• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which FP?

Which do you think I am?

• ENFP

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My thinking is not linear, though. I do not have mature Si strenghths at all. If I have Si it is not adult. EricB has already pointed out that ESFP actually might make more sense for me because of the Si Opposing Personality Complex.

Most people have family memories. I am also a story teller, never forget that.

Well, I simply weighed the evidence, and concluded that inferior and Opposing Personality might be very similar, at least as far as strength. (Actually, while none of the shadows can be called "mature"; the OP as well as the Witch, are shadowing mature functions/complexes, so might have more of an appearance of maturity to them. At least in being more confident and aggressive, rather than vulnerable; albeit in a less consciously controlled, reactive manner.

Some of the stuff you've been saying more recently, about Si, does sound more like a less mature function on the ego-syntonic side, that is for some reason manifesting strongly at times.

Also, did you see my last response?
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49441&p=1629169&viewfull=1#post1629169
Originally Posted by IZthe411
LOL @ Benny Hill.....I'd be mad if somebody said that to me too!

Well, then maybe you shouldn't act like him if you don't want to be compared to him.

(not you)
headpat5.gif

:laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, EricB I saw your last response.

I just want to throw in here that I was just watching an Eminem video and reminded of why I would consider ISFP for myself.

I mean, wouldn't you guess he was an extrovert (and using more Te) if you were only aware of his Eminem persona and not who he is as Marshall Mathers?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I just want to throw in here that I was just watching an Eminem video and reminded of why I would consider ISFP for myself.

I mean, wouldn't you guess he was an extrovert (and using more Te) if you were only aware of his Eminem persona and not who he is as Marshall Mathers?

Well, I don't know about you, (I know we are similar) but I've considered myself an introvert because I'm lazy and just don't want to leave the house half the time. But I still feel more energized after working, (in my E field), or going out with friends, or being at a party. Reading books and taking nature walks or anything that requires me to revert into myself more can keep me entertained for a while, but I'm more likely to sink more and more into a lazy slump that way and eventually need a nap. So I'm more productive when I've been extraverting than when I've been introverting. I'm more ready to run a bunch of errands or go for a jog or do anything worth while after I've been out socializing or shopping all morning. That doesn't make me a big obnoxious party person who needs constant external stimulation, it just makes me an extravert. I'm inclined to think that you may be the same way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

The thing about Eminem/marshall is that's he's an e6. They tend to be a bit split E/I. That may also be why you related to him (you are possibly a 6).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The thing about Eminem/marshall is that's he's an e6. They tend to be a bit split E/I. That may also be why you related to him (you are possibly a 6).

I'm pretty definitely a 6. I'm more sure of my enneagram than my exact MBTI type, other than knowing I'm absolutely an FP (Fi/Te).

The more I think about who I am and what my priorities have been since I was a teenager, it does make me seem more like an S. I also have had TJs tell me things like "you think you're using Te, but it's really Se."

I just don't want to say "oh I'm definitely NFP" if the original reason I was so certain I was an N is because I like to read and have an imagination, which is a mistake many, many people make when they are ignorant about type theory.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP. You have this edge to you to you that I've only ever noticed in ESFPs, and I don't think it's the Ne-Te loop thing... ENFPs are more prickly where you're more sharp. It's subtle but the difference is there.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESFP. You have this edge to you to you that I've only ever noticed in ESFPs, and I don't think it's the Ne-Te loop thing... ENFPs are more prickly where you're more sharp. It's subtle but the difference is there.

That's right, I'll cut you. :pandarage:

:wink: :smile:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP, maybe iNFP. You're like the slightly more extraverted version of [MENTION=13648]Meek[/MENTION]. You have that classic, FiSi tendency to throw around these tangential, highly personal history anecdotes whenever you're trying to make a point and I don't really notice a lot of Se-Ni at all.

Oh by the way, stop repping random people who you don't even talk to just to insult me. Thanks.

Jaguar

JocktheMotie said:
ENFP, maybe iNFP. You're like the slightly more extraverted version of [MENTION=13648]Meek[/MENTION] . You have that classic, FiSi tendency to throw around these tangential, highly personal history anecdotes whenever you're trying to make a point and I don't really notice a lot of Se-Ni at all.

Interesting... though I saw a bunch of people on PersN call Meek an ISFP.

Part of the SP temperament may include storytelling.

This probably says something about an INTP trying to convince with logic while an ESFP has more success with personal stories.

The above quote is from this Linda Berens article:

http://www.4temperaments.com/articles/extraverted_sensing_theMBTI_and_improviser.html

You will find it to be of particular interest since she tells a story of a guy who tested ENFP, but ultimately chose ESFP since the SP temperament was a better fit for him.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you Jaguar, I really liked that article.

