• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type this person. INTJ, INTP, or ENTP?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to get a good idea of this person's type, as I've been wondering for a long time. My guess is INTJ, but I see some ENTP traits as well. He tested as INTP, but I just don't see it. I know this isn't exactly as helpful as a questionnaire, but it's the best I can do.

-Meticulous about small details regarding numbers. This person once told me that he couldn't stand having the radio volume on 19; that it would bother him until he turned it to 20.

-Enjoys video games and tabletop games, especially those in which he gets to compete with others using strategy.

-Prone to addictions, and defensive/insecure about these addictions.

-Claims to strongly dislike people and have "minor sociopathic tendencies," but goes out with friends several times a week.

-Has a lot of story ideas (especially in the urban fantasy genre), but never gets any of them on paper. Also really enjoys reading.

-Says that he would "happily" die with his friends. Has also said all he needs in life is sex and friends.

-Has an infatuation with violence, weapons, zombies, and anything else in that category.

-Was a grunge kid in school.

-Dislikes getting serious in relationships, but when he falls in love, becomes extremely vulnerable.

-Is very good at soothing/calming others. He is a "look out for myself" type, but definitely NOT a "lol butthurt crybaby lolol" type.

-Is terrible at anger-management, often letting a small annoyance ruin his entire day.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Why don't you see INTP in them? But ENTP does sound a little more likely than INTJ imo.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why don't you see INTP in them? But ENTP does sound a little more likely than INTJ imo.

I guess because I'm an INTP and we don't have a lot in common, but I guess that doesn't mean we're not the same type.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He seems at the very least to have Ne/Si, maybe Fe and Ti. His Ennegram is likely vastly different from yours which is why you don't identify with him.

INTP.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, if this guy's not INF, then I'm confident in typing myself as INTP. You made enough contrasts between what would be on the T/F scale to reassure myself.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I guess because I'm an INTP and we don't have a lot in common, but I guess that doesn't mean we're not the same type.

Oh, cos from what you listed the only things that potentially seemed pretty out of the realm of INTPness was the whole good at soothing people thing and being really attached to his friends, and also the anger-management I suppose. But those aren't things I would say are total deal breakers either, since people would be different, like Punderstorm said, if his Enneagram is really different it might be why you find it hard to identify with him, plus different interests ofc. I can't identify with a lot of INTPs because my interests are vastly different from the stereotypical INTP and I would imagine someone would find it difficult to type me similarly too. I think some people like to go by what we're interested in to type INTPs, but it should rather be how and sometimes why we're interested in what we are. Also like the others said, INF sounds like an option too.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He seems at the very least to have Ne/Si, maybe Fe and Ti. His Ennegram is likely vastly different from yours which is why you don't identify with him.

INTP.

You're right; I'm almost positive he's an 8w7.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He definitely uses Ti, which is not the case of for an INTJ. J is pretty much ruled out from what you've told us, so ENTP and INTP is left. Now, he appears to have less conflict with T/F, in which T is darn obvious. So N/S must be placed as auxiliary and tertiary. INTP would be my definite answer:)

And your instinctual variants may be opposites as well. I'd also look into what socionics type and socionics subtype the two of you have. If I for example had been an ENTj Te instead of ENTj Ni, I would have fit the "dictator" box way better. Ni gives me those "bubbly" qualities of an ENFJ, and they're not exactly harsh leaders. Haha;) I see you've found your subtype though. Good! Makes it easier to type him.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This person seems like an INTP