• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What do you think of this new variant test?

G

garbage

Too lazy to get into nitty gritty, so I bolded the ones that resonated with me:

Social
1) I am energized by the idea of being a part of something large than myself
2) I am aware of the societal impact a decision will have (culturally, tangibly and on an interpersonal level)
3) contributing to the community is important to me
4) being recognized by my community for my contributions is important to me
5) I can talk to you all day about things I'd like to improve about society
6) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also the relationships of other people with each other and their effect on whatever group, institution or gathering I am a part of
7) the groups I identify with (or lack there of) are a major part of my identity (whether they're mainstream. counter culture, rich elite or societal outcasts)
8) I like to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance (the more related to any of the groups I associate with the better)
9) at my worst I am either strongly conformist (developing an "us vs them" mentality) or vehemently ant-society/counter culture; at my best, my relationships with my peers because ones of healthy interdependence. I am warm, accepting and reach out to people to make them feel accepted.
10) "no man is an island"

Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway)
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is
3) I am very health conscious
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better.
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely.
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends

Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all"
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly)
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility
7) I have strong impulses (particularly when relating to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not​

So, there we go.

38 so; 25 sp; 10 sx

I think the questions are good, but that some ought to be split into 2+ questions (e.g. social #9).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By reading, introspecting, more reading...? Sure, trying to narrow down your core type by first going to tritype isn't always a bad idea but it also easily leads to false assumptions about yourself because you're in denial which we are all about our type to some degree or another. I was for example which is why I rather typed as 4 than 5.

What made you realize you were in denial and what the right answer was- just reading and introspection? Comparison and contrast?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What made you realize you were in denial and what the right answer was- just reading and introspection? Comparison and contrast?

By reading up on the types I were considering at the time (4 and 5), and realize that ultimately 4 does not resonate with my actual coping mechanisms as much as 5 does.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Overall I think this is great.

I'm going to answer the questions here - this may help. I'll also give my comments on anything that strikes me. I responded on a personal level for questions that COULD apply but had confusion in them - so you can decide if any of those might be cleared up or if this helps any.

Social
1) I am energized by the idea of being a part of something large than myself ===> 1
if you're talking about a music project where I write all the songs, organize everything, play half the parts, sing lead, and choose all the [dispensable] band members, yes. However, the only thing that's larger than "myself" is MY ideas and passions, which I am careful to ensure will exist with or without any other person. ;) Not other people doing a group cause.

2) I am aware of the societal impact a decision will have (culturally, tangibly and on an interpersonal level) ===> 4
Aware? Absolutely. Do I care? Not usually.

3) contributing to the community is important to me ===> 0
4) being recognized by my community for my contributions is important to me ===> 0
5) I can talk to you all day about things I'd like to improve about society ===> 3
Yes, because the super-villain in the novel I'm writing has a vision for the society he wants. So I think about this stuff all the time. I'm obsessed with dictators and "visionaries gone wrong."
The reason I say 3 is because I'm talking about a GENERAL society, not America or my city per se.

6) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also the relationships of other people with each other and their effect on whatever group, institution or gathering I am a part of ===> 4
7) the groups I identify with (or lack there of) are a major part of my identity (whether they're mainstream. counter culture, rich elite or societal outcasts) ====> 0
8) I like to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance (the more related to any of the groups I associate with the better) ===> 2

Only around election time do I keep up with current events, and that's because elections affect *me.* The rest doesn't apply. I don't identify with one political "group" over another - I love to pick fights on my alter-ego's political page on facebook to gather knowledge and blow off steam, and I stand by my basic beliefs though I am open to learn about issues, but I manage to piss everyone off because my beliefs don't fit neatly into any group and yet I usually end up backing one major candidate or another because he matches MORE of my beliefs; so I even piss off the third-party independent types.

