• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite and least favorite types? Please explain.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you elaborate upon this? In general I have found type to override gender, especially for NT/NF types, but that is just my own experience. I wonder if that sense of "going better" comes simply from the the mismatch between traditional gender expectations and common type characteristics, specifically for NTJ or more broadly T women, and NFJ or more broadly F men.
Socionics provides different descriptions based on gender, even if the type is the same.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics provides different descriptions based on gender, even if the type is the same.
What is their basis for this, and how do they decide what should go into each description beyond the common type characteristics? I have never seen much value in socionics, so have not researched it as deeply as other systems.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is their basis for this, and how do they decide what should go into each description beyond the common type characteristics? I have never seen much value in socionics, so have not researched it as deeply as other systems.
I don't know. But I have found the descriptions quite fitting when comparing an ESFJ man to an ESFJ woman for instance.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. But I have found the descriptions quite fitting when comparing an ESFJ man to an ESFJ woman for instance.
I am not surprised to hear of a more noticeable difference with these types (assuming rough correspondence to MBTI types) as SJs supposedly are inclined to follow tradition/status quo, so may be more likely to observe traditional gender role distinctions.

rav3n

I have met good and bad examples of most types. Really. People shouldn't be categorized based on their typing alone.

I am in love with NF, SF, and NJ types, though. Especially ENFJs, ISFPs (especially the females), and ENFPs. I just love them so much. Especially ENFJs! A bit too much for my liking perhaps. :blush: The ENFJ personality is just so alluring and attractive, and they usually know how to make you feel comfortable so easily. Their mindsets are beautiful as well. I really admire each one of them. :wubbie:

I don't want to say they are my least preferred, because I'm not really keen on making anyone feel bad about themselves, but I have noticed a lot of conflicts and disagreement between myself and INTJ females. They usually come off too bossy, pushy, and dominant for my liking. The ones I have met don't seem too fond of one showing too much "sensitivity", and are quick to give you a beating for it, too. You see, emotionality might be an INFP's most intense and noticeable characteristic, so tension is pre-programmed whenever I am in a room with one. I just never know how to behave without irritating them, and that, on the other hand, irritates me. They are too controlled and blunt. Not good for my dreamy and idealistic self. Though I really appreciate an INTJ's honesty and strong mind. That's actually really fascinating. They can tell you exactly what you don't want to hear, and I respect the bravery and confidence you need in order to be able to do that. I have also noticed that INTJ males are different than their female counterparts. I think certain types just go better with a certain gender. ESTPs aren't really my cup of tea either. I like ISTP guys though.
You know that F and feeling functions =/= emotions, right? The F and T dichotomy and functions are rational decision making functions. Where they differ is that F looks to values to decision make and T looks to logic to decision make. Emotions are absent from the MBTI paradigm.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not surprised to hear of a more noticeable difference with these types (assuming rough correspondence to MBTI types) as SJs supposedly are inclined to follow tradition/status quo, so may be more likely to observe traditional gender role distinctions.
That's an aspect of it, sure. Why don't you read on your own type gender descriptions and say what you think: Socionics Type Profiles by Beskova - Wikisocion (INTp in Socionics is INTJ). These male/female descriptions are quite intuitive, but I do value them. Seems like they might have messed up the formatting, though.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's an aspect of it, sure. Why don't you read on your own type gender descriptions and say what you think: Socionics Type Profiles by Beskova - Wikisocion (INTp in Socionics is INTJ). These male/female descriptions are quite intuitive, but I do value them. Seems like they might have messed up the formatting, though.
These descriptions are quite unbalanced. The female one goes on at great length about children and family, while the male one says nothing on the subject, not even to explain that a male of this type wouldn't be interested in such things. For what it's worth, I have always found the INTj description closer to myself, notwithstanding the supposed p/j difference in the two systems. I don't see that much difference in the male and female descriptions of that type. The differences that are there seem to come more from what the author wants to comment on rather than any significant differences in males and females of the subject types.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These descriptions are quite unbalanced. The female one goes on at great length about children and family, while the male one says nothing on the subject, not even to explain that a male of this type wouldn't be interested in such things. For what it's worth, I have always found the INTj description closer to myself, notwithstanding the supposed p/j difference in the two systems. I don't see that much difference in the male and female descriptions of that type. The differences that are there seem to come more from what the author wants to comment on rather than any significant differences in males and females of the subject types.
When it comes to your type, I agree. The descriptions weren't very good. I recommend checking out the rest of Socionics however, it is superior to MBTI in many ways in my mind.

