• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ADHD] Trying to read 'Psychological Types' by Jung, but there is a problem.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem is a two parter that are really one and the same.

The first part is that I have severe ADHD and as such I have a very hard time sticking to something for extended periods of time. It's near impossible without medication.

A little backstory to this is that I have recently tried to get more organized in terms of tasks and what I am putting on paper. I bought 4 notebooks: a graph notebook for math, a wide ruled notebook for intrapersonal things, a wide ruled notebook for problem solving and generally just things to ponder, and lastly, a flip over notepad for making to do lists. The problem of the issue at hand came about when I sat down to try and read "Personality Types". What I noticed is that I had a very strong urge to do something else as soon as I started reading. So even though I am attempting to get more organized with regards to my thoughts on things, I still can't really sit still for very long. I had to sit there and force myself to read this wonderful book which I was interested in.

Enter problem B. I get very inspired reading material like this. Jung was in a league of his own when it comes to his intellect and articulation. The second part of this problem (if you want to call it a problem, I suppose some might not think so) is that I want to immediately write down all these ideas that Jung is giving me from reading this really intriguing literature.

So I pose a question to those who also have ADHD and deal with the same thing: How do you manage to sit in one place and do one things for any good length of time? What has helped you overcome obstacles of not being able to sit down when reading and just absorb what is coming into your skull?