• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se function and Extreme Sensory Stimuli

yeghor

I have a fear of heights and cannot go on rollercoaster rides or other extreme amusement park stuff.

I think tolerance to extreme sensory stimuli like rollercoasters, skydiving, bungee jumping and similar is represented by a high Se function (probably in dominant position) in MBTI.

I noticed some previous "type me" thread starters specifically mentioning rollercoaster rides as a fun topic.

a) https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ions-type-post3032908.html?97077=#post3032908

b) https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ning-type-post3052548.html?97957=#post3052548

Even "watching" this scene from Interstellar makes me dizzy and wanna puke.

So what is your experience with the clip above, or rollercoasters, slingshots, skydiving, bungee jumping etc?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a Se lead, I've never liked heights. Meanwhile, my INTP roommate loves climbing, rollercoasters, you name it. I really don't think that there is a correlation.

yeghor

As a Se lead, I've never liked heights. Meanwhile, my INTP roommate loves climbing, rollercoasters, you name it. I really don't think that there is a correlation.

Maybe that is a sign that he is actually an ISTP?

"This personality can become bored and will continuously seek new adventures or novelty, which can lead them to pursue reckless behaviour with little thought for the consequences."

The 10 Best Career Matches for ISTP Personalities.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, he definitely isn't. I don't necessarily believe that behavior is a good parameter for typing someone. Motivations are. Behavior is far too inconsistent in my opinion and will keep you guessing.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a Si/Ne user. My one exception is that I do love riding scary rides at the theme parks. Rollercoasters aren't one of them(though I'm planning to conquer my fears soon), but I'll ride just about any other ride. I'm kinda a show-off in that aspect. I think a lot of it is that I love the fair atmosphere, the novelty of cotton candy and spray paint t-shirts and arcade games. I see rides as more of a whimsy than a physical thrill I'm going after. But yeah, the other stuff ya mentioned is a no go for me. I tried ziplining once on something called "Project Adventure" we did in middle school-I couldn't even get the thing that was supposed to release me off so that was awkward because everyone was watching me and when I was finally released I was just flying around awkwardly and I didn't like it. And heights, ugh, I don't even like climbing ladders. Feels like I'm going to trip and fall even on the first step. I think what I don't like about physical thrills, which I wonder is intuition related or just an introversion thing, is that it jolts me out of my headspace and I can't stop to think. The depths of my brain are way more entertaining than swinging around on a rope, haha.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i sort of disassociate to cope when in high places---get vertigo super easy on spinny things but i like the idea of those things a lot...i will go with and enjoy the atmosphere and any non sick inducing things.

i know i'm not a se user...but i'm not sure that has anything to do with it or not. i think my infp husband likes it