• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: Ever Been In Jail?

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I was 8 I had to ride in a police car after my ex-stepdad got arrested for his expired tags. They pulled us over while we were in the Wendy's drive-through :cry:
I remember the policewoman I was with offered me a Twix, but I was too freaked out XD My legs felt crushed between the front seat and the seat I was in. Very uncomfortable.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I spent a hellish seven hours in a holding cell for driving 80 miles an hour in 60 zone with a suspended license.

Oh yeah, I'm a bad NF.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I spent a hellish seven hours in a holding cell for driving 80 miles an hour in 60 zone with a suspended license.

Oh yeah, I'm a bad NF.

Thats what happens when you hang out with evil NT's. :devil:
But i can't blame you either. ;)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've broken some laws. but I've never been to jail, fortunately.

This ENFP I dated years ago went to prison for about 2yrs for setting a girl on fire [on impulse, trying to be 'funny.' She wasn't seriously injured fortunately.] He meets all the critera for a sociopath. Anyway, he hated prison, and apparently adopted a different persona within prison to keep things harmonious with various groups. He used his time in prison to write some personal manifesto, get some therapy, work on tattoos, & get schooling. He came out seemingly more balanced, from what I hear, and is trying to keep a low profile/behave. He apprentices for a tattoo parlor. Seems like he needed that separation from his admirers/social group and some kind of focus to actually deal with a lot of things, and I believe prison served that purpose.. so far..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thats what happens when you hang out with evil NT's. :devil:
But i can't blame you either. ;)

Actually, this was totally my own fault. I was still in my teens. I interpret this as one sign that I am in fact an Ne dom.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was 8 I had to ride in a police car after my ex-stepdad got arrested for his expired tags. They pulled us over while we were in the Wendy's drive-through :cry:
I remember the policewoman I was with offered me a Twix, but I was too freaked out XD My legs felt crushed between the front seat and the seat I was in. Very uncomfortable.

My ENFP brother, this German/Russian kid Feider, & I got a ride home from the police when I was 8 [he & Feider were 10].. for stealing road signs.

..we didn't know we were stealing them!
They were all piled up near this ball field. We thought they were "free!" :yes:

Someone living nearby phoned the police when they saw us carrying the signs off the field. Soon as the cops pulled up, we dropped everything and just.. ran.. into the woods nearby.. I'm not sure why we decided that was a good idea. Feider just sort of stood there, confused the whole time, and proceeded to "forget" how to speak what little English he did know. I've yet to figure out what his type was... hmm.

In any event, my mother, being the daughter of a retired cop, was slightly livid, to say the least.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've broken some laws. but I've never been to jail, fortunately.

This ENFP I dated years ago went to prison for about 2yrs for setting a girl on fire [on impulse, trying to be 'funny.' She wasn't seriously injured fortunately.] He meets all the critera for a sociopath. Anyway, he hated prison, and apparently adopted a different persona within prison to keep things harmonious with various groups. He used his time in prison to write some personal manifesto, get some therapy, work on tattoos, & get schooling. He came out seemingly more balanced, from what I hear, and is trying to keep a low profile/behave. He apprentices for a tattoo parlor. Seems like he needed that separation from his admirers/social group and some kind of focus to actually deal with a lot of things, and I believe prison served that purpose.. so far..

isn't he the champion for human rights who helped kickstart the new prison food campaign? i generally visit an istp "my white hip hop career never got the breaks so i had to resort to stealing analogue tvs with conversion boxes to sell on ebay and antique stores to feed my family" sibling of mine whenever i'm in the mood for nicely paired steak and lobster surf and turf. with a side of bernaise, of course, pronounced in the way of the franks. bon appetit!

ps i was going to use the phrase "in the slammer" but i couldn't figure out how to extract the homosexual connotation out of it and sell it as an "essence" to shampoo companies.

R

Riva

I've never been in jail. Don't plan on getting there either.

But NF's being in jail and what it would be like. Heh. Not pretty. Nobody likes to be in jail, you adapt to it.

I don't know. I'd think it really depends on how strong the person is mentally, despite the type. It can go either way. Some people tolerate things better while some give up in a heartbeat.

It's mental conditioning more than tolerance. Some people think it's normal to-

fail a class
get a divorce
have a 10,000 dollar debt
be an alcoholic
and end up in jail once in a while

they think it's normal. it's called mental conditioning. Not tolerance. :)
actually we all have mental conditioning. Different from each other. but we do.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm not an NF but I've been in prison a few times for protesting. One of my co-defendants, who was in the same prison camp that I was for six months, was an INFP. She seemed distracted a lot and she said that, when she first arrived, she was very overwhelmed. Eventually, she did adapt.
It wasn't the worst place in the world to be. It was minimum security and there was no violence. We all had jobs and we could be outside pretty much all day if we worked in landscaping. The worst thing, aside from the nightmarish health care (which resulted in a few deaths from neglect) were a lot of stupid, petty rules. I broke them a lot and, for the most part, I got away with it.
I've been in jail for overnight visits, too, after various protests. Even that wasn't the worst thing in the world. The hardest part is being inside all of the time. I felt like a rat in a maze. How do I get out of here? Eeek.
Since my jail/prison time has always been connected with protesting, it was never a bad experience. I was proud of the actions that I took that resulted in my being sent to those icky places.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One thing that I wish to never do is end up in jail/prison. Being incarcerated is a prime thing I dream of not happening, and is a nightmare for me. Especially because a sentence could take up a big chunk of my life where I have other things I intend on doing. I probably wouldn't survive jail/the treatment of the guards and the inmates. There are some lesser situations I'm sensitive too so that would be like that time 100.

It would especially stink it I didn't do it and got tangled up in something, with the wrong crowd. I watched the documentary "13th" about two semesters ago, there does need to be punishment for crimes but I can't help but feel for the people who get a raw deal especially those who are innocent who are charged as guilty. Especially if I had to share a cell with multiple strangers who were unsavory, DOES NOT LIKE!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
After going through the thread:

This highly depends on country's political system. If you have authoritative dictatorship that answers to no one and wants it to stay that way then moralistic, journalistic, pesky NFs are actually the first to end up in prison. It is all in priorities.

Jaguar

I'm not an NF but I've been in prison a few times for protesting. One of my co-defendants, who was in the same prison camp that I was for six months, was an INFP. She seemed distracted a lot and she said that, when she first arrived, she was very overwhelmed. Eventually, she did adapt.
It wasn't the worst place in the world to be. It was minimum security and there was no violence. We all had jobs and we could be outside pretty much all day if we worked in landscaping. The worst thing, aside from the nightmarish health care (which resulted in a few deaths from neglect) were a lot of stupid, petty rules. I broke them a lot and, for the most part, I got away with it.
I've been in jail for overnight visits, too, after various protests. Even that wasn't the worst thing in the world. The hardest part is being inside all of the time. I felt like a rat in a maze. How do I get out of here? Eeek.
Since my jail/prison time has always been connected with protesting, it was never a bad experience. I was proud of the actions that I took that resulted in my being sent to those icky places.

Prison camp 6 months, for protesting?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yep. Paddy wagon with like 20 other people, zip ties, the whole shebang. Cops don't like women who misbehave; my cop father feels the same way (without admitting it of course) so I knew what was coming. It wasn't that bad to me but there were a lot of people that don't handle crisis very well to begin with so a lot of crying and screaming going on in the group cell. My charges were dismissed but I did pay a fine. No regrets.

Jaguar

Yep. Paddy wagon with like 20 other people, zip ties, the whole shebang. Cops don't like women who misbehave; my cop father feels the same way (without admitting it of course) so I knew what was coming. It wasn't that bad to me but there were a lot of people that don't handle crisis very well to begin with so a lot of crying and screaming going on in the group cell. My charges were dismissed but I did pay a fine. No regrets.

Were you fingerprinted and photographed?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Were you fingerprinted and photographed?

Yes. Digital fingerprinting is interesting. I learned to take the old fashioned ink kind when I was a kid.

Jaguar

Yes. Digital fingerprinting is interesting. I learned to take the old fashioned ink kind when I was a kid.

I was hoping the answer would be no. Did you have a lawyer file to get your entire record expunged from the system since the charges were dismissed?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was hoping the answer would be no. Did you have a lawyer file to get your entire record expunged from the system since the charges were dismissed?

Yes. I retained a defense attorney before I went to court.