• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Help with a mother. Unknown type.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I am not sure where this fits.
A friend of mine is being mentally harassed by her mother. The dilemma: Weight.
The mother seems obsessed with weight and "make" her daughter loose weight even though she is a healthy girl. She trains a lot and gains muscle, that in the eye of the mother seems to be fat/unhealthy figure.

On one hand; The mother tells her that it is ok and as long as she is happy with herself.
On the other; The mother tells her to loose 10 kg because she looks fat.

My friend contemplates on becoming bulimic again, only to be able to satisfy her mother.
According to my friend, she feels that her mother puts her into a cage.

I know that it is very little information but that is all I know. Any advice on what may be the issue?

(I am sorry for my English but I am somewhat tired.)

nasmoe

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
That sounds like something my mom would say and I'm sure she is Fe.
maybe ENFJ or ENFP.

sculpting

The girl needs to get positive reinforcement from another source that she looks fine. Her mother is controlling and sounds like she is using her daughter to reinforce her own self image.

had a friend who went through this growing up. Her mom was chinese and dad irish. She was always larger boned like her dad and her mom endlessly harped on her being fat. It didnt help that her two sisters seemed to be built more like thier mom.

In her case dad stepped in and put a stop to the nonsense. Perhaps dad could help here?