• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help with string-thrusting.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
String-thrusting is a manly word for sewing, much like hydrator is a manly word for moisturizer. ;)

Anyway, I had a pair of jeans with a hole in the knees. I cut off the lower half with scissors to make shorts. Seemed wasteful to just throw them away Only, I realized I need a hem to stop the part the part of the fabric that was cut from fraying.

I'm trying to string-thrust the hem, manually.

The bit I need help with is at the end. What are good ways for securing the thread so it can't just be ripped out? I've improvised stuff with tying knots, but I can't help but feel that it's woefully inadequate. It certainly looks sloppy, and I have no clue how durable it is.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't help you. I never had the patience to learn this. But oh wow...I love how you worded this 'thread'. :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well according to string theory, there is no thrust. There's vibration, and the way it vibrates determines what it manifests as. We're each part of the amazing music!