• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are all ENTP/INTP 's like this?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My father is an ENTP so far. And he has alot of annoying traits.

Anyway, everytime my father watches news, and there is an argument going on or the news is providing something bad, he starts to speak or cuss words with himself out-loudly. I usualy tell him to stop talking out loudly to himself because It's extremely annoying and distracting. But everytime you tell him to stop that, he sometimes lashes out on me, provocating me and then calling me "Psycho" and other bullshit.

I just fell alot of hypocricy radiating from him when he lashes out on me. because he also tells me to stop when I'm raging or angrily talking towards my PC due to my PC getting messed up and starting to glitch and mess things, when I tell my father to back off and mind his own busines, he again lashes out on me and provocating me.

When I ask him why he is allowed to tell me to stop while I'm not, he answered "I'm your father therefore I have much more power over you" just to cover up his hypocricy.

My question is, are all INTP's and ENTP's like that?

Amberiat

Infinity
Everyone is different, so no, not all ENTPs/INTPs are like that, this sort of behavior is definitely not healthy though. Maybe your father is under significant stress?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I dont see him as stressfull. My father claims himself to be an optimistic person, even though I see him as a realist instead.

Amberiat

Infinity
I was mostly thinking about him "lashing out", I probably imagined it worse than it actually was. If it's not that bad then it's probably just one of the many negative traits that everyone can have and it's completely normal. ENTPs usually enjoy debates and they can be very argumentative, like I said though, it's not something that applies to everyone.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Intp are most of the time right , so for people with limited view of the world it can be annoying but there is some types like enfj that can understand and improve.

rav3n

For sure, not all INTPs are like ENTPs and for sure, not all ENTPs are like your father. But I will say that you're like your father since both of you yell at inanimate objects.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Intp think faster than words , Intp are the Core i7 in brain power there is not way they can tell their thinking... just some basic stuff that normal people can understand at least trying xD.

Pd: No , intp never think with their mouth.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
My father is an ENTP so far. And he has alot of annoying traits.

Anyway, everytime my father watches news, and there is an argument going on or the news is providing something bad, he starts to speak or cuss words with himself out-loudly. I usualy tell him to stop talking out loudly to himself because It's extremely annoying and distracting. But everytime you tell him to stop that, he sometimes lashes out on me, provocating me and then calling me "Psycho" and other bullshit.

Is your dad Tourette's Guy? It's kind of hard to not picture him as Tourette's Guy after reading this.

k9a4b

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
My question is, are all INTP's and ENTP's like that?

Yeah I reckon those are probably stereotypical NT traits. You don't have to do what he says. You can do whatever you like. Nothing wrong with being a hypocrite

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, this isn't an entp or intp specific trait. It is true NTPs often have pragmatic views on the world in general, but lashing out against it is not the normal way of interacting with that.
Most ENTPs would most likely look for the humor in things and make fun about such subjects. Essentially, they hear about something and then try to make it interesting.
Most INTPs generally think about things from a more idealistic sense. Not focusing on what's wrong but thinking about solutions. As INTPs at their core enjoy solving problems most.

Personally, I tend to go in a more teacher like mode. If I see something that strikes me as wrong and others are present I enjoy giving my perspective in order to try and teach people about the subject. I get braingasms when people respond to me with 'Oh, its like that' and 'you're right' and super braingasms if people manage to enrich my own thoughts with information I was still lacking. Probably my E9 shining through there though.

I'm most often alone though, maybe I should create some imaginary friends to have these conversations with. In order to keep stimulating my braincells.