• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J and Ps are you good at sticking to a day planner?

Arr you good at it?

• I am a P and i am good at it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I am a P and i suck at it

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am a j and i am good at it

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I am a j and i suck at it

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't see the need for a planner. If I need to remember to do something, I write it on my hand or as a note to myself. Sometimes I just forget to do things anyway.

When I was in elementary school, we were mandated to use the school planner and our parents had to sign it. It still never made me want to use one and I would just write down things last minute before we had to show them to the teacher.

Maybe if I did a billion things I would see the need for one, but I've made it this far without finding them necessary that I don't think that will ever happen.

Edit: I do tend to use my phone calendar if I need to remember a specific date, but I don't use it for daily planning.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had to use one for school. I'm motivated by crossing off whatever work I just finished, and I used to be really good about actually crossing off all those pieces of work and being honest about it, but not so much anymore. It's helpful to me because then I can scope out all I have to do for the day and decide ahead of time what assignment is the smallest and can probably be completed the quickest.

I don't plan out my days though. I sort of do whatever and think it's harder to work on a timed schedule - I dunno, I'm a student, everything is basically set up for me anyway.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm good at it, and usually stick to it most of the time. If I don't, I won't freak out though.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I work different days/times almost every week so I always copy my schedule into my phone calendar and have my routine down for that.

Yeah I think this one is a bit of a different scenario. I had a job like that before and I usually had to put it in my phone too. I'd be surprised if people with variable schedules like that didn't write it anywhere. How would you remember where you are supposed to be?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
nup,

look, i either make the bus in the morning or i don't

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

Does the any list you make in Habitica count? If so, I think I'm pretty good at it.

Like you, I take breaks on weekends too. Unlike you, I am quite ambitious.

Also...
:notype:

Routine. That's the word I was looking for when I started this thread. If you can stick to it the answer is yes to the poll.

Anyway, Oooooooooo an ambitious INTP. INTPs are smart and well read, but you rarely come across someone who will identify his/herself ambitious.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm decent at it, but that doesn't mean that I always like to be. It just means that in my job I have to be. Schedules and routine are a HUGE part of life in an elementary school.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
As a college student, I would be able to sit down in the library for hours at a time doing chemistry assignments or writing an English paper and I think I did a thorough job (I wouldn't cut corners). It was much easier being studious/diligent back then.

However, now, I am less diligent. It's not because I devalue diligence. I want to complete my assignments as well as I can and do all of my readings, but somehow distract myself mentally. Also, I am really bad at handling the details of life these days. I think I was much better when I was younger??? But maybe it's because I had a parent helping out with some things?? Now that I am completely on my own... I don't think I've established a daily routine or found an efficient way to do what needs to be done.

...And I am sure I am J. Even if it's not exactly type related... how people handle different aspects of life is still interesting to explore.

Also, I am not really ambitious. Meaning, I don't have a set goal that I am really trying to reach. There are people who plan to be a lawyer/doctor/business person/marathon runner. I even know a girl who I used to work with who wants to launch a music career (I want to send you guys a link at some point so we can try type her *guilty pleasure*) ...and they actively pursue their goals/look at life from that perspective. ...I don't think I am like that??

It's funny ...because I "think" I am typically a diligent person ...yet I am lazy?

á´…eparted

passages
Sticking to a day planner or rigid schedule on matters that aren't time sensitive causes me a lot of stress. If it's a bunch of classes, appointments, meetings at set times I like it, but I mostly keep it in my head (strong memory), and only write down on a computer future meetings if I am at risk of forgetting them.

Fate

Routine. That's the word I was looking for when I started this thread. If you can stick to it the answer is yes to the poll.

Anyway, Oooooooooo an ambitious INTP. INTPs are smart and well read, but you rarely come across someone who will identify his/herself ambitious.

I'm sorry if my previous post was a bit off. Routine in terms of achieving something? Yeah, I think I do fine in those.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry if my previous post was a bit off. Routine in terms of achieving something? Yeah, I think I do fine in those.

Yes that's what I meant. That's the easiest method - I believe - to accomplish something if you are not naturally driven.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I voted "I am a P and i suck at it," but only because "I am a P and I'm good at not using one" wasn't one of the options. :tongue10:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I said I am good at it but the truth is I don't use them. I have my inner mechanism that allows me to plan my day in advance and do things exactly this way. Even if something unimportant comes up I just let it go and do want I wanted/imagined in the first place. However I place important stuff on the calandar because over a period of few months it is easy to forget details.

Judging (J) 91% Perceiving (P) 9%

Discipline with defined goals was never a real issue for me. :D

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well, it is more like "You have skills that no one really needs today" actually.
Being a P just a few hundered years ago had a quite a few advantages. If you are lazy that can simply mean that you don't spend energy in environment where there isn't much food. There was no watches so no one was exactly on time and the entire life was much slower. There was much less recources so you had to be creative in figuring stuff out. Amount of laws was much lower while amount of situations where you had to adept was much larger. There were plenty of unknowns. Etc.

The typical J thing is more of a recent social construct.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ExxP here. I should be terrible at it. I am remarkably good at it. My efficiency levela reduce on doing certain tasks over the others of course. But sticling to it i can, for months and months.

Week ends i take a break. Lest i will burn out

I am NOT an ambitious diude. Dont want to be a ceo at the age of 50-45 etc. But though ambitious i am NOT, ambitions i have. And i want to live a prosperous life. So i started a day planner knowing that if i stick to for long ebough i'd be good at it. Do it for both work hours and for home hours.

It surprised me that i am good at it cus i am a EXXP. I would assume Js are better at this.

Could this be type related or a maturity/experience thing?

---------------

Edit -

When I said day planner I meant monotonously repeating the same actions day in and out till you get there/achieve something.

Perhaps the e9 in my tritype is influencing this.

----------------

Routine, can you stick to a routine, day in and day out?

TERRIBLE at that.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ummm....i have a direction i wanna go. Thats the extent of my planning. I am suppose to do that stuff at work and suck at it. Luckily its not my actual job, but just management of basic stuff. I struggle with administrative tasks and joke that i just need a personal administrative assistant.

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I definitely suck at it. I can't stick to a schedule or planned out day. I usually don't even bother to plan out a whole day, I just wing it. :gleam:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
not if it's super strict, i usually have checklists of things to do when i have loads of stuff to do and sometimes i get some of it done. but generally i do suck at it :p

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
tbh just read what day planner you meant and im confused now :/