• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What pet personality do you prefer?

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've heard it said that people tend to pick pets whose personalities resemble theirs. I wanted to see if this was true.

My mom's an xxTJ and I've found that she likes for her pets to be noticeably more intelligent than normal. I don't care much if they're intelligent, honestly, though that's obviously a plus for various survival reasons. I'm mostly just a dog person and love the ones that are clingy/need to be babied all the time. xD I think this is mostly because that's how I cater to my maternal instinct, though.

I'm guessing there's quite possibly NOT a correlation between NF types and these preferences. But I'd still like to see what other people end up saying at the very least :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love animals in general, but especially dogs. I've loved how one of my past dogs was extremely intelligent, but not just mentally quick, he was also emotional intelligent. There wasn't any training that really needed to be done; he just understood whatever it was generally. When I was upset, he'd comfort me. When I'd get angry, it would upset him. He was very sensitive. Another of my favorite dogs is a giant goofball who is just enthusiastic and loves to have fun, is curious, wants to help and know what's going on, be involved, and have fun. I like pets to be affectionate, I like emotional support, and being playful.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh god, if my pets were as energetic as me I'd be exhausted. I love an old lazy dog that just wants to cuddle.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is hard to say specifically. I like my pets to be uniquely themselves but you know, love me anyway kind of thing. All my pets have such different personalities. XD

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
in my mind i would really like a pet like a wolf or fox or crow or raven.. like something that's not dependent on me but had a mutual respect and connection at a distance of sort.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love this question, and I can see it for sure. I have 3 pets and I love them all, but my cat Buddy seems to have a soft spot for me and I do him. I think he's an ESTJ and I'm an INFP so we have the same functions, just backwards. We do have some similarities though-generally calm(on the outside at least), preening, making squeaky noises out of nowhere, fluffy. My pets are all pretty different personality wise, but if I were looking somewhere today I would look for a positive outlook and smooth heavy(973 is triple smooth) and probably a Ne/Si pet but also I'd be interested in a Se dominant pet as well. A pet more outgoing than me for sure, and a cheeky one at that who likes to charm.