• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When INFPs go bad: The Elusive INFP Villain in Fiction

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Woah when I saw the thread title I was thinking 'hey maybe OA will be a good villain in a INFJ thread/movie.'

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] will be a scary villain in an infj point of view movie.

However, most of the drama will be internal. No blood will be shed. Just words unspoken.

The silent treatment will be her power.

The bad apple will be the title of the movie.

:D

To see I have made the same joke 3 years ago.

Does this mean that my thinking patterns are consistent or does it mean my jokes aren't getting better?

Or worse - does it mean my jokes are lame.

I will probably lose sleep over this today.

Would an INFP really know they’ve gone bad though? INFP villains would be the people who sadly subtly went off course somewhere along the way while fighting for their beliefs. The transformation would be gradual. They’d still be convinced they were fighting for a principle. I keep thinking of the super hero who slowly turns into a super villain because the rest of the world doesn’t meet their expectations. The bitterness from that acts like being exposed to a small amount of toxins over a long period of time. It takes a while to feel the effects and by the time their system is thoroughly toxic they’re too far gone.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe Mr. Freeze and Professor Callaghan from Big Hero 6?

Just some possibilities.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
So you like dark INFP? :D :happy2:

Loki -> Because of [Fi-Si] loop contains a lot of negative energy this is what happens when INFP goes upside down and unleash his full power...everything goes dark. :2ar15:

Note: INFP in dark mode are the master of illusions. If you don't have a strong Ni you have 0% to recognize what is real or not... ;) INFP can beat even xNTJ types with ease uses their weakness against them, they are masochistic so they enjoy torment but the end is what is matter... ;) They are weak against dom Ti types. ;)

qmgrfz3ohehojicugtpk.jpg

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The issue with INFP villains and why they are so uncommon is because the unhealthy INFP is more likely to fall into negativity or self-pity, taking any and all external information as fuel to feed into their insecurities. That's where the sensitive stereotype comes from, because unhealthy Fi will involuntarily grasp at straws to prove it's own ugly judgement as a reality. Imagine a snake eating itself alive. As destructive as this is, it is not often executed externally.

I have seen this in characters before, but never as an effective villain.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The issue with INFP villains and why they are so uncommon is because the unhealthy INFP is more likely to fall into negativity or self-pity, taking any and all external information as fuel to feed into their insecurities. That's where the sensitive stereotype comes from, because unhealthy Fi will involuntarily grasp at straws to prove it's own ugly judgement as a reality. Imagine a snake eating itself alive. As destructive as this is, it is not often executed externally.

I have seen this in characters before, but never as an effective villain.

This is [Fi-Si] loop what you talk about when they become so paralyze to do anything. Real problem is INFP so believe in their values so they never can end the circle with destruction but if their values are violated to the core (REALLY) they can and will reach their inf Te. #INFx in Zodiac is Pisces (Pisces as sign description is definition of Fi-Ne or even Ni-Fe) and nobody literately believe nor expect tsunami attack. People usually see waves who comes to literally obliterate everything on its path but it is too late...nobody can stop them now. Ant this is what happening when #IXFP attack. Nobody expect that from them because people on start underestimate their power so they as well.

Note Pisces is sign who represents: darkness,ocean,death,sickness,madness,unknown as well kindness,love,compassion, and completion. ;)
I am not talk about chart nor real people. I talk about sign as sign in general. ;)

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thi is [Fi-Si] loop what you talk about when they become so paralyze to do anything. Real problem is INFP so believe in their values so they never can end the circle with destruction but if their values are violated to the core they can and will reach their inf Te. #INFx in Zodiac is Pisces (Pisces as sign description is definition of Fi-Ne or even Ni-Fe) and nobody literately believe nor expect tsunami attack. People usually see waves who comes to literally obliterate everything on its path but it is too late...nobody can stop them now. Ant this is what happening when #IXFP attack. Nobody expect that from them because people on start underestimate their power so they as well.

Unhealthy Fi is far more likely to shut out inferior Te than consistently weaponize it and unhealthy dominant Fi rarely is functioning properly enough to develop a coherent set of values to violate because often what causes Fi to spiral out of control is a loss of self. Fi's values and morals can range far and wide, but they do not have to be positive, especially if the user isn't utilizing the function properly. An unhealthy EXFP might lash out with their Te due to their Fi values being violated because their dominant function, Ne or Se, is not blocking out their Te in the process of doing so.

And even if you make the assumption that the INFP is healthy and their Fi is functioning properly whereas they have that hard ethical core to violate, it is just not normal behavior for an INFP to revert to Te mode instantaneously upon those ethics being crossed over. That behavior is more typical of Fe/Ti, where Fe will snap back when it's low order Ti is being questioned or perhaps even Te/Fi because the extroverted function is the one reacting in response to a poorly developed introverted judging function. But because an INFP's introverted judging function is the one leading, it's reaction will not be external.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
And even if you make the assumption that the INFP is healthy and their Fi is functioning properly whereas they have that hard ethical core to violate, it is just not normal behavior for an INFP to revert to Te mode instantaneously upon those ethics being crossed over. That behavior is more typical of Fe/Ti, where Fe will snap back when it's low order Ti is being questioned or perhaps even Te/Fi because the extroverted function is the one reacting in response to a poorly developed introverted judging function. But because an INFP's introverted judging function is the one leading, it's reaction will not be external.

Everybody has it own darkness. There is only different ways to push what is inside out! :devil:

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Everybody has it own darkness. There is only different ways to push what is inside out! :devil:

INFPs definitely have an inner darkness and capability for terrible things just as any other type, but that does typically manifest through self-harming tendencies rather than exterior dramatics. I think that we can be pretty damn bad, Fi dominant and all, but I'd probably be quite bored watching a show or reading a book with an INFP main villain. Which is probably why there are so few.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFPs definitely have an inner darkness and capability for terrible things just as any other type, but that does typically manifest through self-harming tendencies rather than exterior dramatics. I think that we can be pretty damn bad, Fi dominant and all, but I'd probably be quite bored watching a show or reading a book with an INFP main villain. Which is probably why there are so few.

This is what I found....
XNFP
This villain is completely self-motivated by his own suffering and acts purely for his own interest. They are angry will gladly force you to suffer so that you can feel the same pain that they feel. Other people are expendable so long as the vision is fulfilled They’re able to recognize all the possibilities and typically suffer from some type of mental instability or false impression of the world.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is what I found....
XNFP
This villain is completely self-motivated by his own suffering and acts purely for his own interest. They are angry will gladly force you to suffer so that you can feel the same pain that they feel. Other people are expendable so long as the vision is fulfilled They’re able to recognize all the possibilities and typically suffer from some type of mental instability or false impression of the world.

I'm not sure where that quote comes from, but the bold sounds far more likely of Ti/Fe than anything else and false impressions of the world would probably be Ni. It sounds like this is describing an ISTP gone wrong, not INFP. An INFP's Fi/Ne would have false theories about individualistic human behavior, not the world as a whole because Fi is not concerned with big picture hypothesis like Ni/Fe is.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not sure where that quote comes from, but the bold sounds far more likely of Ti/Fe than anything else and false impressions of the world would probably be Ni. It sounds like this is describing an ISTP gone wrong, not INFP. An INFP's Fi/Ne would have false theories about individualistic human behavior, not the world as a whole because Fi is not concerned with big picture hypothesis like Ni/Fe is.

No. This is Te wants to reaper destruction of Fi (inner morals,values,code). The chain is broken.
You miss the point. Whole world include because there is no more Ne to see possibilities since the values of Fi are destroyed. :dry:

Introverted Functions are reflective ones. There is a reason while dom Fi is the most sensitive types.
So when you hurt the Fi Te wil Teach you the the proper the lesson. ;)

This is xSTP.

This villain will improvise on the ego, but they are also capable of fulfilling long-term goals (frightening), and is usually clever enough to avoid getting captured. They will read your emotions, manipulate you and fake true emotion themselves. They are reckless and will use your environment to kill you brutally. Also, typically super coordinated.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. This is Te wants to reaper destruction of Fi (inner morals,values,code). The chain is broken.
You miss the point. Whole world include because there is no more Ne to see possibilities since the values of Fi are destroyed. :dry:

In an INFP, Te will not be used to exert the emotions of Fi onto others due to an ideology being broken, that is Ti/Fe. If Ne ceased functioning the INFP would stop theorizing about the external world altogether, it would not suddenly switch into a Ni mindset that collects outside information to form one big picture truth. That is the ISFP, not INFP.

The idea that an INFP can suddenly switch into a Te dominated ESTJ-like behavior is arguably impossible. You can talk about looking like an ISTJ and it would make sense if the INFP was looping, but an INFP trying to lead with Te will burn out very fast. The Fi-Si looping INFP will recluse and not behave in remotely the way that the above explains.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
In an INFP, Te will not be used to exert the emotions of Fi onto others due to an ideology being broken, that is Ti/Fe. If Ne ceased functioning the INFP would stop theorizing about the external world altogether, it would not suddenly switch into a Ni mindset that collects outside information to form one big picture truth. That is the ISFP, not INFP.

The idea that an INFP can suddenly switch into a Te dominated ESTJ-like behavior is arguably impossible. You can talk about looking like an ISTJ and it would make sense if the INFP was looping, but an INFP trying to lead with Te will burn out very fast. The Fi-Si looping INFP will recluse and not behave in remotely the way that the above explains.

He is completely lost. Reflection of Fi is so high and Fi-Si looping collect this energy and then ESTJ comes out. I am talking about years of looping. I am talking about demolished beautiful being. Years of spoiling tears. Years of torture. You can forget for Ne in your way. Ne is working but in some different darker ways because Fi contains all suffering of being and Si remember all and wont all pain just let go! Si fix things like Ni in ISFP. In that case Te will do things so Fi can be heel and because it is right to do. Equal punishment! INFP possess extraordinary sense of self-righteous..;)

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
maxresdefault.jpg
Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin (Gotham version), pretty much my favorite example of an INFP villain.