• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you story yourself?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh yeah. Totally do this.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
That's an interesting distinction that I had not considered. Thanks.

So, please help me to understand. Which M/B types are Ni/Se users, and which are the Ne/Si users? I am not sure that I know of any, but if you could give me some type names (either M/B or Socionics), I think I could figure this out and grasp the distinction you are making.

Your post is dripping with sarcasm. All the better...

In JCF theory, each type has two information-processing functions which work in tandem - Ni and Se, or Ne and Si. Even though one always plays a dominant role. So for example if you are a Ni dom/aux user, your Ni is engaged through Se (sensations in the environment). A Ni user has a very different experience of intuition to a Ne user. Ne users do not have the directional, unconscious experiences a Ni user has. A Ne user has his iNtution orientated outwards. This is why you are wrong to generalise. There isn't just one type of iNtuitive and they're hard to mistake for one another if you actually talk to them.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your post is dripping with sarcasm. All the better...

In JCF theory, each type has two information-processing functions which work in tandem - Ni and Se, or Ne and Si. Even though one always plays a dominant role. So for example if you are a Ni dom/aux user, your Ni is engaged through Se (sensations in the environment). A Ni user has a very different experience of intuition to a Ne user. Ne users do not have the directional, unconscious experiences a Ni user has. A Ne user has his iNtution orientated outwards. This is why you are wrong to generalise. There isn't just one type of iNtuitive and they're hard to mistake for one another if you actually talk to them.

Excellent. I'll look into JCF theory. Thanks. Undoubtedly, Ni doms and Ne doms will show marked differences. I think my confusion may stem from my growing, but as yet underdeveloped, understanding of Socionics, under which theory an Ne dom would have Ni as its ignoring function (powerful, but subconscious). An Ne dom has powerful Ni, but that person is unaware (consciously) of their powerful Ni. That person will just employ it unconsciously and will not often "recognize" it when that person or others use Ni. The reverse would hold true for an Ni dom (strong but unconscious and undervalued Ne). So, according to Socionics, one's dominant function kind of works in tandem with one's ignoring function. I have both strong Fe, for example, and strong Fi (I just value and can consciously deploy my Fe whereas my Fi is strong but unconscious). Nevertheless, I will check out JCF theory. I have been hanging out in my role function (Te) for some time now. A little more research will simply broaden my understanding.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like doing this, and don't want to do it - I think it's too easy to get caught up in any 'story' and then end up having blinders on, or think anything outside your 'story' isn't you or isn't possible. ie if someone has the story of being super awesome with people, they may not even try something technical. Or, someone tells a story that they are a misfit and will never find a place in the world- well, they won't, if they story themselves that way! It seems all about self fulfilling prophecies. And then expecting others to conform to your 'story', like [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] said.

I'm sure I do it to some degree though, also like Lark mentioned, absolutely zero story could be super detrimental and leave someone completely floundering and with no sense of identity.

I guess I just have no desire to become 'attached' to a particular story?

Radian

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see my life as a series of short stories, not a continuous narrative. Even as a kid I would think of my eyes as a video camera and act like I was filming my experience for a TV show. I'd be narrating it in my mind.

this! I'm more like one of those Disney/D-Junior/CN/Nickelodeon shows' protagonists where I took moral values every 'episode'. Even though I'm telling my whole life I would still tell/write it in short words and/or paragraphs. I'm focused on telling current events.