• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Orwell/Zamyatin vs Huxley: Who Was Right? Both?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course I don't want to scare people, it's probably pretty frightening to most people. It's erosion in human rights though that are often overlooked if not completely ignored by the general public and in fact more then anything it seems like at least from my own personal experiences that they "like" it, so I have no idea what the appropriate response would be to all of this.

I think it's also sort of the opposite in that it's supposed "liberalism" that is actually what is contributing the most to the push into a more totalitarian-esque type of situation. The media, big business and I would wager partially the educational system (institutions) are all clamping down on what is socially acceptable forms of thought or opinions, whilst any divergence from this is obviously shunned.

But this is obviously largely in part to that fact that it goes along with all of the neo-liberal polices that are continually implemented and moved forward. Things like internationalists only go hand in hand with it and are a part of that specific agenda. I think a lot of it's partially to due with the people itself, whilst politicians exceedingly try to tweak a social environment that leads to those kinds of feelings I think. There's just like no dissent anymore. It all seems strange just how much people have gone out of their way to make someone like Trump look so badly (how often do people slam and criticize him by saying he is for sure a serious narcissistic, the media as well?) but yet many others go seemingly unscathed. It just seems odd to me how at the same time he opposes these neo-liberal principles, and talks about people who have been "left out" in the cold". There is often very little concern or sympathy to be shown; and thus is all very obvious what is happening here. Obviously I imagined that many politicians and those in power realized they could use the guise of "liberalism" to continually push an agenda on the outset whilst portraying themselves as "good politicians" (because liberalism is always good)

It's very obvious too, when you look at the media just in the U.S. for example, they at least used to celebrate being "working class" where as now, such a thing doesn't even exist anymore. I don't think real creative expression hardly exists either, it's more or less just coldly calculated business ventures into "fashion" "image"