by saying that your statements tend to start with your own thoughts on the matter, and then turn to inquiring of others, suggesting Ni being the leading process, and Fe following it.

Rouskyrie

INFJ

Good at imagining scenarios, trusting hunches, curious regarding differing opinions

Polite, aim to help people, focus on harmony

Focus on planning

Consistent with Enneagram

I would perhaps justify the introversion by saying that your statements tend to start with your own thoughts on the matter, and then turn to inquiring of others, suggesting Ni being the leading process, and Fe following it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Legion. (Thank you, as well, theforsaken. My apologies for not thanking you earlier.)

Your INFJ conclusion is the first I've heard since I posted this same thing on Personalitycafe, (No replies as to that one yet) and Reddit. The user I spoke with on Reddit seemed rather convinced that I was a dominant Si user who was so comfortable with the function that I couldn't recognize it in myself and instead focused on the other functions, (Which supposedly seemed just as well developed). But I can't see the Si dominant function in myself. Fe, I can see, though. Then again, that's just me and I tend to be better at analyzing others than myself. Opinion?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Legion. (Thank you, as well, theforsaken. My apologies for not thanking you earlier.)

Your INFJ conclusion is the first I've heard since I posted this same thing on Personalitycafe, (No replies as to that one yet) and Reddit. The user I spoke with on Reddit seemed rather convinced that I was a dominant Si user who was so comfortable with the function that I couldn't recognize it in myself and instead focused on the other functions, (Which supposedly seemed just as well developed). But I can't see the Si dominant function in myself. Fe, I can see, though. Then again, that's just me and I tend to be better at analyzing others than myself. Opinion?

Two thank yous, and an apology for a delayed thank you in the opening line; definite Fe. :p

Why would you be dominant Si? What are they saying is Si about you?

Rouskyrie

Two thank yous, and an apology for a delayed thank you in the opening line; definite Fe. :p

Why would you be dominant Si? What are they saying is Si about you?

Allow me to provide you with the context:

(missCeLanyUs) - "I am leaning towards ESFJ or ISFJ.
very strong Fe. This is obvious.
J because they have a tendency to show initiative, for example in the car break down. This is due to a "protective" nature of SJs.
S because your reaction is to defer to someone else's expertise, not really your own, not sure if this falls under Si or Se.
you make plans in case your friends aren't trustworthy, again very strong SJ vibe coming from here.
I'm leaning towards ISFJ, but ESFJ is certainly an option too."

(My reply) - "Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Whenever I take a cognitive functions test, I seem to score surprisingly low on both Se and Si. Much lower on Se, though.
Take my last result for example:
Extroverted Sensing (Se) - (10.1) Unused.
Introverted Sensing (Si) - (10.1) Unused.
Extroverted Intuiting (Ne) - (38.6) Excellent use.
Introverted Intuiting (Ni) - (56.9) Excellent use.
Extroverted Thinking (Te) - (21.2) Limited use.
Introverted Thinking (Ti) - (23.5) Limited use.
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) - (56.7) Excellent use.
Introverted Feeling (Fi) - (28.3) Average use."

(missCeLanyUs) - "That's very interesting. I'll have to look into these tests, would you mind sending me a link?
Now I could be wrong but my immediate thought is your leading function may not be used "typically" . For example I'm and ENFJ and you wouldn't really recognize my use of Fe because it's my most comfortable function. Most people think I work very logically but realistically I use logic a lot because I find subjective arguments difficult to control. Truthfully I work to maintain control of the emotional environment and objective information is incredibly useful much of the time. I didn't even realize until I was typed that I was essentially manipulating the atmosphere. Try detecting that on a test!
The reason I think you're not N is because most Ns don't worry about the present. Most N's I know consider the present a passing phase, a story or a moment in time. While NJ would take control of the car situation much like you did, they would not book a hotel for the after party, just in case. They might consider it if someone else brought it up, but you, with strong Si, know that parties usually lead to drinking and people can be unreliable, so you went ahead and accounted for it."

(My reply) - "I can definitely see where you're coming from and I sincerely appreciate your feedback.
Although, for whatever reason, I don't feel that I use Si. It could be failure to spot it within myself and my behavior, but I'm not sure.
Do you perhaps have any follow up questions that I could answer to further your understanding of my behavior?"

(missCeLanyUs) - "Thanks! I guess I'm curious as to your understanding of Si or N and how you feel you fit those functions. I'm curious how our interpretations differ."

(My reply) - "No problem! To my understanding, Si is essentially concerned with drawing from past experience and comparing that experience with present situations. It also seems to be rather detail oriented.
Where as Ni, to my understanding, is concerned with looking past the surface to determine underlying connections. I have also read that it functions in a process of taking in information to have it manifest as an "Aha!" type moment.
(I tend to see the big picture and struggle with the details, which to my understanding leans closer to N.)"

(missCeLanyUs) - "I think we have the same understanding but I'm seeing things a little differently from you. I can tell your Fe is strong, you're using it with me right now the same way I use it with you, expressing the validity of each others answers to avoid conflict.
With Ne being the fourth or aspirational function of the ISFJ, you'd be very aware of it and strive to achieve the bigger picture, but may not necessarily feel in control of it. I do believe you see the bigger picture, with the way you handle conflict, but what makes me think you use Si very strongly is your hesitation to move into new situations.
In the car breaking down example you stress repeatedly that you would prefer to be accompanied by someone who already knew how to handle situations such as a car breaking down. You also seem to hesitate that you would ever go to a concert, showing you're not comfortable. I believe the lack of confidence comes from lack of experience.
When it comes to details you actually thought to book a hotel. That is something I could see an N user completely overlooking. The reason why you may feel like you forget details is by comparing yourself to an Se or T user, they both take in a lot of information and quickly, which makes Si or F users feel like we're missing information. As an Fe Ni I am completely hopeless... I have never been able to come back from a trip without forgetting something and I can't even count on my fingers reliably. I use my Ni to tie together information, but in any IQ test involving memory I fail miserably. You may feel like your ability to pick up details is low, but you don't even have to think about it to realize what you would need in any of the above scenarios (someone who knows about cars, the hotel, etc).
I think your Si could be incredibly strong to the point of never even thinking about it. You obviously have pretty strong Ne, which is supposed to be your weakest primary function. If I'm right you've strengthened all your primary functions very well and can manifest Si in new and interesting ways."