• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Mate Pairing Idea

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and i an INFJ - but Lemons, why did you say ENTJ?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how old are you? not that im some wise old man haha...but i predict that if you ARE actaully a strong I, it wont work to be with this said E who will draw you out... (the same reason i just cant ever see myself with an ISXX)

I'm 30. All I can say is I am really drawn to EN's. They provide a good balance/dynamic to the relationship, and I would hope vice versa would be the case as well.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 30. All I can say is I am really drawn to EN's. They provide a good balance/dynamic to the relationship, and I would hope vice versa would be the case as well.

in general i think the "adds good dynamic" is best for the weaker letters. probably why im the ENtj (or possibly ENTj) who is very suspect about the glorious ENTJ/ISFJ or ENTJ/INFP

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
in general i think the "adds good dynamic" is best for the weaker letters. probably why im the ENtj (or possibly ENTj) who is very suspect about the glorious ENTJ/ISFJ or ENTJ/INFP

Well, that's fine. I mean the important thing is that you're aware of what you are seeking/needing out of a relationship. Your very awareness of what you want and what you don't want will guide you while dating and while in relationships.

This is where things can become highly variable. I've had more positive experiences with E's, what can I say. With I's, things never get off the ground. Doesn't mean I won't ultimately end up with an I, but I do definitely have a preference for E.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just so you guys know this theory is pretty much correct. From my scores (~70% I, 56% N, 51% F, 55% P with 50 as the divider) I can pretty much say all of my interactions with ISTJs and INTJs are great, and I'd want to be paired with one in an instant.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but doesnt this theory entail a two prong approach?

for example: if BlackCat is Infp, doesnt mean he needs to find a Istj (not just any ISTJ) ???

hmmm for me then ENTj needs ENTp, or ENtj needs ENfp.... ya its settled, im in love with this theory :devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot to mention, earlier in this thread I said that the person has to be in touch with their F side. I found said "Istj" but it was a guy, which was a shame. If you find your type match from this you will just... know. It's hard to explain. I've done this with an entj that I know also.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
But wait! Wouldn't this work both ways? If I as INTP++, my ideal type is another INTP, but lower on the scale. But that INTPs ideal type would be both me, and an ESFJ, theoretically?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're over analyzing it. I highly doubt an INTP would take an ESFJ over another INTP regardless.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You're over analyzing it. I highly doubt an INTP would take an ESFJ over another INTP regardless.

You never know! ESFJs are more common than INTPs, so my ideal partner may be taken by the time I meet her. Luckily, I know how to fix that... :devil:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so this theory actually makes everyones odds go down!

it was hard enough when said ENTJ knew he needed to find ENFP or ENTP, (1/8 of the types) and now i need to find what would only be 1/16 (ENfp or ENtp) of that 1/8 pool?! (someone check my math)

and thats not even taking into account that most of the population is SJ and SP!

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
what makes this theory better is the flexibility. it allows for say one ENTJ to want ____ and another to want _____. it can be one letter lfipped, or 3 flipped, depending on how weak or strong you are.

eNtj with INFP, ENtj with ENFP or ENTj with ENTP etc could all fit into this theory as being the "best" match.

I totally agree. I've never really found the idea of an ENTJ very enticing, whereas with Lemons' theory, I'd be best paired with an ISFJ/INFJ, which I actually find much more appealing. Of course, this is all based off of the stereotypes for the different profiles; never know who I'll find "perfect" five years from now.

What I like best is that it takes into account different preferences for different people, instead of relying on the stereotypes for each profile. However, some people may have a strong inclination towards, lets say "feeling", but may have an appreciation for a strong inclination towards "thinking" in their partner, which wouldn't work in Lemons' theory. But, there are exceptions to everything, and I personally find this theory fascinating.

so this theory actually makes everyones odds go down!

Would it really be that fun if it were easy?

theplacesyoullgo

What if 3/4 of the preferences are pretty strong? Does the same still apply? If so, I believe my ideal would be INTJ.

I actually had a sorta kinda relationship with an INTJ male in high school, and I found we often got stuck in the same rut that I find myself stuck in with my female INTJ friends - we tend to get stuck snarking about virtually everything. It's a little too much cynicism and tends to put me in an immature "everything sucks!" mood after too much time together. Still, I've been attracted to male INTJs quite a few times; I tend to be interested in INTJs, ENTPs, and especially INFPs.