• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daddy isues, Republicans and N types

SteinitzGamgbit

Can a N dom/aux who used to have daddy isues become a conservative?
Being a conservative is often related to being a S, specially Si. Ns are often more liberal, specially INTs and NFs in general.
Let's say our subject used to be hit in the butt by his momma and daddy didn't give him enough attention.
Could he/she turn into a conservative in politics?

Discuss.

Jaguar

Spank theory. Can I run a test using various objects such as a cucumber, hair brush, and a Wall Street Journal?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
There are so many shades of fucked up in this world, that anyone can be everything they could possibly dream of/dread. Even Republicans have daddy issues.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*nominates thread for Best Title at the 2016 Typology Central Awards*

Beorn

Permabanned
Let's say our subject used to be hit in the butt by his momma and daddy didn't give him enough attention.
Could he/she turn into a conservative in politics?

OMG!
That's exactly what happened to me.
If only Daddy had loved me then I wouldn't bear the curse of being a conservative INFP.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe that's just me, but I'd guess they are more likely to become feminists :devil:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
People can arrive at the same conclusion for totally different reasons, a conservative who is Si-Ne might look back to past experiences and feel that what we have now is inferior. A conservative who is Ni-Se will intuit from current events a destructive trend and has a vision of a bleak future. Their focus and reasons may be different, but they have still come to the same conclusion. I don't believe that MBTI affects your politics that much.

Specifically, there isn't much evidence that being a conservative makes you less open-minded. For example, liberals are almost twice as likely to defriend someone on social media for political reasons as are conservatives: Pew Study: Liberals More Likely to Unfriend or Block Someone over Politics | Mediaite

Conservatives also have a more balanced, complex view of morality than do liberals, whose morality is very much weighted towards care and fairness at the expense of other factors: Conservatives have broader moral sense than liberals, says 'Righteous Mind' author - Washington Times

Oh, and both demonstrate "belief superiority" as well: https://today.duke.edu/2013/10/beliefsuperiority

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Also FTR: Why couldn't a Si dom with "daddy issues" become a liberal?

Say you're an ISFJ woman who was abused by her father in childhood. You might develop a hatred for men in general as a result of what happened to you, and become a radical feminist.

Here I will even spell out the faulty logic for you.
"My dad raped me"
"My dad is a man"
"All men are rapists"

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
oh daddy you are so right. those evil poor people want to take our money, i mean your hard earned money you worked so hard for. daddy its not fair, not fair i tell you. those evil poor people are not entitled to anything. no one rides the coat tails of daddy, no one. as of now, the enemeis of daddies money, I mean Daddy are mine.

Pinina

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Of course they can. What you think is not related to MBTI, but rather why. Say an ESTJ, could be left/communist for what I would call good reasons, as well as far-right, as well as libertarian. I know people of different personality types with the same political view, as well as people with different political views of the same personality type.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Si is more about habit and routine. I like to start my day the same way, I like to vacuum my house in a certain order, etc. Yet I still think many traditions are bullshit because, based on my experience, they are not reliable and reap bad consequences.

My tertiary Ne tends to prevent massive stick-in-mud syndrome anyways. :)