• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are right I said that and I mean what I said.

Ah, so I wasn't imagining things, cool. Na, connection to a person, a thing, an action, tends to bring about some kind of emotional response. It just depends on what type of connection it is, how much of a connection it is and how much you allow yourself to react to a situation involving the object of that connection.

As for being able to function socially, I commented to an INTJ once that he seemed quite friendly; his response was that it was a "recent developent" - he was 31 at the time.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
As for being able to function socially, I commented to an INTJ once that he seemed quite friendly; his response was that it was a "recent developent" - he was 31 at the time.

I don't understand - is this a joke about his age? :huh:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
When I was little, I had a favourite story about a bird (I remember the colours and the way it was drawn...the birds were round-ish, colours, purple-pine greens and yellow-orange-browns)...something happened to the little bird in the story (maybe his mother died, I don't remember) and then it probably had a fairly happy end. My mother keeps telling me about how I would ask her to read it to me over and over again even though I would feel extremely sad and started crying because the little bird was sad every time at the same moment in the story. I would literally have her read it to me three times in a row and I'd cry heartwrenched tears three times. And then more the next day.

A little Fi bird. :) I guess I enjoyed feeling and empathising with the little bird and seeing how he was sad and then got happy again. I'm good at this personal, slightly ethereal, abstractish Fi-stuff, but not with interpersonal applications of it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Most of them do, but again, most of them are prideful creatures. They would never let you see.

agreed...and yet they INTJs are supposed to have the most self-confidence of all types....how the hell

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
To function, we don't require doubt. To feel, we don't require other people, just good action of our own. We aren't awesome. Awesome is us.

If you really want to see an INTJ cry an honest tear, represent to her an example of someone who chooses a conviction and acts upon it, and gains the strength to act by knowing that he intends to change everything that stands before him, and not because he seeks chaos, but because what is true is true.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you really want to see an INTJ cry an honest tear, represent to her an example of someone who chooses a conviction and acts upon it, and gains the strength to act by knowing that he intends to change everything that stands before him, and not because he seeks chaos, but because what is true is true.

Sounds like the storyline in your typical RPG or anime series.

It sounds too idealistic, passionate, and positive for an NT at first glance, but I suppose I can buy it with the whole tertiary Fi thing.

That sort of thing would probably inspire me to cheering them on rather than crying, though. Probably an Fe vs. Fi thing...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds like the storyline in your typical RPG or anime series.

It sounds too idealistic, passionate, and positive for an NT at first glance[...]

Yep. Thus the tear.

I will, therefore I am.

Grand battles of right and wrong are good. Struggles with doubt are tiresome. Action with a purpose is... mundane. But becoming one's conviction... now that's fun!

I suppose the one hiccup is that one could be wrong. But that's the beauty part of the T. Not being wrong. The ideal holds that when the conviction is chosen, it's not because of choice, but because of clarity, honesty and truth. The conviction is what must be.

That's the virtue I suppose of the relatively unsophisticated Fi.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yep. Thus the tear.

The fact that it doesn't seem to make any sense... makes it more moving? :huh:

I will, therefore I am.

Don't you mean, "I think, therefore I am"? What you just said seems a little... well, impossible. Will is just another force that can contribute to an outcome, it doesn't make sense to attribute more power or meaning to it than to the other forces at work in a given situation. Does it?
Grand battles of right and wrong are good. Struggles with doubt are tiresome. Action with a purpose is... mundane. But becoming one's conviction... now that's fun!

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree... there's something powerful and inspiring in the idea of someone becoming their own conviction.

I suppose the one hiccup is that one could be wrong. But that's the beauty part of the T. Not being wrong. The ideal holds that when the conviction is chosen, it's not because of choice, but because of clarity, honesty and truth. The conviction is what must be.

That's the virtue I suppose of the relatively unsophisticated Fi.

It definitely seems like they're certain that this must be true because of their convictions, anyway.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The fact that it doesn't seem to make any sense... makes it more moving? :huh:

To a degree. The business of changing everything that stands before one is likely, in reality, going to fail. But the conviction, becoming the conviction, says you won't fail. So... get going and do.

Don't you mean, "I think, therefore I am"? What you just said seems a little... well, impossible. Will is just another force that can contribute to an outcome, it doesn't make sense to attribute more power or meaning to it than to the other forces at work in a given situation. Does it?

Thus the tear.

One may concentrate on the likely failure of the action to come, or one may accept the conviction and act. Since INTJs are in to efficient, successful action, it only makes sense that the strongest truest test is the one where you must fail, but won't, because by your conviction, you must not, and therefore will not. I will, therefore I am.

Probably works better in movies.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand - is this a joke about his age? :huh:

i think the implication was that it took 31 years for that person to realize his shortcomings and correct them

thisGuy is correct. He saw something that would help him attain certain goals and went for it until it worked. But it did take him that long to find out he wanted it and to achieve it (though I'm sure he'd argue with me on how close to success he is).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sorry, didn't mean to sound dense... it just sounded kind of like me and I didn't get why realizing something at 31 was so strange or funny, but I guess I can see it now. I started to become a "nice" person around age 28. In a way, up until that point I was too focused on other things to really notice. Well, better late than never...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Trufax.

fiona

MBTI Type
INTJ
Or, represent herself to her, herself taken to the utmost end, throwing away all hope in life because of who she is:

Remains of the Day.
Shadowlands

I almost never cry over films. With both of these, I howled. I was inconsolable because they showed me the chasm that lies at my feet.

Please note: I was alone when I watched them. I would never have done that if someone else had been with me. Like all INTJs, I do have a little self-respect.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
well whatever....INTJs in general miss out on life a bit too much

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I just hope that you undersatnd how subjective this claim is.

We are so uninterested exactly because we have too much on our minds so we don't bother that much with things in our socilal environment.
INTJs are quite alive actually, it is just that we are alive in a different way.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Eh.

I think you're conflating terminology. At the risk of soapboxing, I'll summarize an easy counterpoint:

It's not incumbent on the INTJ to domesticate what he finds personally gratifying against popular social mores, just as it isn't prudent for the ENTP to necessarily presume that his approach will be adopted by anyone other than him - even within his type. Actually, intra-typal friction is often an enthusiastic response to the wide-arching conformism of the MBTI. Individuality is far more relevant than type.

What one finds meaningful doesn't have to be a universal characteristic for it to have gravity.