• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blaire White is very clearly left of center, based on her socially liberal views in race, sex, drugs, et al. It’s a shame she continues trying to appeal to a social conservative demographic. It just feels fake

She’s a grifter, like Hunter Avallone and Tim Pool. I trust very few political youtubers

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Almost every residence that had a Trump flag around me, now has an POW/MIA flag in its place. I am totally unsure as to why, Trump had the POW/MIA flag removed from the top of the WH. Just seems like a curious replacement.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If you spend most of your life in front of a mic trying to build a conservative brand, it makes a lot of sense to argue that culture war issues are important because its a lot easier to generate an emotional response talking about those issues than it is to talk about Medicaid.

Taken to an extreme level, the culture matters more than policy/politics ethos is not just bad for the quality of government, but has an anti-democratic element: people will accept policy outcomes that run contrary to their interests if you pump them full of culture war outrage.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Almost every residence that had a Trump flag around me, now has an POW/MIA flag in its place. I am totally unsure as to why, Trump had the POW/MIA flag removed from the top of the WH. Just seems like a curious replacement.

Its a short trip down the rabit hole from "patriot" to "POW" both begin with the letter p and all..:dry:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you spend most of your life in front of a mic trying to build a conservative brand, it makes a lot of sense to argue that culture war issues are important because its a lot easier to generate an emotional response talking about those issues than it is to talk about Medicaid.

Taken to an extreme level, the culture matters more than policy/politics ethos is not just bad for the quality of government, but has an anti-democratic element: people will accept policy outcomes that run contrary to their interests if you pump them full of culture war outrage.

The culture war is so exhausting. Naturally they push it because nobody would want what else they have to offer otherwise.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The culture war is so exhausting. Naturally they push it because nobody would want what else they have to offer otherwise.

Yes and Trump can be seen as the personification of the "culture matters more than policy" approach. But he was a one-term President whose party is currently seeking to make it harder for people to vote in order to hold onto power. Governing matters. What's happening in GA is a good example of why governing matters. While giving people water is now a felony and let's keep voting locations open for 15 minutes or something just as ludicrous - this should worry everyone;

The legislation authorizes the Republican-majority legislature to appoint the state election board’s majority while demoting the elected secretary of state, Georgia’s top election official, to a non-voting position.

It also allows the state board to remove local supervisors it deems derelict and replace them with individuals of its choosing.

And I don't know why this isn't being yelled from the rooftops.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
25955057df9cdd2a7912d07b96eea204.jpg
Man, cancel culture is out of control!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blaire White is very clearly left of center, based on her socially liberal views in race, sex, drugs, et al. It's a shame she continues trying to appeal to a social conservative demographic. It just feels fake

She's a grifter, like Hunter Avallone and Tim Pool. I trust very few political youtubers
Yeah, I think people like Blaire White are, thankfully, on the decline in popularity and appeal. I'm all for not being chained by ideology or labels, but it's at the point where I'm instantly skeptical of someone who describes themselves as left or liberal, but feels a compulsive need to go out of their way to market themselves as "not your typical leftist", etc. I mainly recall Dave Rubin, who started off with that very shtick, became a "classical liberal", and then finally the journey to full Trump apologist. I know what it's like, personally, because there was a time I subscribed to the "anti-SJW" strain of liberalism until I realized that was also a rabbit hole of fluffy buzzwords at best, the very thing thing accused their opponents of. It's just not intellectually self-respecting. Anecdotally, I have center-right friends, and even if there were areas we had common ground on, I'd be doing a disservice to myself and them by diluting my worldview in conversation solely for the sake of appeal or appeasement.
Lengthier than I thought, but yeah.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes and Trump can be seen as the personification of the "culture matters more than policy" approach. But he was a one-term President whose party is currently seeking to make it harder for people to vote in order to hold onto power. Governing matters. What's happening in GA is a good example of why governing matters. While giving people water is now a felony and let's keep voting locations open for 15 minutes or something just as ludicrous - this should worry everyone;

The legislation authorizes the Republican-majority legislature to appoint the state election board’s majority while demoting the elected secretary of state, Georgia’s top election official, to a non-voting position.

It also allows the state board to remove local supervisors it deems derelict and replace them with individuals of its choosing.

And I don't know why this isn't being yelled from the rooftops.

To me as an outsider all of this seems as if pushing culture war stuff will actually lose them this war. Since they are rocking the boat too hard and therefore they will probably lose votes percentage wise. if anything simply because stuff like this is excellent for pushing none voters to the polling stations (and not just in Georgia). This seems to be desperation move but this is also a move that could really backfire all over the map. However they really can't afford to lose Georgia and therefore they have to push for the stuff like this.

Also I was reading something that Mississippi could be next Georgia.
All elements are there for making the state go more and more blue, since people didn't vote in too large numbers and there are demographic changes. What can quickly make the state more competitive.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know who needs to hear this, but nobody confuses the feel of a taser and a sidearm. It's also standard now for the taser to be holstered crossdraw.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Calling Caitlyn Jenner a "transgender activist" is an insult to trans people and an insult to activists.