• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] ISFP males

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION], I agree with spanks. I learned to use an analogy that worked for my ex ISFP 9w8. Although it sounds rather unrefined, I used to say "I don't want to cock block your plans." From there we were able to achieve more win/win situations. Meaning he didn't feel like I was walking all over him. Plus it sounded funny to him lol.

Try this. I'm bored, wanna do something? Listen, nod your head, validate. Hey what if we did X? Here's why: lay out a couple reasons be a little enthused while you're doing that. Ask them if they wanna do what you're suggesting. WIN

What you are doing is highlighting the path of most resistance without bull dozing them.

I've 'had' 3 ISFPs in my life. My lil bro, my BFF from age 10 to 22ish and another friend of 3 years when I was 26-28ish.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey stop taking over my thread and make your own thread if you have questions about others. I'm talking about ISFP males.

:)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway, back to ISFP males... The one I know is not all that passive. He's just not super aggressive. I am more passive than him. He has no problems making plans.

Gypsy-Flux

I feel compelled to add my two cents to this topic...

I've always had to put on a mask of toughness, since I was little, in order to prevent people from trying to push me around. This made me appear standoffish sometimes I guess, depending on the context, but because of my quiet nature people sometimes thought they could pick on me or whatever. There was always an (un)-pleasant surprise when they saw how confrontational I became and stood up for myself. My parents always taught me to defend myself in those situations, and I had my share of fistfights as a kid -- perhaps precisely because of this idea that people thought they were targeting someone weak and meek...

I got used to carrying this mask with me, just to survive I guess, through high school and now as an adult. The downside is that I come across a certain way that can make me even more misunderstood than I already am from my reticence. At this point in my life it seems like the kind of thing I should shake off, but as a male you are still expected to be, act, come across a certain way...

Also, I keep calling it a "mask" but, I don't know, maybe this is just a natural development of my personality, being a male and having grown/developed in a particular milieu...

just my take on it

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel compelled to add my two cents to this topic...

I've always had to put on a mask of toughness, since I was little, in order to prevent people from trying to push me around. This made me appear standoffish sometimes I guess, depending on the context, but because of my quiet nature people sometimes thought they could pick on me or whatever. There was always an (un)-pleasant surprise when they saw how confrontational I became and stood up for myself. My parents always taught me to defend myself in those situations, and I had my share of fistfights as a kid -- perhaps precisely because of this idea that people thought they were targeting someone weak and meek...

I got used to carrying this mask with me, just to survive I guess, through high school and now as an adult. The downside is that I come across a certain way that can make me even more misunderstood than I already am from my reticence. At this point in my life it seems like the kind of thing I should shake off, but as a male you are still expected to be, act, come across a certain way...

Also, I keep calling it a "mask" but, I don't know, maybe this is just a natural development of my personality, being a male and having grown/developed in a particular milieu...

just my take on it

Thank you for coming and contributing!

What are you like in romantic relationships?

Gypsy-Flux

I'm not as assertive as I ought to be I think, but my style with women is definitely flirty.
Sometimes I think I might come across as "stringing her along" because I flirt but it's like flirting for the sake of flirting, and I take too long to "close the sale" as it were lol.

In relationships themselves I'm very easy-going I think. I show my affections readily (I'm very affectionate actually), and I guess you could say I'm "adaptable" with my SO...

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My husband is an ISFP. He is laid back, sensitive, creative and active. He hates conflict and criticism. Even though he is sensitive he is very private about his feelings. He gets bored easily and is always doing many different projects. He is up for any adventure. He is affectionate and loyal. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer.