• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's definitely nuance here that my hyperbole overlooked, you're right. I'm just not confident that Biden will de-escalate the crime against humanity that the situation has become. But you are right, there's a difference between starting something and bringing it to a dystopian level.

I think what's going with ICE hasn't been normalized enough for there NOT to be backlash if he didn't. That, plus to fit in with their narrative about the left wanting late term abortions and being baby killers, I imagine right-wing radio and Fox news would absolutely vilify the Democrats if the policies continued as it currently stands.

That said, I'm with you in that Biden is not the answer (Elizabeth Warren was my first choice), but the idea is that hopefully a Biden presidency will at least maintain our institutions enough that we can have the structure to democratically set us on the path to the change we're aspiring to -- I think half the problem with the left is all-or-nothing idealism and unreasonable expectations muddies the water and discourages people from wanting to participate if they see they aren't getting what they want immediately. However morally right it may be, change doesn't happen quickly and/or without fight and challenging the status quo. We may never see the changes we seek in our lifetime, but so long as we take the incremental steps necessary to do so in a democratic fashion, the change will eventually come as it always has (think about the entire generation(s) gap that exists between the emancipation proclamation and the civil rights act). Does this suck? Absolutely, but unfortunately that's our reality. You want change? You're gonna have to fight for it, and it'll most likely not come quick, easy, or without setbacks. What really needs to happen is viable 3rd party options in this country to breakup the dichotomy.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here the coverage of election is growing as the last day are playing out. Plus various documentaries are added to that.
Therefore I am getting impression that here we will also get to watch election night directly (just as the last time).

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CNN: This is *exactly* how tone-deaf the Trump campaign is on Covid-19

Here's an exchange that happened between CNN's Alisyn Camerota and Trump campaign national press secretary Hogan Gidley on the same day that the United States reported its highest seven-day rolling average of cases since the start of the coronavirus pandemic:

Camerota: Well, let's talk about acting responsibly. I mean, just again with Wisconsin, are you at all concerned given that there has been an outbreak in the vice president's orbit of people around him and that there is currently an outbreak -- I mean, hospitals in Wisconsin are near capacity. And so is there -- does that give you any pause or the vice president any pause about going there and holding a big rally?

Gidley: No, it doesn't. The vice president has the best doctors in the world around him, they've obviously contact-traced and have come to the conclusion it's fine for him to be out on the campaign trail.

[...]

Camerota wasn't only asking Gidley if it was safe for Vice President Mike Pence to hold a rally at the Central Wisconsin airport on Wednesday afternoon. She was asking him whether it was safe for the thousands of attendees, given Wisconsin's emergence as a hotspot for the virus. (In the last two weeks, according to data from The New York Times, Covid-19 cases have surged 46% in Wisconsin, deaths from the virus are up 113% and hospitalizations are up 41%.)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm beginning to think me and [MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] might be quite similar when we both considered Warren and he brings up the "third party" (lobbyists/special interests/etc.) XD

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Has she had work done?

This is why it's never astounding to me that there are women find Trump attractive - claiming to be a billionaire no one has ever seen evidence of. That's what matters to the right - certainly not competence or ability or any sort of moral compass (although they're always screaming about yours.) They're husks.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is why it's never astounding to me that there are women find Trump attractive - claiming to be a billionaire no one has ever seen evidence of. That's what matters to the right - certainly not competence or ability or any sort of moral compass (although they're always screaming about yours.) They're husks.

I could care less if she’s had work, it was asked out of curiosity to why he compared her to Kayleigh who he somehow sees as more ideal or natural.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's what matters to the right - certainly not competence or ability or any sort of moral compass (although they're always screaming about yours.) They're husks.
They really are.

a67b4e0c683b3dee03293fa6a145b98c.png

6a88729d61075a4ddfc5a2a744c25908.png

They don't even have enough going on upstairs to pretend to be adults. If you throw tantrums at the drop of a hat and you're not even smart enough to lie better than most 13 year old kids, there's probably a place for you somewhere in the Trump administration.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Polls Show Trump-Biden Racial Gap Is Shrinking - The New York Times

under spoiler for those who need:

I know I saw articles on and off during the campaign where minorities were complaining about the Democrats having spent years baiting them to vote for them for change, only to change nothing, but I'm not quite sure voting Trump is a solution to this. At the same time, most have told me growing up you have to send a message somehow. Perhaps they're trying to do this? I suppose I'm attempting to rationalize this shift. It is interesting to say the least. I don't think it will threaten Biden's win. The article has some data charts as well so.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
And the logic used to draw that conclusion was what? You would have done well living in the Jim Crow era.
Do you ever get tired of being contentious and hostile? I feel like every time I begin to consider left wing values and perspectives as something other than a toxic cesspool someone always spouts something off that reminds me what a cult of hate y'all have going and I regain my senses.

I feel like liberals currently have a choice. They can go with their traditional values of freedom of expression, freedom of debate/discussion, the sanctity of the individual, etc, and actually treat human beings as human beings- or they can forfeit their individual brains, surrender to the borg or The Thing, castigate anyone who isn't as "evil," and retreat into a bigoted authoritarian echo chamber completely divorced from opposing views or reality while seething at the outside world and patting one another on the back for being supremely moral.

