• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your worldview

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Integrative.

I’ll skip posting the breakdown, since it’s already up.

Scored lowest on Traditional, as expected.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Frost, I’m starting to suspect you’ve hired yourself as my one-woman 80’s music personal entourage. . . :laugh:
(though this song was late 70s, I think)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Frost, I’m starting to suspect you’ve hired yourself as my one-woman 80’s music personal entourage. . .
(though this song was late 70s, I think)

Well I have to keep the spirit of this music alive with those elderly enough to appreciate it!

:harhar:

(But ps... I like Tom Petty. Hes pretty fly)

Im VERY good at my job!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I have to keep the spirit of this music alive with those elderly enough to appreciate it!

:harhar:

(But ps... I like Tom Petty. Hes pretty fly)

Im VERY good at my job!

One of those things in life you never thought you needed until you’ve got it.

Be sure to forward the bill to the mod-box, of course. There’s probably a company card that’ll pay for it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for taking the worldview test!

The test is based on extensive academic research and has been shown to generate fairly consistent results. You can find more information about the research here.

Here are your results:

The worldview you identify with most is called modern. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 14 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of 15 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

@Starry its your turn

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Shocking!

The worldview you identify with most is called traditional. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 8 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

The worldview you identify with least is called modern. You have a total score of 10 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

Are you religious?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
The worldview you identify with most is called integrative. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 7 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of 10 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The worldview you identify with most is called integrative.
The worldview you identify with least is called traditional.

Interesting. I'm not at all surprised that I identify least with a traditional worldview. I am a bit surprised about the integrative worldview.

Tater

Most:integrative.
Least:traditional.
Probably integrative>modern>postmodern>traditional.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Thank you for taking the worldview test!

The test is based on extensive academic research and has been shown to generate fairly consistent results. You can find more information about the research here.

Here are your results:

The worldview you identify with most is called integrative. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 7 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

You also scored quite high on the modern worldview. You have a total score of 5 on this worldview.

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of 10 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

Learn about your dominant, integrative worldview, here.

There is great power in knowing your worldview! Not as a label to put on yourself, but in the sense of exploring the set of assumptions that guide you in your day-to-day life. As the ancient Greeks already taught centuries ago: "know thyself!""

If you enjoyed learning about your worldview, please share the test with your friends on Facebook and other platforms!

Thank you for being curious about your worldview!

With warm regards,
Annick de Witt

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most: Modern

Least: Traditional

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The worldview you identify with most is called integrative. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 8 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

You also scored quite high on the postmodern worldview. You have a total score of 5 on this worldview.

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of -14 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

Honeydew

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFJ
The worldview you identify with most is called integrative. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 9 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

You also scored quite high on the postmodern worldview. You have a total score of 8 on this worldview.

The worldview you identify with least is called modern. You have a total score of -11 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

Integrative worldviews

People with integrative worldviews generally try to bring together and synthesize elements or domains that in other worldviews are viewed as mutually exclusive, such as science and spirituality, rationality and imagination, economy and ecology, humanity and nature ~ domains that in the West have been in conflict for centuries. In this worldview, such opposing perspectives or domains are understood “on a deeper level” to be part of a greater whole or synthesis.

The view of reality is of a great interconnected whole, which is both spiritual and physical ~ a larger consciousness or divine reality uniting all the separate elements of our experience. The divine is both immanent and transcendent: God is in the world, and the world is in God. The process of (biological) evolution is frequently understood as driven by a creative spirit or divine force.

Such a holistic perspective results in “both-and” rather than “either-or” thinking, which can lead to great social, cultural, economic, and technological innovations. It may also lead to a profound sense of connection with nature, and an understanding of earthly life as imbued with consciousness or “spirit.” Nature tends to be seen as having intrinsic value and spiritual significance.

The individual is prominent in this worldview, and there often is a great focus on the development or evolution of one’s “higher self” or full human potential (e.g., through spiritual or other practices). Universal, existential concerns ~ such as life and death, self-actualization, global awareness, and serving society, humanity, or even “life” at large ~ are often of central importance.

