• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in a multiverse?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I tend to believe in it as an interesting possibility that would be awesome If true. There are some things like life beyond Earth where it is yet to be observed but seems almost inevitable, then there are things like wormholes where it seems to fit within accepted theories but hasn't been observed yet, then there are things like a multiverse that fit within some proposed theories but who really knows. I don't think a multiverse necessitates a many worlds view of quantum mechanics or that many worlds necessitates quantum immortality.

I am also more sceptical about quantum immortality and the idea that consciousness is constantly split and eventually ends up following a path of near zero probability to stay alive. What happens when the option has to break the laws of physics to exist? Also, how do human decisions relate to quantum systems? Isn't there just proposed to be a universe for each possibility at a quantum level? Once you introduce entanglement and other limitations, could it not just average out and end up being irrelevant at a macroscopic level?

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know that I believe in it, but I don't disbelieve in it either. They are interesting theories.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The multiverse idea comes from people making the mistake of equating mathematical constructs to objective realities. That being said, there could be a multiverse. I'm just not aware of any good evidence for one.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe in the possibility of the multiverse because I want to believe better worlds than this one exist somehow, somewhere.