• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Electric Universe

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Has anyone ever heard of this hypothesis?

From my understanding it has several key differences with the standard model of cosmology.

1. Gravity is a 'weaker' dipolar electromagnetic phenomenon and open space is not electrically neutral.
2. From point 1 there are not four separate forces found in nature ( typically known as Gravity, EM, Strong and weak nuclear forces) rather all are a manifestation of the electrical force.
3. From the first two points phenomena like Black Holes can be explained electrically not having to evoke mathematical models that require infinite gravity or dark matter to account for the extra gravitational force holding the galaxy together. This view of cosmology suggests that black holes actually don't exist like the math suggests but what we are really observing is just gamma ray radiation from certain points in space which can be explained electrically rather than an infinite source of gravity.
4. The Sun is not a thermonuclear furnace but rather more like an electrical anode in a circuit. It is positively charged externally through mostly invisible Burkland currents which connect it to the rest of the galaxy. The justification for this is the extremely hot corona of the sun which is hotter than the surface which suggests external powering.
5. Comets are electrical in nature and not just 'dirty snowballs.' This cosmology suggests comments are indistinguishable from asteroids except that they come from a region in the solar system with a different ( negative charge). When comets enter the sun's positive electrical field then comets begin to discharge to equalize their voltage which creates a luminescent coma and tail. EU supporters have pointed to recent probe missions to comets fulfilling their predictions.
6. Some EU proponents draw inspiration from Immaneul Velikovsky who suggested the radical notion that the solar system wasn't always in its current alignment and a different alignment of our solar system was present even in early human memory. Velikovsky took the view that all ancient mythologies held grains of truth and most myths were derived from real life phenomena observed in the ancient sky ( a very different sky). It's the view that ancient myths of all cultures have some common archtypes that were initially inspired by an older more electrically active sky. Most people dismiss this cosmology because the notion of planets and the sun being in a different alignment so recently defy all sensibility.

I still find this view fascinating though I'm not personally sold on it. Of all the claims I think the strongest is those of comets. I think they have a VERY strong hypothesis about comets being electrically charged and some predictions made by the EU community have been vindicated by probes. Their view of Martian history is fascinating as well. As far as the solar system being so differently aligned just some 20,000 years or less ago seems far fetched.

I want your opinions.