• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Function Clarifier Test

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An 8-question JCF test designed to help you clarify your dominant Jungian function.

I'm still waiting for a test that looks for more than just the dominant function.

"Function Clarifier" Personality Test

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, crap the Fi description is just... it's wrong

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based solely on each description here, I resonated with Ne>Fi>Se>Fe>Te>Si>Ni>Ti in that order.

Oh, crap the Fi description is just... it's wrong

There was some parts reading it where I wondered if they were trying to define martyrdom haha.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on these descriptions (I hostenly doubt their correctness) I relate mostly to intoverted inuition. This is no surpise, I read more descriptions of Ni that resonated very strongly with me and this one is above all one of the most strongly "me". The Ti description was extremly strongly me... Not sure whether I relate more to this Ti or Ni description to be honest. All that thing about independence and autonomy, being easygoing outwordly, but more complex on the inside... that is me (Not sure how much it is really Ti though). Then I'd say Fe, Se, Si and probably lastly Ne... I really do not relate to this Ne description at all... And Te, actually this one was good, I know I use a lot of Te when I am in a good mood, when I feel confident and active, I act a lot like a Te user to be honest.
So let's say Ni>Ti>Fe>Se>Te>Si>Ne>Fi... really those descriptions are weird... I do not relate to Ne or Fi at all. Maybe I don't use them :shrug: (Doubt that though)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on these descriptions (I hostenly doubt their correctness) I relate mostly to intoverted inuition. This is no surpise, I read more descriptions of Ni that resonated very strongly with me and this one is above all one of the most strongly "me". The Ti description was extremly strongly me... Not sure whether I relate more to this Ti or Ni description to be honest. All that thing about independence and autonomy, being easygoing outwordly, but more complex on the inside... that is me (Not sure how much it is really Ti though). Then I'd say Fe, Se, Si and probably lastly Ne... I really do not relate to this Ne description at all... And Te, actually this one was good, I know I use a lot of Te when I am in a good mood, when I feel confident and active, I act a lot like a Te user to be honest.
So let's say Ni>Ti>Fe>Se>Te>Si>Ne>Fi... really those descriptions are weird... I do not relate to Ne or Fi at all. Maybe I don't use them :shrug: (Doubt that though)

If you find these descriptions weird, then you have to be mentally comparing them to descriptions that you don't find weird. What descriptions don't you find weird? Where are they?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based solely on each description here, I resonated with Ne>Fi>Se>Fe>Te>Si>Ni>Ti in that order.

There was some parts reading it where I wondered if they were trying to define martyrdom haha.

Which parts?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have his e-book both on 16 personality types and My True Type, he gives some good observations in a very Ne way, (he is INTP). His form of Ni sounds overly mystical for my tastes but there are some parts where Ni and Se are described really clearly. His e-book my true type is definitely worth the read if you want to build upon your knowledge for functions. I'm actually curious what your definition of what Fi is, it seems like now you have a different one in mind. Tell me. :wink:

wolfy

awsm
According to that I go

x___ a. = Te

3___ b. = Ni

x___ c. = Fi

4___ d. = Fe

x___ e. = Si

2___ f. = Se

1___ g. = Ti

x___ h. = Ne

I have his True Type book and enjoyed it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] Introverted Feeling (Fi) this one is good description of Fi imho.
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] In my perception Fi is a strong awareness of one's sentiments, of likes, dislikes, passions, dispassion, sympathy or antipathy etc... And adjusting one's action into creating a harmony of personal feelings, while fulfilling the positive ones and avoiding the negative resources. Even though negative in Fi can not be what generally people perceived as negative. It's also a strong need for searching for emotional stimulations, I think INFPs tend to seek the stimulation more in music, poetry or ideas, while ISFPs are more oriented towards direct and present relationships with people or their surrounding.

I think it also means you can easily put yourself in other people's shoes, but I do not correlate it with taking care of someone else's needs or with being a care-taker generally. I believe it is far more passive and along with live and let live attitude it doesn't create a tension to necessary go into an action and start helping people.

For me being Fi means being deeply moved by ideas, thoughts, art, music... And being deeply aware of my moods and emotions, while I try to explore their depths and analyze them in a sentimental way. I also think it makes people to be individualistic, to seek their truth in the world, to be different and to be authentic, to go along with what they believe is right (I hate the word moral).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] Introverted Feeling (Fi) this one is good description of Fi imho.