Eftelya

Could you elaborate upon this? In general I have found type to override gender, especially for NT/NF types, but that is just my own experience. I wonder if that sense of "going better" comes simply from the the mismatch between traditional gender expectations and common type characteristics, specifically for NTJ or more broadly T women, and NFJ or more broadly F men.

Sure.
I should have explained myself better in the first place, I guess.
Though, English isn't my first language, so explaining can surely be a bit... challenging at times. Pardon me in advance. :shrug:

I do know, however, that most XNTJ women I have had the pleasure to come across, could've been just unhealthy examples of their type (as I've seen with my own), so my original statement might just as well be nothing but nonsense formed by my inexperience in this field, who knows. I did not really have traditional gender expectations in mind, though. Please don't misinterpret. More like a certain, noticed (dis)comfort on their behalf. I have found NT and TJ women (with the exception of most INTPs) to be much harder on themselves than feelers. Female NFs/FJs seem to find comfort, confidence, and a certain reassurance in their "own, little, idealistic worlds". They enjoy emotions and feelings and usually see it as a necessity of life, something to strive for, whereas NT women struggle more on this part and view it as nothing less than a duress or a restraint from what's really important in life. They just appear more in conflict with themselves than most other females. I don't think of it as gender expectation, but it is (MBTI aside, please) common knowledge that the women tend to be the more emotionally driven (not always, obviously. I'm not trying to generalize), whereas men tend to be the more logical gender. Which doesn't mean they aren't or can't be just as sentimental or idealistic, or vice versa.

And from own experience, many female NTs (STs, STJs,....) tend to find that distressing or deplorable. The simple thought of lacking so much as control and discipline as us, seems to irritate them, haha. :content: I think this is why I've found myself clashing and in rater disharmonic situations with so many. Not with the men though. They are much harder on themselves and struggle internally more than their male fellows, which seem to handle their rational nature much better. So pardon me, (if I'm allowed to elaborate myself this rudely) I just find some types appear a bit misplaced (a little unnatural, almost)... in my completely personal opinion. That's what I meant prior. Similar the difference between female NFs and male NFs. But as I said, I don't want to cause injustice, because I am aware that I don't speak of the majority, but a minority I have encountered. So I might just as well be nothing more than a little nitwit who likes to think of herself as much too clever sometimes. :sorry: Because there are just as many of those mentioned above, that just harmonize perfectly well with their type. I also think that ENFJs seem to be in perfect balance. So do NTPs. I hope I could somewhat make sense of myself, lol. And I don't mind the beating I'm probs gonna get for this from some people, lmao.

Forgive me for that long ass novel, by the way. :blush:

Eftelya

You know that F and feeling functions =/= emotions, right? The F and T dichotomy and functions are rational decision making functions. Where they differ is that F looks to values to decision make and T looks to logic to decision make. Emotions are absent from the MBTI paradigm.

Yes, I do. Of course.
Excuse me, though, I wasn't really refering to emotions per se. I didn't explain myself properly (see above), I guess.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When it comes to your type, I agree. The descriptions weren't very good. I recommend checking out the rest of Socionics however, it is superior to MBTI in many ways in my mind.
Why do you consider it superior? What I have read about the system and its type descriptions doesn't suggest it has any more to offer, and the emphasis on physical characteristics seems unsupportable.

I do know, however, that most XNTJ women I have had the pleasure to come across, could've been just unhealthy examples of their type (as I've seen with my own), so my original statement might just as well be nothing but nonsense formed by my inexperience in this field, who knows. I did not really have traditional gender expectations in mind, though. Please don't misinterpret. More like a certain, noticed (dis)comfort on their behalf. I have found NT and TJ women (with the exception of most INTPs) to be much harder on themselves than feelers. Female NFs/FJs seem to find comfort, confidence, and a certain reassurance in their "own, little, idealistic worlds". They enjoy emotions and feelings and usually see it as a necessity of life, something to strive for, whereas NT women struggle more on this part and view it as nothing less than a duress or a restraint from what's really important in life. They just appear more in conflict with themselves than most other females. I don't think of it as gender expectation, but it is (MBTI aside, please) common knowledge that the women tend to be the more emotionally driven (not always, obviously. I'm not trying to generalize), whereas men tend to be the more logical gender. Which doesn't mean they aren't or can't be just as sentimental or idealistic, or vice versa.