Its funny, because you can actually watch people on the left making this choice in real time. Particularly on the forum here.

Jaguar

Trump Tweet said:
A 3 day extension for Pennsylvania is a disaster for our Nation, and for Pennsylvania itself. The Democrats are trying to steal this Election. We have to get out and VOTE in even larger numbers. The Great Red Wave is coming!!!

I see, but it's okay for the Nation when many states run by Republican governors extend their counting to 3 days and longer. Fuck yourself. Thanks.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just confused, Lauren Chen doesn't reallylook like the other pinup girls of the alt right.

Is that Southern you posted? Which one is that? I'm not really into the whole blonde nazi housewife look.

It's not Lauren Southern, I don't know who it is. But deviating from the Aryan identity/appearance is probably very verboten.

Maybe it's Tomi Lahren? Or Eric's wife?

Do you suppose their husbands/boyfriends ever bring the wrong one home? How would they even know?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Percentage of the whole 2016 vote.
States above 40%.

Hawaii: 104%
Texas: 95%
Montana: 85.8%
New Mexico: 83.1%
Tennessee: 82.9%
Oregon: 82.4%
Georgia: 82.3%
Washington 82.1%
North Carolina: 81.1%
Arizona: 80.4%
Nevada: 77.5%
Florida: 77.1%
New Jersey: 74.4%
Vermont: 73.8%
Colorado: 72.8%
Kentucky: 65.7%
Utah: 65.3%
Massachusetts 62.4%
North Dakota 58.1%
California: 58%
Virginia: 57.9%
Maryland: 56.3%
Wisconsin: 55.2%
Maine: 54%
Iowa: 53.8%
Rhode island: 50.8%
Michigan: 50.3%
South Carolina 51.1%
Rhode island: 50.8%
Nebraska: 50.6%
Indiana: 49.2%
Illinois: 49.2%
Louisiana: 47.2%
Kansas 46.3%
Ohio 43.8%
South Dakota: 40.2%
Minnesota: 40%

However if this is fully true it is really opening some big questions.
In some states the turn out is quite large, it is so large that some states even in early vote will surpass the whole 2016 vote (or at least they will be close to the whole 2016). What means that election day will probably rise this to 130 or 150% or 2016. What is huge boost in turnout for certain sates, out of which many are actually battlegrounds. But the polls are kinda made for the standard likely voter and if this many extra people are showing up that means that the polls could miss for quite a bit. Especially since this is opening the question of what made all these people to suddenly vote. There are probably many reasons but kinda the obvious main candidate for this is COVID (or perhaps supreme court changes to some degree). What kinda indicates that all this people are coming out mostly to vote against the incumbent. I mean in the case that they like him they would have shown up in 2016 or 2018. What means that there could be a map that doesn't really look as the ones people got used over the last 20 year. Since the circumstances are quite different, as well as the voting process itself. What should effect not only federal level but various local levels as well. I mean if on the 2016 states you add extra 10 to 30 points of blue that is kinda ... the brave new world.

So if the numbers are true this could really really be a big deal.
Maybe I watch this in a wrong way but I am not sure how else to interpret this and the media are talking about record early turnouts. :shrug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Therefore I don't know how they on 538 got to the idea that Trump has only 12% (some other sources have even smaller percentage). I mean the main problem are margins, Biden could have a landslide but with plenty of very narrowly won states. Therefore if margins move 2 points into the red because of polling error or whatever this will quickly become toss up election. Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa. All minor difference and all of that can be gone quickly. So the real barrier is Pennsylvania, where early voting isn't the best and Trump is gaining in polling average. Therefore in the case that there is no pretty blue Michigan and Wisconsin there should be a severe cause for concern. But this way some of the closest states will hopefully go to Biden and that will spill the glass for him. However Democrats are indeed kinda too comfortable if we judge by the numbers. Especially since national lead isn't how this game works.

Where are you getting that from?

Pennsylvania sees record early voting turnout

538 shows Biden as pretty stable there. The Battleground States Where We’ve Seen Some Movement In The Polls | FiveThirtyEight

It's now a week before the election. Yesterday was the four year anniversary of Comey's dumbass letter.

Obviously, I don't know for certain, and I could be wrong, but I'd put money on Biden winning at this point. If you asked me a year ago if I'd be saying that about a Biden-Trump matchup, I'd say you were crazy. I was certain that Biden winning the primaries would mean Trump would win a second term. I have said so many times, both here and elsewhere. But COVID has really made GOP incompetence front and center for people in a very tangible way. It's really changed the game. It's made Biden's appeal for a "return to normal" (as bogus as that might be) seem much more palatable to people. I think the October surprise this time was Trump getting Covid. He got owned, and even though he may personally recover from that, it looks increasingly like his reelection won't.

This doesn't feel at all like 2016 (or 2004) for me. I'm not seeing the silence folks had in 2016 while right-wingers cheered Trump on. To me it seems like there's much more enthusiasm on the Democratic side this time around. I thought Biden would be another John Kerry. He isn't, though. Thank God, I really don't want to see Biden windsurf with his hairy legs that turn blond in the sun.