How do you know it's a good description of Fi?

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] In my perception Fi is a strong awareness of one's sentiments, of likes, dislikes, passions, dispassion, sympathy or antipathy etc... And adjusting one's action into creating a harmony of personal feelings, while fulfilling the positive ones and avoiding the negative resources. Even though negative in Fi can not be what generally people perceived as negative. It's also a strong need for searching for emotional stimulations, I think INFPs tend to seek the stimulation more in music, poetry or ideas, while ISFPs are more oriented towards direct and present relationships with people or their surrounding.

I think it also means you can easily put yourself in other people's shoes, but I do not correlate it with taking care of someone else's needs or with being a care-taker generally. I believe it is far more passive and along with live and let live attitude it doesn't create a tension to necessary go into an action and start helping people.

For me being Fi means being deeply moved by ideas, thoughts, art, music... And being deeply aware of my moods and emotions, while I try to explore their depths and analyze them in a sentimental way. I also think it makes people to be individualistic, to seek their truth in the world, to be different and to be authentic, to go along with what they believe is right (I hate the word moral).

From the link you just posted favorably: "Introverted Feeling deals with morals and what the person truly believes."

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which parts?

Part of my moral code involves “fighting for the underdogs”—those who are poor, sick, disabled, victims of injustice, or otherwise find themselves in unfortunate circumstances.

At times, I can feel emotionally over-burdened, having internalized others’ pain and struggles.

I manage my feelings on my own rather than unloading them onto others. I therefore feel that most people don’t really know me or see what is most important to me.

I mean, the first and second are still true for me. I'm moved by injustice, and I usually deal with my feelings by myself rather than unloading them onto other people. Maybe there's secretly a martyr-ish side to me. :D

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you know it's a good description of Fi?

From the link you just posted favorably: "Introverted Feeling deals with morals and what the person truly believes."

Depends on how one defines morals... I don't like the generalization of the word. There was still less crap about being mother Therese and more things about how one deals with his feelings.

Honest confession; I'd never ever hurt anyone, I feel other's pain strongly and I am willing to offer the words of sympathy. But I don't think I'd ever really help someone, like help in a tradional sense of word. And I am even repulsed by the idea of taking care of someone as I see it as an interruption of my individuality and independce.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Part of my moral code involves “fighting for the underdogs”—those who are poor, sick, disabled, victims of injustice, or otherwise find themselves in unfortunate circumstances.

At times, I can feel emotionally over-burdened, having internalized others’ pain and struggles.

I manage my feelings on my own rather than unloading them onto others. I therefore feel that most people don’t really know me or see what is most important to me.

I mean, the first and second are still true for me. I'm moved by injustice, and I usually deal with my feelings by myself rather than unloading them onto other people. Maybe there's secretly a martyr-ish side to me. :D

I think he assumes that Fi equates with "having a moral code," whereas other Fi descriptions say they have personal values. Whether or not that translates into a moral code is very debatable.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ni=Ti>Ne>Fi>Te>Se>Fe>Si

But the Si description was awful imo.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Mal12345 Introverted Feeling (Fi) this one is good description of Fi imho.
@Forever In my perception Fi is a strong awareness of one's sentiments, of likes, dislikes, passions, dispassion, sympathy or antipathy etc... And adjusting one's action into creating a harmony of personal feelings, while fulfilling the positive ones and avoiding the negative resources. Even though negative in Fi can not be what generally people perceived as negative. It's also a strong need for searching for emotional stimulations, I think INFPs tend to seek the stimulation more in music, poetry or ideas, while ISFPs are more oriented towards direct and present relationships with people or their surrounding.

Describe the bold to me. I'm having a hard time catching your drift.

Here's my problem: I get repulsive feelings and I am aware of them but all I do is just experience it and not care what it means and try to pull it out and figure what I need to do to calm myself out, and even sometimes I do nothing about it which can be completely irrational. I relate to the socionics IEI INFp very well.

I relate to the rest I guess except maybe a "strong" awareness of my sentiments, the underlined I believe needs to be differentiated from Ni-Fe. I get what you're saying overall though. :)

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Fi > Fe

Jiminy Christmas!