• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A better forum.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm currently playing with the idea of OPs by default moderating their own threads, give the power to the people who care most.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm currently playing with the idea of OPs by default moderating their own threads, give the power to the people who care most.

That is both a good and bad idea. Quite often I have created a thread then it went to shit and I could spot a few troublemakers who I would want to remove from the debate so it can carry on constructively and civilly. On the ohter hand this is open to abuse as say the OP has a personal grudge against someone then they might keep kicking them out to spite them. This is a good idea but needs mod input IMO.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is both a good and bad idea. Quite often I have created a thread then it went to shit and I could spot a few troublemakers who I would want to remove from the debate so it can carry on constructively and civilly. On the ohter hand this is open to abuse as say the OP has a personal grudge against someone then they might keep kicking them out to spite them. This is a good idea but needs mod input IMO.

I think there could be some interesting side effects. First of all, the OPs would want to encourage participation in their threads, and also have their voice heard on others', which might be pressure to maintain an equitable position as a mini thread mod. Ultimately, I'd love a situation where Forum mods are mostly keeping the forum safe from spam and anything the forum thinks is indecent, instead of being in charge of topicality.

My idea of censure would be less elimination of offending posts and parties and more like after the fact editing. Basically giving the OP editorial power, but leaving all the cut posts available for those who are interested, allowing for full transparency.