And from own experience, many female NTs (STs, STJs,....) tend to find that distressing or deplorable. The simple thought of lacking so much as control and discipline as us, seems to irritate them, haha. :content: I think this is why I've found myself clashing and in rater disharmonic situations with so many. Not with the men though. They are much harder on themselves and struggle internally more than their male fellows, which seem to handle their rational nature much better. So pardon me, (if I'm allowed to elaborate myself this rudely) I just find some types appear a bit misplaced (a little unnatural, almost)... in my completely personal opinion. That's what I meant prior. Similar the difference between female NFs and male NFs. But as I said, I don't want to cause injustice, because I am aware that I don't speak of the majority, but a minority I have encountered. So I might just as well be nothing more than a little nitwit who likes to think of herself as much too clever sometimes. :sorry: Because there are just as many of those mentioned above, that just harmonize perfectly well with their type. I also think that ENFJs seem to be in perfect balance. So do NTPs. I hope I could somewhat make sense of myself, lol. And I don't mind the beating I'm probs gonna get for this from some people, lmao.
First, no need to apologize about language. You do far better in English than I can in any other language. Also , thank you for taking the time to explain in more detail. I wonder whether the discomfort you mention in NT and TJ women is a result of how others react to them, given their relative rarity and deviation from what is expected. I don't see conflict with themselves, though sometimes there is conflict with others. I find both male and female NTJs are harder on themselves than they are on others, and than other types are on themselves. It seems to be just part of the type.

As for the highlighted, that is a F/T difference. It appears related to gender since more women are F and more men are T, but the minority of F men and T women is quite large, so most people will know several of each. I wouldn't be surprised if they (people of other types) consider these men and women "misplaced" as you say it. In any case, perhaps you have run into NT or TJ women who take more notice of gender expectations, for whatever reason, which manifests in some sense of internal conflict. The ones I know are not like this, and display the same type-based qualities as men of the same types. I know that I always have more in common and get along better with men of similar type than women of dissimilar type. In fact, I can find groups of the latter quite trying.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Fave: INFP
Least fave: INTJ

I realize this is only based on the people I know which is a very VERY small sample size.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Favorite: ISFP
Least Favorite: ISTJ

(online or here ISTJ's seems to more pleasant)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favorite: INFP
Least favorite: INxJ

Passive-aggressiveness is funny at first but then it just makes me bored, which has been my experience with almost all Fe inhabiting NJ's. And INTJ's just aren't my cup of tea most of the time for some reason I can't verbalize with precision. Though there are a few I like with regards to the latter at least.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
After some time of meeting fellow people who know typology,
I find that whether I get along or not with the person depends more on the combination of their MBTI & enneagram than their MBTI itself.

But if I had types I was wary about;
ESTJ - Uncompromising hardheadedness
ENTP - The ones I meet are more often than not the worst of their stereotypes
Anyone who sells their type, eg - I'M AN E8!! I'M ENTJ!! I'M SO DECISIVE AND LOGICAL! x10 times

If I had types I would be immediately receptive to... Nah.

Amberiat

Infinity
After some time of meeting fellow people who know typology,
I find that whether I get along or not with the person depends more on the combination of their MBTI & enneagram than their MBTI itself.

But if I had types I was wary about;
ESTJ - Uncompromising hardheadedness
ENTP - The ones I meet are more often than not the worst of their stereotypes
Anyone who sells their type, eg - I'M AN E8!! I'M ENTJ!! I'M SO DECISIVE AND LOGICAL! x10 times

If I had types I would be immediately receptive to... Nah.

That's always disgusting. Best part is that in reality, they are most likely the very opposite of whatever type they have a hard on for, and they literally lynch you if you try to tell them that it's possible they might be mistyped, even though it should be completely "logical" that there's always a chance for someone to be mistyped, in most cases a pretty good chance too.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's always disgusting. Best part is that in reality, they are most likely the very opposite of whatever type they have a hard on for, and they literally lynch you if you try to tell them that it's possible they might be mistyped, even though it should be completely "logical" that there's always a chance for someone to be mistyped, in most cases a pretty good chance too.
no!!! i am very smart & great at math and physix

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yes, this is often the case. The most mind boggling thing is how willing they are to waste not only their but everyone else's time.
On the bright side, it's fun to peel their egos right to their face.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Can I list INTJ as both my favorite and least favorite?

I find healthy INTJs to be some of the most intriguing, interesting, and passionate people on the planet. The way they apply with such intensity to the things they are interested in/care about. They tend to be reserved enough about their personal life, thoughts, feelings that it adds a bit of mysteriousness about them... But there always seems to be so much depth to them, especially when it comes to intellectual/academic topics that interest them.

However, an unhealthy INTJ can be just... infuriating to say the least. Obstinate for the sake of being obstinate, untrusting for seemingly no apparent reason, aloof to the needs of others if they've deemed them unimportant, easily bored/distracted.

Love to hate 'em.