• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are dead bees a big deal?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course it is... this feels like a silly question...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] I'm not pro-polar bear or anything. It's one of the uglier bears, and always wondered why it was on the coca-cola commercials. I guess they wanted me to drink coke when it was cold, but they had Santa Claus for that.

Anyways, even though I don't like the bears, it is an engaging way to discuss global warming (and I am pro-Arctic fox).

- - - Updated - - -

The other day I was walking to a Trader Joe's when I found some people with clipboards standing in front of the store. I didn't want to talk to them ( around here most causes go to entitled people who have things I could only dream of) as I walked by clearly ignoring they said
" Do you have time for-"
"No."
...honey bees?"
"Yes!"

What did they want you to do?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, it is a very big deal. It is because of bees that we have so many variation of vegetables and fruits to choose from, and their deaths can cause a devastating chain reaction that I don't even want to think about. :(

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] I'm not pro-polar bear or anything. It's one of the uglier bears,

[MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION]! Cover your ears!

and always wondered why it was on the coca-cola commercials. I guess they wanted me to drink coke when it was cold, but they had Santa Claus for that.

Haha! I hadn't thought of that :)

Anyways, even though I don't like the bears, it is an engaging way to discuss global warming (and I am pro-Arctic fox).

Ok, let's do it for the foxes then!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Despite the sensationalism of "BEES ARE GOING EXTINCT!!" that we've seen lately in the news (that's not true at all) it IS important to notice a very frightening trend early on.

Seeing a trend and addressing it long before it is something scary with that being an actual headline vs some paranoid hippy that cannot read anything properly is truly important. We want something mundane addressed with a multi-focal approach that, while maybe a little over the top, prevents a big issue.

Bats are having colony collapses, and so are bees. These are very important aspects of nature.. and similar to how a single species can make a huge impact in the way the environment looks around you, a global species important to many aspects of life is not something we want to lose.. or even begin to lose.

Meet The Scientist Who Revitalized A Locally Rare Butterfly Species In San Francisco | The Huffington Post

To take this as a sort of case study... this guy identified the cycle of butterfly-to-local-wildflowers.. and found a point where he could positively impact that cycle. While his was more one-dimensional (this plant needs to be around more, invasive species + expansion of man made structures is dwindling that supply.. so.. make more..) I think a multi-focal approach can be identified and implemented to make more headlines like this instead of the first one I quoted.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=71]Haha! I hadn't thought of that :)

Yeah, the marketing people at Coca-cola don't want you to do too much thinking. When I used to go to the movies, I'd see that polar bear drinking coke before the trailers. I think when you're at a theatre, you're there to have fun. It's a happy place, so you're not doing much critical thinking. That allows the message to be inserted below conscious awareness, making it more effective.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Yeah, the marketing people at Coca-cola don't want you to do too much thinking. When I used to go to the movies, I'd see that polar bear drinking coke before the trailers. I think when you're at a theatre, you're there to have fun. It's a happy place, so you're not doing much critical thinking. That allows the message to be inserted below conscious awareness, making it more effective.

Sooo true (laughs). And, even though I am critical of marketing from having worked in the field...I have an area of intense vulnerability. I am overly susceptible to cuteness, expressive eyes and onomatopoeia (the penguins made very distinct "chrrrr" noises). It's a curse!

When I lived in Mexico, there were some primitive villages where Coke had 'ties in' with the Catholic church which has a very strong hold on the villages traditionally and culturally. Some of the people literally think that Coke is holy. They are MASTERS of marketing. Televised and living.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sooo true (laughs). And, even though I am critical of marketing from having worked in the field...I have an area of intense vulnerability. I am overly susceptible to cuteness, expressive eyes and onomatopoeia (the penguins made very distinct "chrrrr" noises). It's a curse!

Me too. My big problem is I just like to shut off my brain sometimes. I could too, if it wasn't for certain people. They're like "OMIGOD! Did you see how much they charge for a large drink here? Four dollars! Did you hear me?!? I SAID IT WAS FOUR DOLLARS!"

When I lived in Mexico, there were some primitive villages where Coke had 'ties in' with the Catholic church which has a very strong hold on the villages traditionally and culturally. Some of the people literally think that Coke is holy. They are MASTERS of marketing. Televised and living.

Woooooow! I'd seen some Coke products around some Catholic crap once, and it didn't register as marketing. I was just like "What? Huh? That's weird" and then my mind moved on. I also saw a pic of what some Mexicans buy for groceries in a week, and wondered what they were doing with all those bottles of Coke. Now I know. That's impressive that Coke could embed themselves into the culture so deeply. It seems abasing to the Catholic church though. Hey, thanks for sharing this. This is cool to know.

Environmental things could use some help from Coca-Cola's marketing department.