• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs...Is she right?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Calm - I'm extremely calm about 98% of the time. It's probably my most immediately noticeable trait, and it sometimes causes people to accuse me of not caring about anything.

Clever - Saying that I am would be shameful self-flattery, so I'll just say that most other ISTPs that I have known (only a few, oddly enough) are very clever. I am overly-jokey, though, if that's any kind of proof.

Always into something new or unusual - I go through multiple obsessional phases per year over random subjects.

Mentally impossible to break - I am suspicious of pretty much everyone and I'm never emotionally vulnerable (or, if I am, I control my behavior and I don't let anybody else know that.) Those two traits combined would probably make it pretty difficult for anyone to "break" me.

Weirdly easy going - Well, yeah. I don't know how weird that is, though.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine - I guess? I don't know.

Protective - I didn't realize until recently that I did this sort of thing. But I guess I always have.

Go find a manual on how to diffuse a bomb - Is this referring to rage? If so, my rages are few and far between. I DO have them, though.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Calm - I'm a Type 9. Expect me to be calm and rational.

Clever - There are more clever ISTPs out there than me.

Always into something new or unusual - Yes. I don't like anything that seems even remotely traditional and will view it as too boring.

Mentally impossible to break - I have been called "smartass" on several occasions, but although mentaly strong, I'm not unbreakable (who is anyway?).

Weirdly easy going - Again I'm a Type 9. 9s and perceivers are usually easygoing. I can't see much weird about an ISTP being easygoing.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine - :wubbie:

Protective - Depends...

Go find a manual on how to diffuse a bomb - I have had to learn to control my somewhat impulsive outbursts. Although my voice is calm, my outbursts are often physical, so be careful. Other than that, I'm with the other ISTPs: these "bombs" are few but far in between.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calm - :laugh: No way.

Clever - Sometimes.

Always into something new or unusual - Always.

Mentally impossible to break - No one is.

Determined - Yes.

Weirdly easy going - Sometimes.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine - Yes.

Protective - Become less so over the years, but yes.