• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Swivelinglight: Intp or Entp

entp or intp

• entp

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • intp

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
What the heck other peoples type me threads get a million responses, but oh no, not swiveling's. Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong subforum. that's probably it.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
needs more obnoxiousness. that's what the people here like to give their attention to.

gets the blood pumping or something...

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Well this is exciting. Completely tied. EVERYONE VOTE THIS SUNDAY SUUUNDAY SUUUUUNDAY FOR THE SUPPERRRR SLAMMMM OF THE WEEK. WHICH SIDE WILL WIN. VOTING ODDS ARE 50-50 MAKE A DOLLAR LOSE A DOLLAR THIS FRIIIDAY FRIIIDAY FRIIIIDAY . VOTE TODAY #TRUMP2016

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gonna go with INTP on this one since my guess for your type is not an option on this poll.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
dont know u but tbh i was pretty set on picking intp initially, but went entp in the end for some reason. anyways like xann i'm no totally sure if you're either of those options but couldn't give a proper reason if i tried.

also your profile page is the first where i haven't stopped the music and let it play the whole way through~

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I honestly would have leaned towards INTP when I very first met you.

But....I think out of these choices there is a strong case for Ne bouncing, not just to new ideas and connections but for a purpose of exploration and improvement. I think it is often overlooked that there is an element of chasing the next horizon for Ne doms. It's not blind & loose connections, it's connections that possess a real value to them in what they lead onto and how they build upon and combine existing paradigms for new forms.

In this case I think you explore philosophically in a way that represents this exploration and building-upon narrative quite well. But there is also room for other types too /noncommital. :D

ps: Have to second [MENTION=23759]laterlazer[/MENTION] on the music.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's just an E/I question, I like the way Drenth distinguishes between the two:

introverts seem more likely to experience wholeness as individuals early in life. It may not be until later in life that they feel at peace with the outside world or with a romantic partner. We see the opposite phenomenon in extraverts, who, early on, seem geared to feel at peace or “at home” in the outside world or in the context of relationships. It may not be until later in life that they experience wholeness while alone.

Childish vs. Mature Love & Relationships

As you consider this question, I'd recommend asking yourself the following. Don't worry about how you feel about it. Look at your history. What percentage of your life have you lived alone? What percentage of your live have you lived with and regularly interacted with the people with whom you lived?

Extraverts, generally can't stand living alone. Introverts, by comparison, don't mind it as much. I can't vote on your poll without further information.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start talking about gender politics or the types of your favorite TV characters. Post count in this thread will blow up, guaranteed.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Gender politics"? Sounds like some sort of LSD or acid trip for people who weren't loved enough (or loved too much, if you know what I mean) as kids.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Gender politics"? Sounds like some sort of LSD or acid trip for people who weren't loved enough (or loved too much, if you know what I mean) as kids.

check yo privilege, brofesser

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more E, sorta. I mean ENTP's are pretty solitary despite being E.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmmmm....

/shakes magic eight ball.

ENTP & LIE

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem more E, sorta. I mean ENTP's are pretty solitary despite being E.

This is a fairly accurate observation in my experience. I have two ENTp friends (both mad scientists). One is a genetic engineer. The other is a psychiatrist, and while they both interact with a ton of people at work, the psychiatrist, in particular, is a near-complete hermit who's very difficult to drag out of his cave for any kind of activity. Partly, this is a function of his personality. He ticks people off just being who he is--a brilliant but argumentative Alpha who can outlast any verbal opponent. He can't understand why people find him a bit grating, so he prefers to isolate himself from everyone whom he fears will reject him for simply being who he naturally is (and that includes all but a handful of people).

:shrug:

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
This is a fairly accurate observation in my experience. I have two ENTp friends (both mad scientists). One is a genetic engineer. The other is a psychiatrist, and while they both interact with a ton of people at work, the psychiatrist, in particular, is a near-complete hermit who's very difficult to drag out of his cave for any kind of activity. Partly, this is a function of his personality. He ticks people off just being who he is--a brilliant but argumentative Alpha who can outlast any verbal opponent. He can't understand why people find him a bit grating, so he prefers to isolate himself from everyone whom he fears will reject him for simply being who he naturally is (and that includes all but a handful of people).

:shrug:

I'm kind of like your psychiatrist friend. To most outsiders I'm very Ti heavy, and I don't joke around too much. To my family and close friends I can be very Ne heavy and tease and argue a lot. They get a bit annoyed by how I act when I'm my true self.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What the heck other peoples type me threads get a million responses, but oh no, not swiveling's. Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong subforum. that's probably it.

It's a bit of a biased poll, since you have excluded most types.... I would have voted otherwise.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
If it's just an E/I question, I like the way Drenth distinguishes between the two:

As you consider this question, I'd recommend asking yourself the following. Don't worry about how you feel about it. Look at your history. What percentage of your life have you lived alone? What percentage of your live have you lived with and regularly interacted with the people with whom you lived?

Extraverts, generally can't stand living alone. Introverts, by comparison, don't mind it as much. I can't vote on your poll without further information.

When you're an outcast The Extraverts-Thinker types don't mind being alone. You'd even see Introvert-Feelers yearn far more companions than the Thinkers type actually. It's more like,,, a luxury and not a necessity.