• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sure, no problem. I hope everything works out.

I did my exercise routine this morning though! at 5 AM!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure, no problem. I hope everything works out.

I did my exercise routine this morning though! at 5 AM!

:shock:. Also, :workout:!

And thanks.

I have some veggies and mixed nuts that I need to prep, so I can go back to eating 5-6 times a day. I've also been working 10+ hour days in prep for my time off from work, so I haven't gotten around to actually prepping everything to take it into work. :doh:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This thread is kind of dead so I'm here to liven things up! ;P

I've lost 30 pounds by cutting out sugar, drinking water (no more soda), eating lots of protein and no carbs at night. I also do about an hour of cardio 5 days a week. It wasn't easy at first but it has become a way of life for me now. On the weekends I lighten up a bit and don't worry too much about what I eat. I still want to lose more but I'm not stressing over it. I'm just glad I'm healthier and have better eating habits. It has taken me several years to understand that the older I get, the less tolerant my body is going to be. So no smoking or eating unhealthy food. And honestly I feel more energetic.
41046cfd-1.jpg

I'll probably delete the pic later because it's not very good, but I did want to share my news with all of you. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Congrats, Jen. Looking blurry, but good. :newwink:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

I've lost 30 pounds by cutting out sugar, drinking water (no more soda), eating lots of protein and no carbs at night. I also do about an hour of cardio 5 days a week. It wasn't easy at first but it has become a way of life for me now. On the weekends I lighten up a bit and don't worry too much about what I eat. I still want to lose more but I'm not stressing over it. I'm just glad I'm healthier and have better eating habits. It has taken me several years to understand that the older I get, the less tolerant my body is going to be. So no smoking or eating unhealthy food. And honestly I feel more energetic.
41046cfd-1.jpg

I'll probably delete the pic later because it's not very good, but I did want to share my news with all of you. :)
I'm very happy for you, Jen!
Good work! :static:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks Jeff. My cell phone doesn't take the clearest pics sometimes. Maybe next year I'll post a bikini pic. :laugh:

*makes calendar entry for next year*

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Jen's got so much energy she can't even sit still for a clear picture. That's gotta be worth something. :D

I've been running lately, and little else sad to say ._. I promise I'll get back into the gym with the membership I pay for every month and work on some strength training..

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've joined the Precision Nutrition Lean Eating program. I've been eating well once again (not perfectly, but mostly healthy) and working out around 6 times a week. They aren't tough workouts, but they are enough.

I've lost 7 pounds since August 1st, and am almost to my low water mark during the challenge itself.

Thanks for livening up the thread! And congrats on the weight loss and positive changes. I stand here duly impressed. :) And if I'm reading you right in that you quit smoking, then consider me not only impressed, but flabbergasted!

Jen's got so much energy she can't even sit still for a clear picture. That's gotta be worth something. :D

I've been running lately, and little else sad to say ._. I promise I'll get back into the gym with the membership I pay for every month and work on some strength training..

Do they offer any classes or group exercises there? Some of the classes that a weight oriented gym like that can be pretty fun. They can have things like kettle bell exercises and flipping tires around... all in a group atmosphere. Not your normal "lift heavy weight many times" type of thing you might be expecting. I bet you'd enjoy it. :)

.4 miles running 3.2 miles walking.

I'm such a lazy ass.

For walking / jogging 3.6 miles. Hardly.

All you do it try to increase the jogging just a tiny bit each time you go. If you are consistent over a period of time, you'll eventually be jogging that entire 3.5 miles and feeling great afterward.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever works best for you. :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm a little sad... The apartment I am moving into does not have a gym in the apartment complex. I used to do cardio 5x a week when I didn't have to leave my apartment to go to the gym. But I can't imagine I'm going to be nearly as consistent when I have to drive to a gym.

Frankly, I used to just go to the gym at 3am or so when I was awake and there was nothing to do. There are no gyms in the area that are open overnight.

I just feel like moving is going to make me lazy again.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a little sad... The apartment I am moving into does not have a gym in the apartment complex. I used to do cardio 5x a week when I didn't have to leave my apartment to go to the gym. But I can't imagine I'm going to be nearly as consistent when I have to drive to a gym.

Frankly, I used to just go to the gym at 3am or so when I was awake and there was nothing to do. There are no gyms in the area that are open overnight.

I just feel like moving is going to make me lazy again.

Is jogging outside an option? Can you make your apartment a gym? This book (free for online download) has some good ideas: Brain Over Brawn

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Udog asked me in a rep comment if I'm still doing the Men's Health Personal Trainer program. (Silly Udog, I can't reply to rep comments!)

Yes, I am still doing the program, and I can see noticeable differences in my body. I haven't kept track of inches lost but I have dropped two pants sizes since I started in February, and have lost nearly 30 pounds, though I have been kinda fluctuating in the 221-225 or so area for several weeks now.

I'm nearing the end of Phase 3 of the Testosterone Advantage Workout, which is the powerlifting phase. (Powerlifting for me means I'm actually getting up to 30 pound dumbbells for some exercises. ;))

When I finish next week, that will be the end of that 9 week workout plan, so I'll be taking a week off and then starting a different workout plan. I might change the meal plan too, but I don't know, because the T.A. seems to be the only one that gives me enough protein, so I like it for that reason. We'll see.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Udog asked me in a rep comment if I'm still doing the Men's Health Personal Trainer program. (Silly Udog, I can't reply to rep comments!)

Yes, I am still doing the program, and I can see noticeable differences in my body. I haven't kept track of inches lost but I have dropped two pants sizes since I started in February, and have lost nearly 30 pounds, though I have been kinda fluctuating in the 221-225 or so area for several weeks now.

I'm nearing the end of Phase 3 of the Testosterone Advantage Workout, which is the powerlifting phase. (Powerlifting for me means I'm actually getting up to 30 pound dumbbells for some exercises. ;))

When I finish next week, that will be the end of that 9 week workout plan, so I'll be taking a week off and then starting a different workout plan. I might change the meal plan too, but I don't know, because the T.A. seems to be the only one that gives me enough protein, so I like it for that reason. We'll see.

I repped you in case you didn't want to answer. :D Anyway, congrats!

When the scale fails, sometimes it helps to look for other signs that your body composition is improving. Have you noticed any changes in the past 3 weeks? Are clothes getting looser? Do you see more muscle definition in the mirror?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My sides/back are hurting for no reason, should I even be running? I get a stitch in my side just from walking a decent distance now.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Is jogging outside an option? Can you make your apartment a gym? This book (free for online download) has some good ideas: Brain Over Brawn

Jogging is a little too hard on my foot. I've had 7 surgeries on my left foot and just now have gotten through physical therapy and am able to walk long distances without a lot of pain for the first time. Things like jogging and treadmills where there is a strong impact between my foot and the ground is painful. I do alright with something like an elliptical where I don't have to pick up my foot.

Taking a look at that book though.