• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] MBTI+Gender

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm an Infp female and I notice there may be patterns between MBTI and gender. But people are different though and not all Fs are more feminine than thinkers. I have SP, xNFJ, and NT female friends who are all tomboyish while I'm honestly a girly girl myself. I also have more girly friends that are SFJs, me being tomboyish compared to them. I actually like some things tomboyish, but people always see me as girly, I think because we infps have F Dom and no Se which makes us come across as that when we're actually not. Strangely, this isn't the case for enfps, as I saw many tomboyish ones who are quite masculine. If I were to say which types are more masculine or girly, well it all depends because MBTI in males are different from that of females in gender roles. I'd say:
T is masculine, but that doesn't mean F is feminine. And Se itself is masculine while Si is conforming and N doesn't conform. Ne might be more slightly feminine, especially for NFP males.
Ideal Male: ST
Neutral: SF, NT
Feminine Men: NF (Despite being feelers, they're the least conforming to gender roles, especially NFJs.)
Tomboy: SP, NT, ET (Yes, ISFPs and ESFPs, as far as I knew, are very athletic and risk taking, so I'd say they're the most masculine feelers, perhaps NFJs and ENFPs are also tomboyish as well. ISTJ girls on the other hand aren't boyish or very girly, just neutral.)
Girly Girl: ISFJ (I didn't add ESFJ or INFP yet because as far as I know INFPs aren't stereotypically girly and ESFJs could be quite masculine.)
I'm not sure who agrees or disagrees, but I really think it's the individual themself who could control their identity.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't believe this is type related. There are males and females of every type who act like the whatever gender they are while still being whatever type they are. I may have some feminine traits or interests, but I'm extremely far from being a girly girl. Conversely, I'm sure there are ISFJ women out there who have some masculine interests. Types from all genders just express themselves differently.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type and gender are separate, and much of what is attributed to male/female differences is really due to T/F differences. This lines up often enough to be credible because more women are F and more men are T, though these are not large majorities and there are plenty of men and women in the opposite camp.

That being said, gender and type can interact, especially where social norms and expectations are concerned. Male Fs and female Ts are less likely to operate in line with these expectations. Also, certain types of either gender are more likely to disregard social expectations, while other types are more likely to value and follow them.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is some correlation between gender and cognitive functions. I've read somewhere that F's have a female majority while T's have a male majority.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is some correlation between gender and cognitive functions. I've read somewhere that F's have a female majority while T's have a male majority.
Seems there is an echo in here.

Just remember that correlation != causality.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an Infp female and I notice there may be patterns between MBTI and gender. But people are different though and not all Fs are more feminine than thinkers. I have SP, xNFJ, and NT female friends who are all tomboyish while I'm honestly a girly girl myself. I also have more girly friends that are SFJs, me being tomboyish compared to them. I actually like some things tomboyish, but people always see me as girly, I think because we infps have F Dom and no Se which makes us come across as that when we're actually not. Strangely, this isn't the case for enfps, as I saw many tomboyish ones who are quite masculine. If I were to say which types are more masculine or girly, well it all depends because MBTI in males are different from that of females in gender roles. I'd say:
T is masculine, but that doesn't mean F is feminine. And Se itself is masculine while Si is conforming and N doesn't conform. Ne might be more slightly feminine, especially for NFP males.
Ideal Male: ST
Neutral: SF, NT
Feminine Men: NF (Despite being feelers, they're the least conforming to gender roles, especially NFJs.)
Tomboy: SP, NT, ET (Yes, ISFPs and ESFPs, as far as I knew, are very athletic and risk taking, so I'd say they're the most masculine feelers, perhaps NFJs and ENFPs are also tomboyish as well. ISTJ girls on the other hand aren't boyish or very girly, just neutral.)
Girly Girl: ISFJ (I didn't add ESFJ or INFP yet because as far as I know INFPs aren't stereotypically girly and ESFJs could be quite masculine.)
I'm not sure who agrees or disagrees, but I really think it's the individual themself who could control their identity.

I actually find this kind of offensive. Who's to decide that being a macho guy is "ideal?" I guess that's true Fi-dominance right there. My dad's an Fi-dom and he's really quite boisterous and proud of his masculinity. I couldn't really disagree more with this model/theory you've got going.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seems there is an echo in here.

Just remember that correlation != causality.

That's why I said correlation and not causal.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Of course. Gender is the single most relevant factor regarding differences between individuals of the same species.

Gender determines carreer preferences, behaviour, several physical characteristics, etc.

The uneven disparity in MBTI types when looking at gender is only a full gone conclusion of what is a logical perspective.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I actually find this kind of offensive. Who's to decide that being a macho guy is "ideal?" I guess that's true Fi-dominance right there. My dad's an Fi-dom and he's really quite boisterous and proud of his masculinity. I couldn't really disagree more with this model/theory you've got going.

First point you've got wrong there is that facts are impartial. They don't care if you get offended. They're facts and you can't close your eyes to them.
Second, society as a whole determines what's an ideal guy and what's not. So unless you don't want to be part of it, you better swallow these definitions irrationally.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First point you've got wrong there is that facts are impartial. They don't care if you get offended. They're facts and you can't close your eyes to them.
Second, society as a whole determines what's an ideal guy and what's not. So unless you don't want to be part of it, you better swallow these definitions irrationally.

No, society doesn't matter for shit. Key individuals creating movements are what changes attitudes and perspectives, and the rest of the masses who disagree can fuck right off. Majority /=/ truth, ever.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, society doesn't matter for shit. Key individuals creating movements are what changes attitudes and perspectives, and the rest of the masses who disagree can fuck right off. Majority /=/ truth, ever.

Ti for the win!!!!!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

It's not a fact and society thinks the man bun is ideal at the moment.

635584314783981082380475668_tumblr_neocj1nyzf1u0cj6po1_400.jpg

It's not, it's laughable. Plus I have read many things posted by the OP and much of those are ridiculous stereotypes only someone with that sig line would believe.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ideals are by definition subjective, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course. Gender is the single most relevant factor regarding differences between individuals of the same species.

Gender determines carreer preferences, behaviour, several physical characteristics, etc.

The uneven disparity in MBTI types when looking at gender is only a full gone conclusion of what is a logical perspective.
Hogwash all round. Gender is a social construct. Anatomical sex determines, well, our anatomy. Type describes how we make decisions, process information, and generally view and interact with the world. The far greater scope of what type describes indicates that it is far more relevant than gender in explaining individual differences. Even culture will trump gender.

Gender and biological sex do have a greater influence on actual behavior, due to social conditioning. We can see that influence wane as social conditioning evolves to be less restrictive to both men and women. This alone is a good indicator of the small role sex plays. Biology really hasn't changed much, but career preferences and behavior have changed substantially in many places.

Finally, there is a good argument to me made that the MBTI T/F imbalance (the only one with a statistically significant difference for men and women) is itself a result of social conditioning and expectations.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Hogwash all round. Gender is a social construct.

Stopped reading there. How old are you, 16? How's Social Studies going?
It really sucks that Winston Churchill's quote "there will be a time we'll have to prove grass is green" has become true.
Here I have some stuff I recommend you reading/watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUB-NdbMec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGF22aNFvuQ
http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1997-38797-012
Gender Differences in the Perception and Use of E-Mail: An Extension to the Technology Acceptance Model on JSTOR
http://news.discovery.com/human/life/science-behind-gender-differences-130528.htm
https://www.google.com.br/#q=why+genders+are+differen

Here I have a lot of peer reviewed studies that show very clearly how sex differences have impact on social behaviour and therefore on gender.
I won't bother arguing, I have enough of arguments in those links already.
You cannot be an INTJ to say such a thing.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ

This is the only person who speaks sense here. Of course it had to be an ESTJ. Nowdays it is unfortunate how most people are not down to earth and daydream so much they forget about sheer reality as bad as it might be. Gender differences are key in society and people who don't get that seriously need to grow up.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stopped reading there. How old are you, 16? How's Social Studies going?
It really sucks that Winston Churchill's quote "there will be a time we'll have to prove grass is green" has become true.
Here I have some stuff I recommend you reading/watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUB-NdbMec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGF22aNFvuQ
http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1997-38797-012
Gender Differences in the Perception and Use of E-Mail: An Extension to the Technology Acceptance Model on JSTOR
http://news.discovery.com/human/life/science-behind-gender-differences-130528.htm
https://www.google.com.br/#q=why+genders+are+differen

Here I have a lot of peer reviewed studies that show very clearly how sex differences have impact on social behaviour and therefore on gender.
I won't bother arguing, I have enough of arguments in those links already.
You cannot be an INTJ to say such a thing.
The highlighted seriously undercuts your credibility. You cannot hope to critique a statement you haven't bothered to read. I know who I am, and your assumptions couldn't be further from the truth, but then I don't have to explain myself to you. Try addressing the actual statement made rather than making baseless and snide ad-hominem remarks - after, of course, you have read it. As I specified, the many distinctions in observable behavior are a result of social conditioning. The very real physiological differences between men and women can on their own explain at most only a small fraction of behavior.

Duffy

It's not a fact and society thinks the man bun is ideal at the moment.

It's not, it's laughable. Plus I have read many things posted by the OP and much of those are ridiculous stereotypes only someone with that sig line would believe.

You sure your not a Te-dom? Ain't never seen an INTJ so bent on pragmatism (Te / most striking in SJs), and so sensitive (ironically) over perceived sensitivities in others (inferior Fi). I mean, I don't want to say anything, but some of your issues pop up so much in threads I can't help but take notice. INTJ and e8...? yea...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You sure your not a Te-dom? Ain't never seen an INTJ so bent on pragmatism (Te / most striking in SJs), and so sensitive (ironically) over perceived sensitivities in others (inferior Fi). I mean, I don't want to say anything, but some of your issues pop up so much in threads I can't help but take notice. INTJ and e8...? yea...

INTJ about half the time, ISTJ the other half of the time but I will say that lately it's been ISTJ. E8 never changes, I feel that more consistently than anything else.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
INTJ about half the time, ISTJ the other half of the time but I will say that lately it's been ISTJ. E8 never changes, I feel that more consistently than anything else.

I'll never understand these people who have the need to emulate personalities.
"My personality changes! Sometimes I'm an INTJ, sometimes an ISTJ! Who knows when I'm which?!"
Do you think you're special and that common psychology doesn't apply to you?
That and the fact you have an ExFP tier signature.