• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inglehart Political ideology selector

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Inglehart Political ideology selector, a SelectSmart.com Politics selector. Ask about my top result.

I've posted something about this in the politics thread, but now I've managed to find a test that places you into one of areas. Here's the map [MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION] posted:

Cultural_map_WVS4_1996.jpg

As expected, I get

1. Protestant European (e.g. Sweden, Germany)- value secularism and self-expression (100%)

2.Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (83%)

3.East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (83%)

4.Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (66%)

5.Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (66%)

6.Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (66%)

7.Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (50%)

8.South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (50%)

9.Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (33%)

P.S.Not quite sure the way the test describes the areas is accurate.

Lark

NI is founded as a protestant state for a protestant people and its doing a great impression of one right up to and including today, the ROI is on the far, far outreaches of liberal self-expressive secularism, I'm serious, you will not find a more out and out homosexual and religion/God hating place in the entire world today than you will in the ROI. Both societies are welcome to and well deserve the labels of anglo-saxon.

With any luck at all neither will endure much longer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd like to visit Ireland someday. I think it would be be cool to check out County Tipperary, where my grandmother's family is from.

Protestant European (e.g. Sweden, Germany)- value secularism and self-expression (100%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (87%)
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (82%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (74%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (69%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (64%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (56%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (51%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (38%)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Protestant European (e.g. Sweden, Germany)- value secularism and self-expression (100%)
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (94%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (94%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (89%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (87%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (74%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (69%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (66%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (54%)

á´…eparted

passages
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (93%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (87%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (77%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (71%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (65%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (55%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (49%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (43%)

Except I'd probably be miserable in 1/2 the countries in Protestant Europe.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (92%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (84%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (81%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (73%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (65%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (63%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (55%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (47%)​

[...] value secularism and [...]

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Western Europe (100%). Awesome, because I already live there.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (90%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (81%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (80%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (71%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (63%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (62%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (53%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (43%)

Jaguar

I'm serious, you will not find a more out and out homosexual and religion/God hating place in the entire world today than you will in the ROI.

Oh, the horror of it all . . .

Protestant European 100%.

Jaguar

I wasn't saying "Oh, the horror of it all" because of the protestant result I got. I was saying it to you because of the obsessive, homosexual stuff you posted. I'm tired of it.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Protestant European (100%) > Anglo-Saxon > East Asian

Lark

I wasn't saying "Oh, the horror of it all" because of the protestant result I got. I was saying it to you because of the obsessive, homosexual crap you posted. Get the fuck over it, already. I'm tired of it.

I'll grant you I take the bait too often, its a shame you dont complain about the people doing the baiting so much.

Also I dont care what you're tired of. You'll find that's your problem.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Play nice, boys.

It's all right to disagree, just don't go beating on each other with mean sticks. I was just going along reading this thread, when bang, crash, bam, it got all hostile.

I like you both. Don't want to see you being ugly to each other. So, just let it go.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My results:

East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (99%)

Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (98%)

Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (98%)

Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (97%)

Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (96%)

South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (96%)

Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (96%)

Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (95%)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Link: Inglehart Political ideology selector

See other people's top results.
East Asian (e.g. China, Japan)- value secularism and some self-expression (86%)
Anglo-Saxon (e.g. USA, Ireland)- value some secularism and self-expression (83%)
Orthodox European (e.g. Russia, Romania)- value secularism and survivalism (73%)
Catholic European (e.g. France, Portugal)- value some secularism and some self-expression (69%)
Latin American (e.g. Brazil, Mexico)- value traditionalism and self-expression (66%)
South Asian (e.g. India, Indonesia)- value some secularism and survivalism (56%)
Arab (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria)- value traditionalism and some self-expression (53%)
Sub-Saharan African (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe)- value traditionalism and survivalism (39%)