Great values of the integrative worldview:

Overcoming dualisms/polarities often results in innovation and effective communication
Commitment to universal, existential values and concerns
Works on ‘self’, is highly self-reflexive

Strong appreciation for, and connection to, nature (and even existence as a whole).

Room for growth for the integrative worldview:

A focus on inner changes may result in a lack of commitment to engage in political or worldly issues
There may be little willingness to sacrifice, and the demands on life tend to be high (“I want it all!”).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most: Integrative 12
Least: Traditional -8

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The worldview you identify with most is called integrative. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 6 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "most agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "least agreed" with this worldview.)

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of -13 on this worldview. (This score is calculated by counting the times you "least agreed" with this worldview, subtracted by the times you "most agreed" with this worldview.)

Not a surprise to me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if there’s any correlation to big 5 traits like openness and conscientiousness

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Most: Postmodern (8)
Least: Traditional (-9)

Postmodern worldviews

People with postmodern worldviews tend to acknowledge and value multiple perspectives on reality. They are aware that people see life very differently, and that all these different perspectives are valuable. In this view, truth is thus relative, contextual, and subjective (e.g., informed by moral, emotional, and artistic dimensions), rather than being objective as modern science claims.

The view of reality is diverse and undefined, characterized by uncertainty and ambiguity. The postmodern’s capacity to see and validate multiple perspectives can lead to an intense relativism, in which reality or truth itself is contested: because we all have a different perspective on reality, reality in itself does not exist. Frequently, these people either adhere to a liberal (interpretation of their) religion or spirituality, or display an agnostic attitude, saying that “we don’t know” whether there is a divine being, force, or reality.

As the name reveals, postmodern worldviews tend to define themselves in opposition to modernity, frequently resulting in a critical attitude towards the modern model of society (e.g., emphasis on material progress, modern science and technology, capitalism). According to this perspective, quality of life cannot be found in merely material comfort and pleasures. Instead, postmodernists often emphasize “post-material” values, like creativity, uniqueness, authenticity, imagination, feeling, and intuition.

Quality of life is also fought for in public life. This is reflected in the rise of social movements since particularly the 1960’s, which promote, among others, peace, feminism, gay rights, and the environment. There is a strong emphasis on the unique, expressive individual. Yet many of the prime concerns of postmodernists are of a social nature: the well-being of the community is important, and this community includes “other” people, different from one’s own religion, race, class, or group. Diversity, heterogeneity, pluralism, and multiculturalism are celebrated.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's what I got :smoke:

The worldview you identify with most is called modern. Out of 17 questions, you have a total score of 9 on this worldview.

People with modern worldviews tend to emphasize rationality, science, logic, and critical thinking, and they often question imposed views from (religious) traditions and the past. To do something "because we have always done it" is not an argument for moderns. Science is often seen as the ultimate ~ and sometimes even exclusive ~ source of reliable knowledge: it is theway to find out what is real and true.

The vision of reality tends to be (philosophically) materialistic: there is nothing beyond what we can observe with the senses and their extensions (e.g., microscopes). Life is a product of random, unconscious evolutionary processes, and the existence of a higher power, divine reality, or intangible dimension is frequently rejected. This creates a separation between humans as conscious subjects in a world of unconscious objects, as well as between mind and body.

This separation tends to lead to immense scientific, technological, social, and economic progress. Simultaneously, it facilitates the exploitation of nature. As nature is no longer seen as something with spirit or intelligence, or as a larger order we need to adapt to, it becomes an object we use for our own purposes: a tree is timber, and man is the measure of all things. In response to environmental and societal challenges, science and technology are generally seen as the solutions.
The focus is on the individual rather than on the community: people have pride in making it on their own, and being independent and 'self-made'. Moderns tend to be driven to perform and achieve professionally, and the joy in life is predominantly found in material pleasures. Individualistic and hedonistic values ~ such as autonomy, freedom, success, performance, social recognition, material comfort, and fun ~ are usually dominant.

Great values of the modern worldview:

• Rationality, critical thinking
  • Stimulation of individual creativity, achievement, and enterprise
  • Sense of universal human rights and human dignity; spirit of democracy and fairness
  • Commitment to scientific, technological, and economic progress

The worldview you identify with least is called traditional. You have a total score of -14 on this worldview.