This made sense to me:

This probably says something about an INTP trying to convince with logic while an ESFP has more success with personal stories.

as did this:

Psychological death for an Improviserâ„¢ is to have no impulses to respond to or to be so bound and constricted they cannot respond to any of the impulses they have. This does not mean they are always impulsive. It simple means that Artisans are the masters of action-moving quickly to seize the moment especially when these actions/impulses are in line with some outcome or result they are trying to achieve. This is their other core need-to have the ability to make an impact. This need to make an impact does not always mean to "perform" and get applause. It means to see a tangible result from their actions

I often speak to make an impact, using humor, exaggeration, hyperbole, and colorful language so people pay attention to what I'm saying. I'm not saying that's always a good thing (ha ha) but it's worked for me none-the-less.

I love this too:

In our work, we have found that a vast number of_ S_Ps select "N" responses rather than the "S" responses on the MBTI® , Their behavior and reports have been taken as typical of those with a preference for N. Because of not using the added information in the temperament model or not paying close attention to Jung's definitions and Myers descriptions, the observations of people with _S_P preferences have filtered back into the mainstream definitions of N. When we go back to Jung's descriptions, we find these descriptions have veered off course from the original meaning.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
English 101 with Marmie Dearest

It's a video and you have to click on the image because for some reason I can't embed it. Sorry.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wait, wait, wait --

I just realized a subtle shift in the forum population.

Marm went from ENFP to ESFP (well, at least I'm pretty sure of your E)

ShortnSweet went from ESFP to ENFP

And there, magically, the ESFP/ENFP balance remains the same for TypeC.

:p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Me and ShortandSweet just went Freaky Friday on 'yo ass.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

It's a video and you have to click on the image because for some reason I can't embed it. Sorry.
Nice vid. You sort of remind me of an ESFP friend of mine which means nothing other than you just remind me of her! lol I can tell you that she is wayyy too distracted with real life to spend time chatting on a forum which is why if I am giving typology any credit, I think you're more ENFP.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Marmie, my honest opinion is that your ENFP, but very close on both your I and (possibly?) N. Based on disposition & facial expression I would tag you as an I, but something in your speach, direct and confident says E. You do not come across like any ESFP I have ever known (only 3 for certain) THe inflection that you use combined with general verbage and pace reminds me eerily of myself (when alone and serious). And I'll say this.. I do not believe that intuition always reveals itself through decorative metaphors.. its the concepts.. an ability and preference to grasp at the abstract*** I really do think that childhood development with strong sensors can cause N's to learn to relay info in a fairly concrete manner, coupled with the fact that ENFP's in general need/want to communicate with all and often find it externally beneficial to do this in a manner that is understood (by all). This is all I can directly pinpoint now (a few rum n cokes in) but there are other reasons I think your ENFP.. but ya... hahaha.. my two cents. =).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah one of the INTJs on here (Uumlau) said he thought I was ISFP when I made my first video...I seem more reserved when you actually look at me talk there, like I'm by myself though...if I'm talking to a person I can be pretty animated and loud, and trust me when I say I can be just as sharp, direct and blunt when I'm speaking as I am in my posts.

I can also get very passionate about things in person. I also used to always talk in class when I was in college.

But I can be very reserved if I don't feel like talking. Very. Like "go away."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay...so Professor Y posted these on PersN, and I bolded the stuff in EN(F) and ES(F) I identify with and crossed out that which does not apply to me at all..these are the flaws and neuroses most common in the types...this comes directly from Jung as a diagnostic tool for personality disorders and such, rather than a standardized typing note, in case you're wondering why the examples are both so negative and extreme:

Extraverted Sensing - ES(T) and ES(F)

paranoid, superstitious, anxious, fearful of the unknown, fear of the occult , overly adverse to religion, jealousy, delusional, suspicious of ill-intentions, violent , aggressive, detachment from reality

Extreme Neurosis:
Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Anxiety Disorder - have actually been professionally diagnosed with this
---
Extraverted Intuition - EN(T) and EN(F)

addictions, impulsive, hypochondriacal, anxiety, addicted to drinking/sex/drugs/cigarettes/and other forms of bodily-induced sensations, dissociated from inner thoughts and feelings, workaholic, overly obsessed with a single object or idea

Extreme Neurosis:
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder - actually have been professionally diagnosed with this

I COULD EQUALLY BE EITHER....but it does seem like I lean toward ES(F).

I'll just state here that going by Lenore Thomson's model and by what Simulated World says, what I show is Inferior Si, not Se.

Could explain why I'm a "reserved" Extrovert too, being ENFP.

:shrug:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, wait, wait --

I just realized a subtle shift in the forum population.

Marm went from ENFP to ESFP (well, at least I'm pretty sure of your E)

ShortnSweet went from ESFP to ENFP

Oh, I missed that last one!

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Now that I've watched the video, I don't know what to think... You seem to have a slight detachment in your way of talking, which makes me consider ISFP - many ISFPs are pretty extroverted, I believe. :thinking: