• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Religious Imagination and Self Respect

Mole

Permabanned
The religious imagination knows not evidence nor reason, so no wonder their origin stories of the universe differ so widely, and differ so widely from Astrophysics.

And we know the sleep of reason brings forth monsters, and religion is asleep at the wheel of reason.

Our religion here, the religion of mbti is The New Age, which knows not reason nor evidence, the better to fantisise freely. And the price we pay.is self respect.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The religious imagination knows not evidence nor reason, so no wonder their origin stories of the universe differ so widely, and differ so widely from Astrophysics.
Of course they differ from astrophysics. They are intended to answer different questions. But they are not as dissimilar as you think. Go read Joseph Campbell.

Of course they differ from astrophysics. They are intended to answer different questions. But they are not as dissimilar as you think. Go read Joseph Campbell.
Widen his perspective? In his world we’re closed-minded simpletons and he’s the guru, high atop his mountain of enlightenment. However, it’s quite easy to lose perspective of what’s happening beneath the clouds.

There’s my fortune cookie wisdom for today, grasshoppers.

Mole

Permabanned

I devoured. Joseph Campbell's books. My favourite is "Creatlve Mythology".

Mole

Permabanned
Widen his perspective? In his world we're closed-minded simpletons and he's the guru, high atop his mountain of enlightenment. However, it's quite easy to lose perspective of what's happening beneath the clouds. There's my fortune cookie wisdom for today, grasshoppers.

G'day. Simpleton, you do a nice line in sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

G'day. Simpleton, you do a nice line in scarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

Highest form of intelligence- yes as with every interaction with you- it’s the same old tired shit, Mole. And my sarcasm doesn’t change the fact that I’m right.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thats like saying certain types of people don't think, and I find it very prejudice to make such assumptions about religious people.

Mole

Permabanned
The religious imagination meets its apotheosis in in the scientific hypothesis.

The religious imagimatky is based on fantasy, while the scientific hypothesis is based on evidence and reason and established fact.

The religious imagination can't be falsified, while the scientific hypothesis can be falsified.

For instance, the fantasy. that our God with three heads, the Trinity, created the universe, can't be falsified, while the accelerating expansion of the universe, can be falsified.