9) at my worst I am either strongly conformist (developing an "us vs them" mentality) or vehemently ant-society/counter culture; at my best, my relationships with my peers because ones of healthy interdependence. I am warm, accepting and reach out to people to make them feel accepted. ===> 0
10) "no man is an island" ===> 0

Total SO = 14

Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway) ==> 5
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is ==> 5
3) I am very health conscious ==> 5
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me ==> 3
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly ===> 5
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money ===> 5
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better. ===> 4
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely. ===> 3
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes ===> 4
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends ===> 5

SP = 44 total

Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality ===> 3
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" ===> 5

I deserve 10 for this one ;)

3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly) ==> 2
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person ===> 5

5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be ===> 2
This question was a little confusing. I do obsess over my love interests but it doesnt translate to a desire to be clingy. I end up taking those exciting feelings and going to the gym with extra energy, channeling my sex drive and appetite into my music, wanting to do nice things to turn them on and promote myself while I'm at it, like take sexy promo shots. I love that obsessive ENERGY of being turned on, but I don't get CLINGY towards the person. That energy comes from my obsession, but it belongs to ME. However, if the guy wants to spend a lot of time with me in the early stages when we're both more intense about it, then I'm happy. In the long run I need time to myself too- LOTS of it.

6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility ==> 0
7) I have strong impulses (particularly when relating to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful ==> 5
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead ===> 1
No, but I do feel this way about my projects. If I'm not working on music or writing my novels or indulging my passions, I feel dead, even if I am in a relationship.

9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life ==> 5
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not ==> 5

Sx Total = 33

That leaves me at:
SO: 14
SP: 44
SX: 33

Now, would anyone believe that I, who is known as SX Diva of Perc, would score so much higher on SP?

I think there's a reason for this. I think the SX questions are mostly focused on relationships. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but can't SX energy also go into your passions, if you're a creative type or a very driven type? There might need to be more emphasis on general energy and myopic focus rather than just sexual partners. Also, I don't relate to the questions that say you feel dead without a partner; though I do feel dead without a passion ; ie writing or music. I'd associate that passion with SX energy, since I don't do it to make money or to socialize (though long term I'd like t make money of course). But if the questions simply said you feel dead without something OR someone to put your passion towards, that would make more sense. Also, it wouldn't hurt to ask about whether you tend to form stronger bonds with one person and hang out with that one person very often, rather than have larger social groups? All that I'm saying is - while I am probably a drastic SX dom, and I love sex and intensity a lot, I'm 32 and I've only been in one relationship that lasted more than a few months. I'm usually single and keeping my distance from intense involvement wth men because it distracts me frm my work, which I'm VERY passionate about. THAT is the SX. So it can be misleading for someone like me to be categorized as clingy- I'll say no every time unless youre asking about clinging to my projects ;)

Just some stuff to think about.

Also this will manifest differently in each type. Fr instance, an SX 5 might become obsessed with one video game or one idea that they want to know everything about and cram it in their mind. An SP 5 might want to protect his mind by staying away from his body. Meanwhile an SP 8 would be all about taking care of the body and having money.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fr instance, an SX 5 might become obsessed with one video game or one idea that they want to know everything about and cram it in their mind.

lol yes. I sometimes spend more time theorycrafting than actually playing and then I end up making plans of how to play competently... and I end up planning more than I actually play. :huh:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I've decided I'm so last and probably sp/sx. Here is my logic. I'm definitely not sx last, and I'm definitely not sp last, so even though I have a few strong so motivations, it has to be last. And I don't excel with all that Fe type stuff anyway, no matter how much I may like it now and then. Probably sp first because I am always very aware of my physical state of being, and I don't sacrifice my health for much of anything- usually only other sp type things like making money. And I can be intense, but I'm not overwhelming, and I don't do the whole needing people thing. I don't tend to do things in excess either.

So tentatively sp/sx; but I'll read more about it and it's possible I could change my mind. I guess Elfboy's test is pretty accurate then. :)

B

brainheart

I really like this test. I wish it would enter the completion phase.