• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where in the world can I go for wellness?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Summer 2019, I'd like to retreat somewhere else that will focus on making me mentally healthier--especially less exhausted and scattered all the time. I'm not sure what this place is, but its bound to exist...either some buddhist monastary in the orient or some quiet mountain or something...I feel sick and need healing and western style treatment has failed me.

Metis

Summer 2019, I'd like to retreat somewhere else that will focus on making me mentally healthier--especially less exhausted and scattered all the time. I'm not sure what this place is, but its bound to exist...either some buddhist monastary in the orient or some quiet mountain or something...I feel sick and need healing and western style treatment has failed me.

Why not go on a backpacking trip with people who have plenty of experience but won't expect you to (unless you do)?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why not go on a backpacking trip with people who have plenty of experience but won't expect you to (unless you do)?

I have no experience and wouldn't know where to find those people. It's a good idea, though. I'm looking for something that will cure this exhaustion. Even stopping a week and resting only slightly makes things better--it doesn't cure it.

Metis

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Price is one of the reasons I recommended backpacking, and the other is that it requires you to be active rather than passive, but in a more relaxing way perhaps than work and regular daily life.

You can backpack flatter terrains than mountains.

I found this group on meetup.com:
Shreveport Mental Health Recovery Group (Shreveport, LA) | Meetup

I'll join it since its along the lines of something I'd be into.

Thank you for the website.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It looks like that group disbanded and there are no other groups like it in 50 miles.

You could contact people from the group to see if they are still interested in meeting. Or if they know if there's another group like it more locally.

Lark

I'd like to find out about some one of the spas that these celebrities go to and appear again about four stone lighter, toned and totally celebrity level of beauty and health.

The transformations these people appear to be able to facilitate are unreal and I am willing to pay top dollar but it all seems to be something that's pretty much a trade secret or something.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The place is as close to you as you are, but as far away and inaccessible as you believe it to be...

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe climbing a mountain is too much, but have you considered camping? There are campgrounds all over, and you can be as social or not as you like. Even if its just for a weekend, the simplicity of it is quite therapeutic, at least for me. I like to take simple foods, things that can easily be cooked over or next to a fire. Staring into a fire at night satisfies the primitive self and promotes peaceful introspection. That's my opinion. Hopefully you find it helpful.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I already do it. There is a single expensive therapist I go to and I also see a psychiatrist, but the regular medical route hasn't been helping. I figured adding psychotherapy would help, but its about as effective as the dozens of medicines I have taken over the years--not effective and may even be making things worse. There are no other therapists or psychiatrists in a 5 hour drive.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yosemite or Yellowstone. I have found both places to be both peaceful and rejuvenating....

.....BUT if you don't have a lot of money, then somewhere outdoors near where you live that is quiet and pretty to look at

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx