• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your instincts?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I think very accurate for me. I would also add that I think the intensity makes many people uncomfortable when they get glimpses of it. Certainly many people feel uncomfortable with someone seeking to get under their mask. But for me, if I can get past the mask, I get bored with the other person and move on.

What is your Ennagram type?

It certainly is true that the IPS can scare people.
I think there's room for a lot of confusion and disappointment between and IPS and a SPI. The IPS may interpret the SPI's generally accommodating behavior as a personally directed sign of interest. This interests the IPS, and so the IPS locks on in the way they typically do. Of course, the SPI is horrified and unprepared by this development, and retreats.

Sad story. :(

heart

heart on fire
What is your Ennagram type?

It certainly is true that the IPS can scare people.
I think there's room for a lot of confusion and disappointment between and IPS and a SPI. The IPS may interpret the SPI's generally accommodating behavior as a personally directed sign of interest. This interests the IPS, and so the IPS locks on in the way they typically do. Of course, the SPI is horrified and unprepared by this development, and retreats.

Sad story. :(

Yes, I think you are exactly right. :D It is a particularly painful and confusing crash and burn type of interaction. A big part of what led me into trying to understand myself better through MBTI.

I come out 5 w 4 most of the time.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I come out 5 w 4 most of the time.

Ahah! That makes sense. That really emphasizes the fascination aspect of being Intimate. It explains the desire to move-on once you have unmasked your subject..

heart

heart on fire
Ahah! That makes sense. That really emphasizes the fascination aspect of being Intimate. It explains the desire to move-on once you have unmasked your subject..

I made a typo I think before, I move if I can't unmask a person. I have no interest in continuing with someone who wants to present a facade to me even in one on one situations. I actually don't like this about myself, but I will find myself losing interest.

If someone shows me their real face, I find them intensely interesting in all their various colors and shades and continue to do so. Sorry about the typo. For some reason I am leaving off words and such lately, like my mind is ready to move on before my hands. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I made a typo I think before, I move if I can't unmask a person. I have no interest in continuing with someone who wants to present a facade to me even in one on one situations. I actually don't like this about myself, but I will find myself losing interest.

If someone shows me their real face, I find them intensely interesting in all their various colors and shades and continue to do so. Sorry about the typo. For some reason I am leaving off words and such lately, like my mind is ready to move on before my hands. :D

Hahaha. I guess you are not as unhealthy as some. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there really no one with self-preservation at the bottom?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably not at this board. I think it takes a strong sense of self to be interested in MBTI. jmo.

Well, I have at least one friend that is a SIP who really knows the MBTI and the Enneagram.

LucrativeSid

Sexual ||||||||| 26%
Social ||||||||||||||| 50%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

Even though I don't crave close emotional connections with people, I think I make up for it with other aspects of who I am and what I can contribute. A strong minded and independent person can have just as much of a positive impact on other people as a caring and tender individual. It all equals out. Someone with a high sexual instinct might be a great counselor or nurse, while someone with a high self preservation instinct might be a great president, hunter, or CEO. Or, anybody can do anything, and they can do it well if they decide to.

ygolo

My termites win
Sexual |||||||||||||||||| 54%
Social ||||||||| 26%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Social |||||||||||| 38%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sexual - 58%
Social - 58%
Self Preservation - 62%

Jae Rae

Valeria

MBTI Type
INTP
Sexual ||||||||| 22%
Social ||||||||||||||| 42%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Social |||||||||||||||||| 58%
Self Preservation |||||||||||| 38%

Does that make me ISP? o_O

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Sexual ||||||||||||||| 42%
Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
:shocking: 70% for both self preservationist and social and 22% sexual :)dry: Isn't that one funny? :tongue:)

how can you be both self preservationist and social? :huh:
sp/soc

This type is generally private and reserved, and especially serious and practical minded in their focus to gain material security and in making useful connections that support their goals. When they do form a connection, loyalty is very important to them and they will not hesitate to end a relationship on grounds of disloyalty. This type may lack a certain degree of interpersonal warmth which can give the impression of coldness or disinterest in others, even a sense of selfishness. May be drawn to groups that attract like minded individuals, as in business clubs or volunteer organizations where a shared professional culture can facilitate social bonds. They tend to live conservatively and dress in an inconspicuously appropriate fashion befitting their status in life. May have a characteristically blunt and direct style of communication that can take others some getting used to. They are particularly strong in matters of commitment and sacrifice, and enjoy being the benefactors in assisting society's practical needs.

soc/sp

This type is often the most comfortable in group settings, but tends to be a bit formal and awkward in one to one relations. This is the natural political type, affiliating themselves with groups or theories which best defend their social and material interests. They may lack warmth and individual identity and this could lead to problems in forming meaningful relationships outside of a shared social interest. The motivation for this type is to attain status within their chosen sphere - the "social climber."
However in combination with your type can give you a definite flavor. I remain suspect as to whether wing comes in to play when you consider variants.